Default PC controller issue

Well, I've been playing PSU on PC with a 360 controller. No problems, but I was just curious to try out a PS2 controller with it. Since I have a PS2 to USB adapter (a little blue unit made by Hvg2), which I got to play fighting games in MAME, I figured no problem right? Except when the PS2 controller is plugged into the adapter, PSU doesn't recognize it. It still recognizes the 360 controller fine, and when I start up MAME, that recognizes the PS2 controller fine. Any ideas? Is there something I'm missing that I can do to tell PSU to recognize another controller? Thanks!

You might need to download a driver for it first. I didn't need any driver for my PS2 controller via usb adaptor. The PC kind of know it when plugged in. When the PC can see it, PSU should recognize the controller.

how is it that you use the 360 controller on the pc for it.

i have the wired controller and i have the drivers installed for it already. i use the controllers for my emulators but i cant find options on psu for switching to the controller?

This "sorta" happened to me. Are you unplugging the 360 controller and then plugging in the PS2 controller (if it's a wireless 360 controller, make sure you unplug the wireless receiver from your PC)? A

nother thing is that if that Ps2 adapter is one of those dual ones, make sure you plug in your PS2 controller to the first player port. Some games don't care which port you plug it into but PSU does. Also make sure you edit your controller settings in the PSU loader.

Sylvia: Yeah, at first I tried just plugging the PS2 adapter into another USB port, so both it and the 360 controller (mine is wired, by the way) were plugged in, but then later I tried it without the 360 controller plugged in (including restarting the game with ONLY the PS2 controller plugged in) and still no dice. Though my adapter IS a dual one; I think I was using the player 1 side, but I didn't think to make sure, so I'll double check that. As for messing with the "controller settings in the PSU loader"... I looked at it but didn't see anything that seemed to relate to telling the game to use/recognize a new controller, only options for changing what button does what. Come to think of it... I worked with the controller settings quite a bit when I first set up my 360 controller... I don't particularly remember doing anything special to get it to recognize that controller in the first place either, but it does. O_o
    Quote Originally Posted by fay View Post
    how is it that you use the 360 controller on the pc for it.

i have the wired controller and i have the drivers installed for it already. i use the controllers for my emulators but i cant find options on psu for switching to the controller?
    Hmm... as I said, it seemed like once I had the 360 controller drivers, I turned on PSU and it immediately recognized the 360 controller without me really doing anything. I did download XBCD's drivers to use instead of the official Microsoft ones, but that's only cause the MS ones suck (woudn't let me assign the shoulder triggers as button presses, it would ONLY allow them to be used for axis control, which was lame). The controller still WORKED with PSU with only the standard MS drivers, it just didn't work like I wanted it to. And when I plug my PS2 adapter into any of my USB ports, MAME still recognizes any PS2 controllers plugged into it immediately.

This is weird... lol I will try both of the controller ports on the PS2 adapter when I get home, and will take another look at the controller settings as well. Still, this is a very odd problem.