Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Lightbulb Final Fantasy XI is growing and evolving more than before.

http://www.ffxionline.com/forums/gen...wotg-more.html

massive interview! the big updates are coming much later this year, but it really looks like it will
    greatly improve things much more than ever before. and what's great is that they finally are
    aiming to make partying faster to setup (I think they might stretch the level gap so people that are like 5 levels apart can still get good xp together.) and more comfortable,
    and the "private dungeons" and other hints clearly point out they want to expand on letting people of different jobs have more options at soloing if need be. and overall improving the jobs so they can be used in different ways, because you know with the tight level gaps and strict roles for each job, it's tricky as it is to organize an effective and successful party. so if all else fails,
    maybe those private dungeons/new solo areas will offer something for the people who can't
    get a party started.

.... great
    Life's a bitch and then you die.

lol well FFXI may be a grind but it sure keeps me busy and entertained far more than
    shooters and fighting games. at least until the next big game comes along....which won't
    be out for like 3 more months....

May be a grind? Everything in that game is a grind.

Even traveling is a grind.

This will SURELY knock WoW out of the top spot ^_^!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

...but does the game still play itself?
    Tax the fucking churches.

So... 5 years after the initial release they are finally realizing how much of a grind it is to collect a full 6 man party including at least a Tank, and Healer(s)? AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I really would have loved to continued on with FFXI, but good god that grind was damn near impossible, let alone some of the quest for your AF gear? Some of the pieces required entire Alliances, normally of people well above the level to use it, sure it was a great piece to have when/if you got it, but yeesh...

It sounds like the story has gotten very interesting unfortunately I never got past Rank 5 in my missions, SINCE NO ONE WANTED TO DO THEM, and you needed a group to get them done... Perhaps if SE makes another MMO(Yes, I know they are) it honestly won't be as much of a grindfest

Newbie forever

This will surely be the WoW killer now! ^______________^
    FFXI is so kawaii!!!!!!1!!!!11

^ lawl two posts in and this dude has already mocked one of Saner's video game topics

unless you start on odin, you pretty much have to solo to 20-30 as it is; the higher-ups are busy with salvage and whatnot, and the new players are put off by the lack of parties. (and then when you get to 40, the lack of parties comes right back.) it's change or die, and i'm glad they're finally recognizing that. there is a ton of content that will take you a very long time to witness, but the overwhelming amount of quests you have to do coupled with the forced parties and grinding for them turn people right off at the beginning.

oh, the farming sucks nads too.