Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

It's up to YOU to design the coolest little 16 x 16 icon that we've ever seen, keeping in mind that it should somehow tie in with PSOW, Phantasy Star, etc
    I don't know, this is a bit vague, but I believe that it is a statement about YOU designing them.... not someone that you don't even know, let alone share rights with.....

I don't know how big of a deal this is, probably not a very big deal, but if YOU didn't design them, then it's not cool, as the opening statement says that YOU should design them....

but it may not be a rule....

it's only a big deal because it's a contest.

Corruption detected in trainer card

Ok, mine are those, if i ever make them they would be exactly the same as the ones i posted....

I want to vote to disqualify DC_PLAYER from this contest.

Edit to clarify:

From the site where you stole the icons:

Icon use agreement!!!
    Please don't direct-link to icon images on our site.
    A PSO icon is a free material.The used report E-mail is unnecessary.
    Please link a website, when you use it
    Site name =PSO-EGG+
    webmaster = Otsuno
    Please link only to the top page.
    top page URL=http://www.yhidemi.com/pso/
    Banners

Only the Cheracter icon of large extension is O.K.
    The Cheracter icon extension range is the color change hair style of the skin, color change of hair, and animation processing.
    Weapon addition. Change of the body accompanying it.
    Use in the range enjoyed in an individual is possible.
    Use to obtain business and profits is forbidden.
    Please send a question and E-mail in Japanese or very easy English.
    It cannot answer except Japanese and easy English.
    I'm not good at English...Please understand the situation.
    Emphasys mine. since PSOW has ad banners, it can be argued to be a commercial site, and it is not allowed by the creator (who btw used to be a registered user of psow) to use. But even if PSOW chose one of those icons, the credit can never go to DC_PLAYER, it has to be credited to Otsuno.
    Last edited by SabZero; Sep 2, 2008 at 03:59 PM.

Even if you traced the icons pixel for pixel, you're still a thief. If there's absolutely no way whatsoever to distinguish your "work" from the original, you stole it. Stealing artwork is wrong, contest or not.

I vote for Neobunnys Redbox

BTW: where is the hard work to take the same icons and change only the size or make it without animation??? A contest without hard work makes no sense and especially to stole other peoples designs and their work is NOT cool!
    5 reasons why its legit to play as a girl in MMORPGs:
    1. MMORPG - Mostly Men Only Role Playing Girls
    2. Friendship never depends on the gender - only love do
    3. Acting as someone who isnt real just means to play the game
    4. Girls like girls, men like them, too
    5. Does it really matter? Really? Its just a game!

Ok, mine are those, if i ever make them they would be exactly the same as the ones i posted....
    here's the issue. you never made them.... you said you never made them right there. "if i ever make them they would be exactly the same....."

since you didn't make them, your out.

there are alot of questions in art about creating duplicates and copies of things, alot of artists have done it and become famous. but that was before alot of copywrite laws, and now copywrite laws cover artists and designers asses from people copying their work.

yea, everyone thinks of Andy Warhol when they see a cambels soup can, and yet no-body knows who the original illustrator or designer who designed the can's label... (i don't know who he/she was... some one should wiki or google it...)

Corruption detected in trainer card

if i ever make them they would be exactly the same as the ones i posted....

Some would be different (static, no white pixels, increased size.......) so yeah, some would be different from those sites.

It's pso world decision to chose one or to have an idea to make one, if they chose i don't care, if they don't i don't care also, i'm not here to win, just to present ideas, what you do with them it's up to you, not me.

Edit, some icons have sega credit sice you can take them from the game, so not all are from Otsuno, also some are free to use ones.
    Maybe you didn't read my 1st post, but i never said i was the one who made them, keep that in mind
    Last edited by DC_PLAYER; Sep 3, 2008 at 09:57 AM.

I find it really hard to believe that you would create something EXACTLY the same as another person (and those examples you gave of being "different" don't count). It's almost impossible and I think this contest should be left to people whom actually made something themselves, in order to keep PSOW unique and original.

People like you make artists very disgusted, and contests like these hard to enjoy.

What you say about me is irrelevant, those are ideas, not creations of mine.
    If pso-world decide not to use them then i'm okay with it, i'm not the one building a drama here, coming here saying that these contests are hard to enjoy because of me, you make your entries, i make mine, then pso-world will decide wich ones will be acepted.
    So stick to making the icons and leave the rest to the ppl that know what they are doing.

Quote Originally Posted by thematesV2 View Post
    like you?
    j/k
    Seriously

Anyway, my point is you shouldn't even have entered those stolen designs since this is a contest after all, and Tomeeboy even said they had to be your own design.

If you want to give "ideas" to people then you should type that they are just "ideas" and some things for people to get started. All you did was post a string of them, with no explanation or anything, are we supposed to be mind readers and know that you are just trying to give us ideas? It plainly looks like those were your submissions, you got caught cheating and plagiarizing, and now you're trying to act all cool like it doesn't bother you.

You're pretty arrogant for submitting copied artwork into a contest then playing it off like you did nothing wrong. I guess you have no qualms with stealing other people's ideas and hard work, and that is the part that bothers me most. Have some respect for other people and their creations, I'm sure you'd like the same in return.