Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by JubeiSaotome View Post
    Disclaimer: I'm not going to tell you where to get CFW or how to install it. That's up to you.

Anyway, for those of us with CFW, here is the plugin for screenshotting
    LINK: http://rapidshare.com/files/12929124..._v1.2.zip.html

Once installed and activated in the pre-boot up menu, you can press the music note button to screencap. Images go into Drive:PSPphotos
    [Well first off I think to better clarify you should state that both the Pre-Boot and Recovery menu are the same thing as we in the PSP Realm tend to use the name "Recovery Menu" often so people hearing something else may lead to confusion. Also the destination of the Screenshot's will depend on the plugin prx and your settings for example, I have mine set to save to MS0:PICTURE\Screenshots but I use the CFE (Custom Firmware Extender) plugin set.

In addition it's good to note that different CFW's tend to work the plugins, if you use the Dax (Dark-Alex) series OE+M33 (Open Edition+March 33) then chances are they will not effect things at all "considering they were coded for them to begin with" but other types made from other people and dev teams may work or not depending on the coding they did on the firmware in the first place. Not that this should be too much of an issue because people tend to use either the Dax or Gen firmwares now a days.]

Quote Originally Posted by JubeiSaotome View Post
    Get a slim PSP & video capture card for your PC?
    Quote Originally Posted by landman View Post
    PSP slim can do that? I had no idea, but I don't know if any of my friends have a slim... I also have a fat :
    Quote Originally Posted by landman View Post
    Thanks, What I would like to know now is how can I make good quality videos of my PSP games :P
    [If you install the "Remote Joy" plugin and settings then you can use your USB cable to hook up your PSP and play it off a PC window. Fullscreen or windowed it depends on what you'd like. Also there is some newer versions that have sound as well so you don't need a slimline PSP for video out Classics can do it to.]

Quote Originally Posted by Zarode View Post
    Holding R then hitting the music note button will make an animated gif.
    [Again this depends on the settings the way you have it and the prx being used, if this one does it that way it should be clarified that it's only for this one as there are many different Screenshot plugin versions.]

*I should note that the OE series is reserved for 3.03 up until 3.52 I believe that the M33 series began with 3.52. Either way those firmwares will not help you with the demo as you need 3.95 to run it, this was just a general comment for those getting into the custom firmwares and plugins.
    Last edited by Darksidehearts; Jul 18, 2008 at 10:01 AM.

Screencapture is decent, gif lags my game out so bad it's not even worth it. Anyone else experience this?

It's not "lag" per se. It's just taking consecutive screenshots.

Quote Originally Posted by Darksidehearts View Post
    If you install the "Remote Joy" plugin and settings then you can use your USB cable to hook up your PSP and play it off a PC window. Fullscreen or windowed it depends on what you'd like. Also there is some newer versions that have sound as well so you don't need a slimline PSP for video out Classics can do it to.
    So, link us up? I tried some version last night but it would crash upon loading PSP or loading it when in a mission.

Hi all. I just downloaded this plugin and took some gif videos, but I cant find them on my memory stick... where are they saved to?

Thanks.

Dayton/Fairborn/Troy/Springfield, OH, USA

They are saved in PSP/Photo/
    ~360~ MCVelvetJanuary
    ~Skyly~ Beseal 180 AF/FF/WT | True Villain Caseal 170+ AT/GT
    Violent Violet Caseal 180 PT/GM/FM | Mistress Vulcana Newearl 179+ MF

Cursed $10 a month!

Sweet! Now i could make pics, and put them on board!
    but wait, would somebody mind shedding some light on what "remote joy" is? I'm not asking for a DL, (i got U-torrent for that!) i just want to know more about it.
    Last edited by BhunterX; Jul 27, 2008 at 09:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mvffin View Post
    They are saved in PSP/Photo/
    Oh, ok... I didn't see that folder originally. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by BhunterX View Post
    Sweet! Now i could make pics, and put them on board!
    but wait, would somebody mind shedding some light on what "remote joy" is? I'm not asking for a DL, (i got U-torrent for that!) i just want to know more about it.
    Remote Joy is a app that allows you to video output the psp onto your monitor using a usb cable.

I find it interesting that there are so many pirates here who don't know the legal ground they stand upon.

CFW is NOT in any way illegal. It voids your warranty. It's awesome and has many legal uses, such as the various awesome homebrews that are out there. Not only that, but if you really care all that much about the warranty, there are ways to make it impossible to know that you ever had CFW, that however might be illegal, probably fraud of some sort.. I'm not sure, being outside my code of ethics, I haven't bothered to research it. Transferring sony code is generally copyright violation since they are big on copyrighting stuff, however- Most methods of CFWing your psp involve running a program that modifies the firmware contained in the updates provided by sony under a licence that does not prevent their distribution. Then installing the newly made CFW. And thats what makes it legal. Is it a loophole? yes. Really though, by worrying about the loophole, you are "protecting" a organization that uses these legal loopholes to the fullest everyday. If they want to play by the letter of the law rather than the spirit of the law, then why should you have to follow the spirit when they want you to?

There are MANY psp underground sites that conduct themselves in a far more antipiracy fashion than this board seems to be. Even asking for help with iso's on some of them is enough for them to give you a warning. Suggesting that you might download one that you don't own would mean a certain ban. And isos can be legal, provided you own a game and make the iso yourself.

It is important to note that providing copies of your game to others is copyright infringement, I'm not sure what that goes for out of the us, but copyright infringement has a max fine of 9000$ within the U.S. thats.. PER infraction.

Theft on the otherhand.. well.. theft is not that big a deal unless it's over 400$ in value. The most they can hit you for is the value of the things you have stolen. 400$+ and it's Grand Theft, which is a felony. You don't want felonies. But wait! there's more! It has yet to be brought to a court adjudicated decision on whether or not downloading software is stealing, that's because the recording industries would like us to all start believing it's wrong and illegal before they risk getting told to GTFO by a judge.

I would provide a link to one of the sites providing detailed information on setting up CFW, but the ones with the really up to date info generally aren't strenuously antipiracy, plus I like linking people to http://www.justfuckinggoogleit.com/ cause I support their message =D

Anyways, for fun, I'll give a basic description of the method of choice for putting your PSP of any firmware on CFW, option A know someone who has a PSP with CFW, ask them to help you CFW your psp using pandora. Option B Is to find someone via the internet who has CFW, and is offering a pandora service.
    The great thing about the pandora method is that there is very little risk involved, googling it doesn't bring up a deluge of ppl going NO! YOU BRICKED MY PSP! and that should be all the proof you need. the wonderful thing is that risky hacks are no longer neccesary, since the pandora method utilizes the service mode sony itself uses to unbrick your psp when you send it to them for repair.

Unfortunately there is no legal way to pandorize your PSP without a PSP that has CFW, nor is there really any safe way to do that either. Which brings us to the risks:
    Downloading things to put on your PSP. If you download a virus, you are SOL until you find someone with a pandora setup to unbrick your PSP. As before stated, tampering with your firmware voids your warranty, so sending your bricked psp to sony will not net you a repaired, working psp. Usually, sites that promote illegal activity, aren't safe sources.
    If the person with the CFW psp doesn't have a jigkick battery, you will have to convert a battery in to one, some more recent batteries have been designed to prevent conversion. if you don't research this part of the process, you may end up needing to buy a new battery before you can continue putting your psp to CFW.
    So, the point is: Research well, make sure you trust the source of your files not to include a virus, and make sure your battery is compatible with jigkick conversion before you try it.

The riskier way.. Option C search for a downgrader... you want to reach 1.5, then upgrade your way to the latest m33 CFW, there is no downgrade method for firmwares later that 3.50 to my knowledge, beyond the pandora method. That means that slim owners definitely don't have this option. This method also voids your warranty, and failure will brick your psp, making you require pandora to fix it, so pandora is the preferred method.
    Death only means that it's time to continue.