Lightbulb Mirror's Edge poster and story news!

http://img291.imageshack.us/my.php?i...eposterte8.png

in a European magazine it is said that in the next months, drawing-stylized videos will tell hints
    of the story of Mirror's Edge and possibly other things. It's due to be released sometime this year, and also it's confirmed that DICE has been working on this game longer than Battlefield: Bad Company.

http://img366.imageshack.us/img366/2...sterte8ni8.png

- Game is set into the future.
    - Mankind has decided to build themselves the perfect utopia in which to live in: everyone is safe, healthy and happy.
    - In exchange the people have granted the government complete control over everyone.
    - Every street, every household and all forms of communication are being monitored by the government.
    - Not everyone wants to be part of the utopia, though, so they literally live on the edge of the society.
    - Since all information networks are in a strict government control the messages that truly need to be kept secret are delivered by hand by couriers, also known as runners.
    - Faith is the 'über runner', the uncrowned queen of couriers, who always succeeds in delivering the message.
    - DICE wants to emphasise that Faith is not a fighter: she does not want to overturn the government nor murder the president, she just wants to live her life in her own way.
    - Faith's (innocent) sister has been arrested and it is Faith's responsibility to find out what is really going on.

- Towards the game's release the world and the story will be explained to players in the form of videos which will be released every month on Xbox Live Marketplace and on PlayStation Network.
    - The videos will have a drawing-like look.

- New level was presented to the press.
    - The level design was inspired by the massively huge sewers beneath Tokyo.
    - Sewer tanks the size of apartment houses are full of ledges and pathways which fit perfectly for Faith's speedy manner of progression.

- Mirror's Edge is not as easy as one might think from watching the debut trailer.
    - Controls are easy to learn but the gameplay is hard to master.
    - A slightly wrongly-aimed jump easily leads to a fall to certain death.
    - Even Sébastien Bisch who had played the game for countless of times made a lot of fatal mistakes while demonstrating the game to the press.

- Mirror's Edge has a lot of routes to choose from.
    - Some routes are a given, some routes need some thinking before they open up to the player.
    - The choice of what route to use is completely up to the player.
    - The hard routes are included in the game because DICE noticed that many of the players want to test their limits and try out their skills.
    - Those who conquer a harder route are rewarded with tactically better possibilities and with other 'goodies' or sometimes just with a "Yes! I beat it! I rule!" feeling.

- One of the supporting ideas in the game is momentum.
    - As Faith gains speed the movement options become more versatile for the player and the hardest jumps are managed with ease.
    - Faith's arsenal of movements are jumping, rolling, dangling and climbing, which will come in handy since the rooftops of the buildings will present no easy routes.
    - The game guides the player in a splendidly intuitive way: every object that is even slightly interesting is marked red so that the player can keep the momentum going while plannig out the route at the same time.
    - Those needing for more precise help are treated with a hint button similar to that in PS3's Uncharted, which will show the location of the next objective but not the route to it. Thus creative thinking and reacting to things 'on-the-fly' will always be the central challenges in the game.

- Although Faith is not a fighter sometimes the contacts are inevitable.
    - If a fight just can't be avoided Faith's skilled acrobatic body turns into a efficient weapon since the player can easily turn a wall jump into a great looking jump kick.
    - Fights are best dealt with Faith's acrobatic movements since a non-moving player will quickly get lead-poisoned by the enemy.
    - When Faith is on the move she is a extremely difficult opponent to beat.
    - Controlled by a skilled player Faith is able to disarm her opponent with a smooth kick and, continuing the same momentum, then proceed to snap the opponent's neck.
    Last edited by Saner; Jul 1, 2008 at 10:13 PM.

two of the same image?

Quote Originally Posted by Split View Post
    two of the same image?
    in case one of links don't work.

This sounds like exactly the kind of thing I'd be into. What systems is it coming out for?

Xbox360, PS3 and PC.

Yeah this game is gonna be totally sweet. I hope they don't find a way to fuck it up. I'm reallyu looking forward to this.

"Brotherhood asked for no friendship, only loyalty. They stood back to back as the galaxy burned - always brothers, never friends; traitors together unto the last."

just youtube'd this game, it looks sooooo sick. I love the theme song in the trailer

Celestial Knight of Azure Flames zandra117's Avatar
    My soul is in Gurhal while my heart is on Ragol

the gameplay sounds like a realistic FPS version of sonic the hedgehog except all characters are human lol.
    "Thol-Falz, tes par rel diemed. Tes syr, weh yi ryukad te reli, rel ken rel obid." Dark Force, your shrine is finished. Your sword, who you returned to reality, is able to be wielded.

lol maybe finding 50 gold rings = Super Faith