Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PSU movies

Default PSU movies

well anyway we got screwed no mag, or updates for like a year now... and i know people are getting bored of white beast. ive been toying with this idea and was going to post it after mag...

whose interested in making PSU movies?

now let me clarify what im speaking about. id be interested in doing an actual movie like rping but thats not what i mean.

how about make short 5 minute movies, like people will record the game when they play, then edit and cut the best scenes to show off what this game can do... THEN post them on the site.

this would be a good way to get friends playing, and it could be fun...

I play on PS2, if anyones interested let me know. and for the xbox, im sure we can get a xbox group of people too so im not neglecting anyone.

Check out Deja's video posted in the Screenshot thread, that should explain that PSU CAN be enoyable, kinda. *still laughs at "It's on my ass, okay?"*

"SQAUK! I have a third nipple!"

Quote Originally Posted by Seority View Post
    "SQAUK! I have a third nipple!"
    um..... ok.....
    PSU characters:
    Goldbrease human lv:150 HU:10 RA:5 FF:20 FI:20

LOL oops oh well, so what program you guys do that with? im gonna start making them

What Deja used is beyond me, he either has a hell of a good program or is just way too excellent at editing. (or both)

Only thing I know of which can record PSU is Fraps, which sadly doesn't work for me anymore for some odd reason. :l
    For editing stuff I personally have Cyberlink PowerDirector 6.0. *shrugs*

OH SNAP, CRACKLE, POP!!
    Time to have some UWUHAAAAAAAAA (> Ubwa)

deja's movies look fun, i would like to join in.
    PSU characters:
    Goldbrease human lv:150 HU:10 RA:5 FF:20 FI:20

Khanny - Female Cast - Hunter - Fighter - Ship 10 Lv 30

"I kinda do YouTube "

At this point of time, I think even PSU movies are better than the actual game. *coughs towards ST*

No idea what Deja used, but there's some free tools I've found for my editing needs.

If you're on the PC, you can use Fraps to capture video footage. Not sure of it's options (whole desktop? window only?) as I use Linux and have a tendency to steer clear of proprietary stuff (FPS1 codec).

If you're using a console, you'll have to get some sort of video capture device for either RCA Composite or S-Video output from the console. I recommend using a set-top DVR that you can burn DVDs with so you can edit the video on your computer. I also suggest using Mencoder to extract the audio and video from the DVD into a file that's computer-ready.

Once you have the video on your PC, you can use AVIDemux for some rudimentary editing (splicing, color controls). You can also use Windows Movie Maker for some more advanced stuff.

I have a whole article on this at my blog right here: HOWTO: Capture Game Console Footage. Goes into a whole lot of detail about all of your options. Some of the stuff may not apply if you're using the PC version of the game, but after you get past the capturing video part, it's all universal from that point out.

Other tools also available. I'm sure others have input to give from experience.
    I'm Guy, so what?