Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Issue when posting from Firefox 3

This doesn't happen all the time, but every now and then there's periods of time in which I cannot seem to make posts in threads or groups while using Firefox 3. I go to submit my post or go to Advanced mode, and I receive this message:

The following errors occurred with your submission

1. Your submission could not be processed because a security token was invalid.

If this occurred unexpectedly, please inform the administrator and describe the action you performed before you received this error.

However, if I open IE7 and try to make my post, it goes through just fine. I remember someone mentioning that this new forum system has some issues with Firefox, so I apologize if this is old news.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Nitro Vordex's Avatar

Huh. I've never gotten this error.

Maybe it has something to do with the security settings in Firefox?

When you receive that error message, did you check to make sure the page had finished loading? Also, how long has this been happening?

Nitro> It shouldn't, especially considering I have IE running at maximum security considering I never use it.

Ryna> Yes, the page has completely loaded. As far as how long this has been occuring, I've noticed it happening off and on when I downloaded FF3 a couple weeks ago, however it's been a nightly occurance the past few days. I say nightly because this seems to happen during evening hours. I also do not believe this is a network traffic issue on my end given that I load everything just as quickly.

I'll do some research today and see if there are any known bugs on vBulletin.

You said this primarily happens in the evening. Is that primarily when you visit the site? Have you noticed any occurrences at other times of day? What Firefox extensions do you have installed? What site style are you using?

Is anyone else having this problem?

I'm not sure if the evening thing really is a factor because I do tend to check it more during the evening, so I'm not sure. It definitely seems to be more of a technical issue to me than a traffic issue, so I'm not putting a lot of emphasis on it.

The only extensions I use are a weather applet and Adblock, neither of which caused any trouble when using FF2. I'm running the Blue Steel style.

Try using Sky-Blue or one of the Classic themes over the next couple of days. It maybe a Style problem.

It hasn't happened for a little bit, but if it does then I'll try switching to a Classic style and see if that changes anything.

Very interesting, I switched to Classic Mira-BlueGray when I had the problem and I was able to post. I suppose it's an issue with Blue Steel and styles like it.
    Last edited by Dhylec; Jul 20, 2008 at 08:32 AM.

I got this error once yesterday on a groups page after leaving my computer in the middle of a post before finishing it. After navigating away from the page and then back to it again I was able to post normally and haven't had any problems since.

Quote Originally Posted by Sekani View Post
    I got this error once yesterday on a groups page after leaving my computer in the middle of a post before finishing it. After navigating away from the page and then back to it again I was able to post normally and haven't had any problems since.
    What style were you using?