Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
    a comfortable place between dreams and reality

Quote Originally Posted by Seority View Post
    I never said I wanted things to be perfect, the way I want them to be, I'm just stating it's ridiculous to see three, four, even five topics about the same thing, everyday, with people posting the exact same things, none of which have solved anything, nor help the overall situation, exept fuel the complainers fires.
    If anything I'm just stating for others to stop posting to meaningless threads as that so others won't keep repeating them. Also for threads with meaning to not spam post, "Lol Segac killed the game!" and leave. We already know that they were doing terrible. Posting that is the same as saying "The sky is blue!"

Yes, as I said, quiting is not a sin. At this point, many state it's salvation, but you arn't putting the lights on, so if they continue to screw up, it's really none of your concern. Post your copy replies and complain all you want. It's your right, and no right of mine to tell you that you can't, but it's hard to convince a resturant to make better service, when you don't eat there anymore. If they cared, they'd be concerned that you left, but they are putting the demands of paying customers above yours, which is what I'm stating.

If you are bored with the game quit, as I have already said. The reason you are still here and still concerned is not because you want to see this game fail from Sega, but the fact that you still have hope that things will get better. So, you and I are here for the same thing. This means I am saying you won't post, "LOL SEGAC SUX", or, "I quit, so you should to!" which is what I want to stop, therefor, I'm not complaining about people like you.
    I agree that the repetition is pointless, but I think you are going to run into that any time you visit a forum. Its just part of life on the internet.

Your restaurant analogy would work if they were thriving and could afford to loose customers. However, in ST Bar & Grill's case, they are loosing customers by the minute, and they didn't have that many to begin with (speaking strictly of the US servers). If ST follows your business logic of not caring about non-paying customers, they will be out of business. FAST. The problem is those people are potential customers and ST is doing nothing to get the sale. And their delinquency has reached a such a dire state that they are loosing established customers, the loyal fanbase that has kept them afloat this long. If the servers aren't updated for the rest of the year, are you really going to keep paying? What happens when ST looses all of their existing customers and still continues to ignore the plight of potential customers? Their business model is no longer profitable and the servers close. Or, at the very least we end up in the same boat as the PSO-X servers, going years without updates. The JP servers would keep the business afloat from the revenue side, but since the US servers don't bring in any money...they get nothing. No updates, no events, no new missions, nothing. I don't know if you were on the business end of the Eternal Xmas on PSO, but it was bullshit in its purest form. The key difference there is we had all the content already so there were actually rares to hunt, hundreds of them. Not like PSU.

I REALLY want ST to get everything together, and turn PSU into what I know it can be. However, one day I realized that I wasn't paying for updates and new content to explore. I was paying to prolong my desperate hopes that ST will one day return to greatness like the prodigal son. What I didn't see is that continuing to pay ST in this manner would result in nothing. If you were ST, and thousands of people kept paying you every month even though you weren't actually providing a well-rounded service, would you keep doing the same thing? Most people would. Its a pretty sweet gig. Do nothing and get paid. When people complain, throw out some empty promises to quell the crowd and continue raking in the cash. The only thing that will force a change is when they stop getting paid to do nothing. When people finally go "WTF, this is a waste of money, I'd rather go buy 40 packs of gum". Every business has different customer support practices, some responsive, some not. But EVERY business responds when you hit their bottom line. They either shape up and right the wrongs, or go down in flames.

Quote Originally Posted by amtalx View Post
    I agree that the repetition is pointless, but I think you are going to run into that any time you visit a forum. Its just part of life on the internet.

Your restaurant analogy would work if they were thriving and could afford to loose customers. However, in ST Bar & Grill's case, they are loosing customers by the minute, and they didn't have that many to begin with (speaking strictly of the US servers). If ST follows your business logic of not caring about non-paying customers, they will be out of business. FAST. The problem is those people are potential customers and ST is doing nothing to get the sale. And their delinquency has reached a such a dire state that they are loosing established customers, the loyal fanbase that has kept them afloat this long. If the servers aren't updated for the rest of the year, are you really going to keep paying? What happens when ST looses all of their existing customers and still continues to ignore the plight of potential customers? Their business model is no longer profitable and the servers close. Or, at the very least we end up in the same boat as the PSO-X servers, going years without updates. The JP servers would keep the business afloat from the revenue side, but since the US servers don't bring in any money...they get nothing. No updates, no events, no new missions, nothing. I don't know if you were on the business end of the Eternal Xmas on PSO, but it was bullshit in its purest form. The key difference there is we had all the content already so there were actually rares to hunt, hundreds of them. Not like PSU.

I REALLY want ST to get everything together, and turn PSU into what I know it can be. However, one day I realized that I wasn't paying for updates and new content to explore. I was paying to prolong my desperate hopes that ST will one day return to greatness like the prodigal son. What I didn't see is that continuing to pay ST in this manner would result in nothing. If you were ST, and thousands of people kept paying you every month even though you weren't actually providing a well-rounded service, would you keep doing the same thing? Most people would. Its a pretty sweet gig. Do nothing and get paid. When people complain, throw out some empty promises to quell the crowd and continue raking in the cash. The only thing that will force a change is when they stop getting paid to do nothing. When people finally go "WTF, this is a waste of money, I'd rather go buy 40 packs of gum". Every business has different customer support practices, some responsive, some not. But EVERY business responds when you hit their bottom line. They either shape up and right the wrongs, or go down in flames.
    Amtal YOU get a trophy. That was Eloquent, and without being abrasive, I commend you for that.
    You basically said what I thought in better words.
    Life's a bitch and then you die.

You seemed to miss my point.
    The resurant will take up the compliants of paying customers over those who arn't customers, but they will take in both. If Sega is business conscience now, they'd try to please those who still pay them then try to help out those who quit, but wish to come back. Step order, so technically my compliant is "higher" then yours, but not by much. Both of ours should be equally concidered by Sega.

As you even know, many people have left because they are impatient with waiting for their promised updates. I still find this game intertaining without the updates. Even though I still have a lot of things I want to accomplish, without updates, a time will come where I have all I want, then I'd no longer wish to play. Just like most of the players who left because the game was too easy. They made their characters set to be the best, so if they come back now or even months from now, they would still be the best players and have the best gear. I would like to be one of them, but hopefully continuly playing PSU and being even better.

As I said, we both have the same opinions of what Sega has done and what we wish for them to do. I respect this greatly.
    Last edited by Seority; Jul 23, 2008 at 03:09 PM.

In this case, the people seated in the restaurant are complaining for the same reason as the people walking out to go across the street. The service sucks. Unless I am missing something, there hasn't been much variety in the nature of the complaints. The only difference between the two groups is that one has the patience to put up with the poor management, while the other feels their money better spent at an establishment that doesn't make you wait an hour for an appetizer. I'm one of the dudes walking across the street. I like the food just as much as you do, but I realized that I can get food that's just as good, if not better, from a place with better management. When ST gets all their ducks in a row, I'm more than willing to come back.

I was one of the people that complained about missions being too easy, and it never stopped me from playing. I probably even made more of a name for myself than I'd like to admit complaining about how gunners always get screwed. No game is perfect, and particularly in the case of ORPGS, you aren't going to keep everyone happy. However, complaining about gameplay mechanics is pretty trivial in the long run. At this point, balancing classes and whatnot is the furthest thing from people's mind. They just want what they are paying for, and lack of content effects everyone. Granted, I was one of the more "extreme" players. I probably cracked 70+ hours per week during MAG, so players like myself run out of content FAST. But with ST's prolonged absenteeism, even the casual players are getting effected. Not to mention that when the management of any organization consistent reneges on basic contently delivery, customers start to loose faith, and no one wants to be part of that.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Nitro Vordex's Avatar

Who was the one that said a complaining soldier is a happy soldier?

You bought into a Sonic Team game, it's your fault.

whining/complaining solves nothing. The way I see it, if you wanna quit, then just quit silently. Gotta love how people are announcing it and whining, thinking they're making a difference.
    Aeryn - 150 Newman ♀ | Kylie - 150 Human ♀ | Zael - 150 Beast ♂ | Sonja - 150 CAST ♀

Never forget.

Quote Originally Posted by Zael View Post
    whining/complaining solves nothing. The way I see it, if you wanna quit, then just quit silently. Gotta love how people are announcing it and whining, thinking they're making a difference.
    Holy shit

Greatest post ever

But yeah

Why do you people announce it?

''Leave no remorse to those who stand in your way of perfection''

Quote Originally Posted by Zael View Post
    "Complaining" is was got us a lot of the gameplay changes in AoI, and updates like the PA rebalance. ST has said as much. If you don't let the people in charge know what's wrong, they can't fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by amtalx View Post
    "Complaining" is was got us a lot of the gameplay changes in AoI, and updates like the PA rebalance. ST has said as much. If you don't let the people in charge know what's wrong, they can't fix it.
    In the end, its the fine line of constructive whining and being a motherfucking bitch.

;o