Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Fure_Rakune View Post
    How dare Capcom decide to use a new version of Morrigan!
    I was half expecting the to re-use the old Darkstalkers sprite-based body of hers, as theyve been using it for the past decade of fighting games.
    Your kidding right?

Anyhow.

Yeah I stumbled on quite a few scans a while back.
    Should have shared them with you folks.

Which I'll do now.
    Most recent that shows Soki from Onimusha, NEW Morrigan, Tekkaman, Alex from SF3, and a few others.

This is the first one that was shown in Famitsu, that first announced it.

This is probably something fans of Old school Anime (like Einhart) Fanservicy type games (*cough* me *cough*) and all around 2d fighting Fanatics have been waiting for.
    The game loosely looks like a Marvel Vs. Capcom Title. with the mid character switch and Team Specials.
    Plus since it's a type of game, Lets hope the roster will blow us away.

I think a few of you folks have mentioned some faves. (Viewtiful Joe, Speed Racer, etc)
    Anybody else you guys think should be in here?
    I looking forward to this much more than Street Fighter 4. That's just me though.
    -Uni 11 Vet/Slacker"They told me I could do anything. So I f***ed a god!"

PSN-Nicalrant Xbox Live-Nicalrant Wii code- A jumble of numbers, Ask me

Oh yeah, I like this style of fighting games much more than the traditional style. They better include Akuma, Cyborg Akuma from Marvel Super Heroes Vs. Street Fighter would be cool too. That was my only beef with MvC, it didn't have Akuma. Yeah you could transform to Evil Ryu but ehh.

Oh! I would love to see Akira from Rival Schools in a Vs. game too, some Breath Of Fire characters would be cool. Dante from DMC or Seig from Chaos Legion would kick azz.

Quote Originally Posted by Apone View Post
    Its about time capcom made another versus style game. I dout it'll see a stateside release because of all the licenses involved with those other characters. Just like those Shonen Jump games.
    Don't give up your hopes just yet. A lot of the anime that was produced by Tatsunoko was brought over to America, but their names were changed as well as the content being edited. However, that shouldn't be a reason alone to bring it over...

Mach Go Go Go was changed to Speed Racer
    Gatchaman was changed to Battle of the Planets
    Uchū no Kishi Tekkaman was changed to Tekkaman: The Space Knight (obviously)
    Robotech was a heavily edited version of Super Dimensional Fortress Macross. Certain clips were reused, many events changed compared to Macross, etc. It was almost given a Power Rangers treatment when Saban had the rights.

Evangelion already aired several times on Adult Swim. The same for SoulTaker on TechTV/G4.

Again, surprisingly, a lot of the stuff has been dubbed, and seeing how much of a downfall dubbed anime has taken (Geneon shut down and ADV has been having some issues as well), it wouldn't be much of a surprise if the companies who have the rights to any said anime would want to try to gain some sort of royalties from this project if it comes to America.

Grah!

The Marvel and Marvel vs Capcom series were my favorite fighting games, and if these play the same general way then I pray we get this.

Here's the thing though. If look at the Kotaku link that was posted earlier.

There might be some licensing issues.

Which due to that. We lose out on some great games (the JP licensing laws as you can see are not the strict like the one on our side of the earth)

But at least Capcom US. is looking into it.
    -Uni 11 Vet/Slacker"They told me I could do anything. So I f***ed a god!"

PSN-Nicalrant Xbox Live-Nicalrant Wii code- A jumble of numbers, Ask me