Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 310111213

Quote Originally Posted by Miyoko View Post
    Want to know the easiest way to tell if a female avatar is being played by a male?

>.>
    I'm a male and this is the set I hate the most.

(No need to say I won't wear that IRL either. )
    Last edited by Rust; Aug 1, 2008 at 07:44 AM.

That actually cracks me up, because every single true female player I've known in this game (360) (and actually played the game since that outfit came out) has worn that outfit. Fairly often.

My female characters totally refuse to wear that outfit because it would be so out-of-character for them to do it. Completely out of their styles.

Still, to tell the truth, out of pretty much all of the Online RPGs I've ever played; this seems to be the only one that truly gives the player this much variety over their clothes and fashion without the need to hunt hundreds of hours to finally earn a set. (And normally those sets aren't interchangable). The idea that shields are invisible barriers which only show up as a small part of the clothing (color) was kind of ingenious. It basically made the simple and common answer to the question of "You're going to fight, wearing what??!?!?!!" something that makes a little more sense. (Of course, fighting in heels and stuff is still silly, but it helps explain away the other stuff).

Oddly enough, the fact that there are more athletic style shoes to wear in this game is nice. I feel a character really feels natural running around in them.

Anyway, the anime portion helps attract a more diverse crowd, and the customization options also increase the audience size. Like it or not, that ability expands the kinds of stuff you can enjoy to do in the game and thus helps the diversity of the population. Even though we do ask for better customization options, often enough, other online MMOs hardly go anywhere as far as PSU does with it. It's just that those who have *other* games like the SIMS or something have seen some customization options that they'd like here as well. (Or just the fact that it goes so far with them, just a little more can't hurt).

I just like to call it like this. Players love the option to create stuff. It's probably the sole reason why people like Will Wright make sales hand over fist. It's pretty nice that you also have a variety of plain fun fast-action combat as a base. Everybody loves a good hack and slash, or Dungeon Crawler every now and then.
    Last edited by Akaimizu; Aug 1, 2008 at 10:29 AM.

the best team our budget could buy. gryphonvii's Avatar

I went for a male on my beast becasue I love large numbers, and females fo the rest of my slots cuz my beast is a pimp.

i am a chick...and i really only play with friends...but i will sometimes play with randoms...and not talk....because as soon as i do talk the feel of the party becomes COMPLETELY different and everyone like either tries to be "the man" of the group or something like that you know? Thats why i love the guys that i play with on a regular basis because they could give a sh*t weather or not i am a girl...they like me because i am a kick @ss gamer and dont put on the "hey i have IRL bewbies gimme ur rawrzzzzzzzes" bs

anyways to touch on the topic....there are some girls that play....there are way more guys that play a girls...but it doesnt really matter...until they try and pretend that they are like girls or something and they cant talk because they dont have a mic or they are mute and they want special attention because they have girly parts or something....thats just sick ^.=