Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Who is this guy again? Shadowpawn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brainwrecked View Post
    I do.

Agreed. Agreed. Agreed. But don't you see the waste in two groups of people working to come up with what is basically the same information? There are still ways to differentiate yourself. See: Ubuntu Linux, Suse Linux, Red Hat Linux, Gentoo Linux, Damn Small Linux, Knoppix, Linspire. See: Dell, HP, Gateway, IBM, Acer, Asus, myriad small/local PC outlets. See: Just about every company that makes a business selling a product (or service for a product) that follows a baseline standard.

Wait, didn't you just contradict yourself? All the groups you mentioned are basically producing the same product yet they're rivals. Isn't that like what PSOW and PSUpedia are doing right now? Producing the same product or information in a different manner?

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpawn View Post
    Wait, didn't you just contradict yourself? All the groups you mentioned are basically producing the same product yet they're rivals. Isn't that like what PSOW and PSUpedia are doing right now? Producing the same product or information in a different manner?
    Yeah, I did, actually.

What I really wanted to say is "Merging of PSO-World's and PSUPedia's Information," I just didn't know it at the time. The assumption therein would be that as the two worked more closely together, the sites would merge. Someone would work on merging the best of the encyclopedic (PSO-World) and wiki (PSUPedia) worlds. A consensus would be reached on ideals. And we'd all hold hands as we skipped-to-my-lou down unlittered sidewalks under a rainbow in an unpolluted sky.

I got too focused on the pipe dream.

But just because it's a pipe dream doesn't mean some good can't come from working towards elements of that dream, no matter how far off in Barney-land it is. (A stranger is a friend you haven't met yet!)

Discussion & debate: open mouth, close mouth and listen, process input, decide if your ideas are upheld or need changed, repeat.
    Last edited by Brainwrecked; Jun 28, 2008 at 02:48 AM.
    I'm Guy, so what?

It's nice that this merging idea is brought up. But you all can see it's not feasible. It's best to keep things the way they are now. Perhaps someday we can see a strong affiliation between the sites.

I think the topic has done its course. What needs to say is already said, so let's close this matter.