Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default FFXI is now ILLEGAL in Illinois?

http://kotaku.com/5032004/illinois-l...llation-issues

huh they weren't able to cancel online? Why don't they just use the in-game playonline
    menus to cancel their content ID? or maybe they were trying to cancel during registration
    maintenance, which takes place somewhat inbetween 2 months. I dunno. maybe they
    lose the system or something and tryed to find some other way to cancel it. but I could've
    sworn it could also be cancelled through the net. maybe they deleted FFXI on their PC without
    realizing they can cancel their content ID through POL menus. or the website itself I think
    has that option too but maybe not.

That's just messed up.

Please PM me if you are going to add me or have done so already

A step in the right direction.

Supreme Pantless Commander SpikeOtacon's Avatar

A sensationalist headline if i've ever seen one.

But at least what did actually happen is a good cause. Making the cancellation process on any game easier and more user friendly is something I can get behind.
    Last edited by SpikeOtacon; Aug 1, 2008 at 12:51 PM.

She's a summer love in the spring, fall and winter

I wouldve been pissed, if I couldnt cancel.
    But damn lol.
    Last edited by Adriano; Aug 1, 2008 at 12:58 PM.
    Life's a bitch and then you die.

Quote Originally Posted by SpikeOtacon View Post
    A sensationalist headline if i've ever seen one.

But at least what did actually happen is a good cause. Making the cancellation process on any game easier and more user friendly is something I can get behind.
    I agree with that.. kind of. I lol'd when I read the title.

PSO2: Kylie.HUnewearl.Sh02

Default No one caught this yet?

Ironically, this DOES make the 360 version of PSU illegal in Illinois, since there is currently no way of canceling your Guardian's License online. Someone wanna forward this to SoA? Be good for a laugh.

Think about it, why can you initiate a subscription via Xbox LIVE Dashboard, but you can't cancel it from there aswell? It is shady, they make you call and tell someone "I no longer wish to continue paying", and then you get asked questions and prodded as to WHY you no longer want to play.

"...Because it's fucking BORING and I'd rather spend that $15 on lube."

When I had first signed up to PSU on the 360, I was like oh very cool, I can handle all my online game subscriptions right here at the press of a button. But then when it came to cancelling, nope!

I'm surprised this hasn't been an issue sooner, more people should complain and make this an issue. If you can subscribe via online, there's no reason you should'nt be able to discontinue your subscription in the same, quick and easy manner. I sure as hell don't want stuck on the phone for an hour because I merely want to cancel something that took me less than five minutes to sign up for; just because the people taking the calls get paid to sit on the phone doesn't mean everyone else has that kind of time to spare.
    Look, he did it again.

o_O

What I want to know is this:

How is this law to be enforced?

It can only be enforced inside the state of Illinois, and unless Square's US servers just happen to be there, it's unclear to me that the service falls within their jurisdiction. Even if Square comes up and says, "We do not intend our service for people who live in the state of Illinois," it still fails to prevent a Chicagoan from signing up and actively using the service. It seems to me that the law would have to be Federal to be effectual.

Also, on another interesting note: Canceling your World of Warcraft account is not hard in the least, but it is the only function on your account page that doesn't have a fancy button to click.

Go team ph4il! 02/07/2016

Also, on another interesting note: Canceling your World of Warcraft account is not hard in the least, but it is the only function on your account page that doesn't have a fancy button to click.
    It even tries to deter you from continuing by showing a picture of a crying Peon, haha.

I can't say I blame people for getting mad though. I'd rather cancel something online than on the phone =|