Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

if it's possible I know plenty of you will help chip in and translate the entire game. Hurry up!

Gryffin is gay
    Last edited by Ryna; Aug 2, 2008 at 06:44 AM.

>_<;

Off-topic, TO THE MAX!

Anyhow. Iso to Eboot, D:

Like the Demo was. xD
    PSO2: Daruu / Ship 2
    <3

ok who the hell renamed my thread? that's not cool... It sounds to patriotic, eww.

Quote Originally Posted by Gryffin View Post
    >_<;

Off-topic, TO THE MAX!

Anyhow. Iso to Eboot, D:

Like the Demo was. xD
    umm not quite you see i intend on changing the language, not the format.

This is a great idea, You will make so many people happy. I guess its all well, Since Sega doesn't plan to put this game outside of Japan, correct? If not then I will probably use this patch.
    "Nothing is true. Everything is permitted." ~Assassins

I think its the best of both worlds to translate both story and item menus. I really would like to know what is going on story wise, though I already know the synopsis. As for item translations, I would go for it. I'd like to know the names for the weapons I'm using. So what will you go with first?
    Last edited by Tyreek; Aug 1, 2008 at 11:08 PM.
    Remembering the Universe. Click below!

Have you actually managed to extract the bzip file from the .fpb? or is that what a bzip header looks like?(I'm not very familiar with the bzip format) I only got so far as pulling out the fpbs and viewing them in a hex editor, so all I saw was the filename. Messing with this stuff is not a huge priority for me, mostly I've been trying to find where the software decides how high your PAs can go, so that I can try raising that limit.
    but if you have gotten the bzip pulled out, then I would appreciate it if you could provide your method for doing so, so that I can do it and take a look at it.

As to the translate what issue. From a project standpoint, menus would be the first priority, as that makes the game more accessible, thus providing a larger testing base, quickly followed by stats, and item descriptions, not the amusing parts of them, the parts relevant to use of the item.
    Menus are much easier to pull a 100% complete on that story text, thus making you feel like the project is going somewhere. Die hard fans will want the translation more, thus providing people who will probably pick up where you leave off if you make public your efforts, should you decide to stop working on it.

Personally, I know PSU well enough that the story is the most valuable translation to me. In favor of the story? A 100% story translation will bring you more respect as a translator of games. Also, if you 100% an english story translation patch, I'll give you cake.

#EDIT#

A bit of information share for you, the memory editor in cwcheat pulls alot of references to specific file names, so if you are looking for the filenames of the contents of the bzip, than thats one way to find them, cwcheat also has a disassembler if you like, I don't do enough hacking to be skilled with assembly though, so I haven't messed with it yet. You will need custom firmware to use cwcheat. I think the homepage for it is something like cwcheat.consoleworld.org, but google will find it for you easy if thats not it.
    Last edited by marsprite; Aug 2, 2008 at 01:28 AM.
    Death only means that it's time to continue.

Cursed $10 a month!

Quote Originally Posted by _kenchin_ View Post
    ok so i'm a bit of a programmer and i know a decent amount of japanese, so playing isn't an issue for me but not everyone knows katakana ect... so i was diddling away at my iso and found out that it is possible to extract the data, inside the iso is 2 .fpb type files which contain all the data for the game. But inside those fpb type files is a psu_data.bz2 file which can easily be decompressed with winrar, once this is done we can begin work on a english patch. So thats what i did yeasterday....
    HOLY CRAP WHAT HAVE I MISSED!?!?

wow. seriously, that would be really cool to know what the storys about, considering that Monster Hunter 2 gots tons of patches (never played the game, but i can tell that its really good.) but really, i wish i could be of help, but i don't know a spit of the text in PSP! the only thing i know, is the difference between attack and dexterity!

in PSP the whole translation thing is a bit complex. Compressed Data hidden inside an yet unknown Container. Stuff like this is new to me from Sega. For PSU they used to scramble the filenames but only on the pc version. so it gotta be hard.

@marsprite: if you want to raise that limit you should use that cwcheat tool. It could be hard to figure out which part of the game code limits the PAs due to limitations of the cwcheat tool.

Quote Originally Posted by number313 View Post
    Not everybody can read katakana. Items translation is much more useful IMO. I can just read a summary of what happened in the story.
    Anyone can read katakana using this, but they are lazy or just have nonenglishphobia -.-

Hei _kenchin_, I can't provide help translating from Japanese, neither I have idea of programming or hacking, but if while you are doing this colossal work you think you could add other languages to this hack (or make other versions) I could provide an Spanish translation from the English texts (I'm actually subbing PSU story mode since the game was not released in this language...)