Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Had a pretty nifty time, tonight. Hooked up with Xianten and we played for a while. Pretty much, this got rid of any worries about net lag. Perhaps it was 2 people, but we probably lived a lot closer than the usual. Our pings were well in the green. Anyway, we played several missions with perfect connections and it was a blast. Definitely something to look forward to when the full game comes out.

Sure are a lot of JP only arenas :|.

True. Though it seems a bit strange they post as such. They hardly talk so there's really not much necessary communication going on there. Plus, I doubt they've had bad experiences in P-S-P, from non-Japanese.

Perhaps it's more of a (we don't want lag) issue. So everyone they connect to is local.

If the lag is real bad, I understand; though I doubt they played international games to find out. There's like only a few non-Japanese folk getting on there, anyway.

I think most of us that do get on there can understand japanese well enough to hang. However, my current problem is getting the browser to display Xlink Kai japanese text correctly. I can read some of the language, but I can't read boxes of uninterpreted Shift-JIS.

Default confused ....

I tried many different guides (including the Quick Start guide) and have been confused way too much.

I Have:
    PSP 2001 with custom firmware

Computer
    (plugged in to)->
    Linksys wireless N+ router
    (plugged in to)->
    Comcast Modem

I need a step by step guide on what to do from here and what else I will need. (I tried following the Quick Start guide, but I got to a step that i couldn't find ... some configuring options in Kai didn't exist.)

Any help would be amazing please!!

Thingis. It's kind of tough to get it working on just the wireless N router. It likely wont work. Thing is, you need something simple with which you can change the SSID of the wireless receiver.

The easiest way to do this is with certain USB wi-fi dongles. Basically, a wi-fi receiver that you plug into your PC desktop/laptop for your PSP to connect to. What this is generally doing, is allowing your PSP to connect through to the internet connection using the wi-fi dongle as an Adhoc station.

The instructions, out there, are usually for Wi-fi USB dongles like the Datel Wi-fi Max (sold in stores), and there's now even better solutions.

http://www.teamxlink.co.uk/

is the site for Xlink Kai, and right there on the front page, now, is some nice cheap USB dongles to use with Kai. In fact, they seem to be better than the one I have because they support both Mac and PC.

Quote Originally Posted by Akaimizu View Post
    Thingis. It's kind of tough to get it working on just the wireless N router. It likely wont work. Thing is, you need something simple with which you can change the SSID of the wireless receiver.

The easiest way to do this is with certain USB wi-fi dongles. Basically, a wi-fi receiver that you plug into your PC desktop/laptop for your PSP to connect to. What this is generally doing, is allowing your PSP to connect through to the internet connection using the wi-fi dongle as an Adhoc station.

The instructions, out there, are usually for Wi-fi USB dongles like the Datel Wi-fi Max (sold in stores), and there's now even better solutions.

http://www.teamxlink.co.uk/

is the site for Xlink Kai, and right there on the front page, now, is some nice cheap USB dongles to use with Kai. In fact, they seem to be better than the one I have because they support both Mac and PC.
    Awesome, thanks. Now assume I do have one of these, what do I do?

The main site that sells that hardware, listed there, has the software to download which has the software you need. After that, the instructions that started this topic, is the best thing I know, right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Akaimizu View Post
    The main site that sells that hardware, listed there, has the software to download which has the software you need. After that, the instructions that started this topic, is the best thing I know, right now.
    I wil get one of those USB devices then try agian.

okay so i set up my wireless to my psp already and just installed xlink kai today, but i dont really understand how any of the setup stuff works... im not really 100% sure what i have to do to be able to connect my psp to the servers... any tips?

quick question which is more preferd xlink or ad hoc party i understand thta xlink kai is more use but since i ude adhoc party i have no clue how it works