Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Question Why dose everyone hate the PS2 version of PSU?

Well, to tell you the truth, im probaly one of the few people(if not the only) that dosent have a probelm with the ps2 version, i i mean i do get some occiasonal lag but its nothing that makes the game impossible to play and its also pretty minor as well, i assume those people had bad connection when they had the ps2 ver, but yeah why dose everyone hate it?

Loading issues, i was on PS2 version before i got teh PC version.

for me, its mainly the Loading issues it had...
    This is a real problem for Techers and joining mid mission paries takes at least 30 secs for teh mobs to show up and load.

and no...I don't have a bad connection.

►Youu Kayy◄ Stoke, Cheshire, Greater Manchester.

Lots of people have their reasons.. i for one when i use to play on ps2 version hated tech lag.
    and the fact that i had no access to websites like psupedia, psow. but yeah lots of people have their reasons, if you dont have a problem with it then stick with it
    - Happy hunting.

.Tranceº : LV130 / PT20
    Tradelist

Some people blame it for PSU being so last year, which is partly true, but I think it was a good idea for SOJ to put this on PS2 as much as I'd like to see a next-gen PS and shiny, fresh stuff. Personally, I prefer console gaming and play it because that's the only console option on PC / PS2. I don't think it's too bad.

PSO2: Kylie.HUnewearl.Sh02

I play on PS2! Yes, sometimes the lag can be annoying, especially when mobs need to load or your resta doesn't load until 30 seconds in the mission... but like Kylie, even if I could play on PC, I'd stick with PS2. I love console gaming, I just feel more comfortable that way. :] I can chill in my bed and play PSU instead of sitting at my desk.

I do hate those people who take their hate of the PS2 system and transfer it onto the players who happen to be on PS2. Hate the console, not the players on it, please D:

►Youu Kayy◄ Stoke, Cheshire, Greater Manchester.

I play it on PC and im pretty chilled on my bed =P. (big monitor <3)

.Tranceº : LV130 / PT20
    Tradelist

Quote Originally Posted by soubrette View Post
    I play on PS2! Yes, sometimes the lag can be annoying, especially when mobs need to load or your resta doesn't load until 30 seconds in the mission... but like Kylie, even if I could play on PC, I'd stick with PS2.
    And if I'm not mistaken, you played REO as well? That game had like twelve second loading times at nearly every door, so PSU was like heaven to me when I first tried it. I still feel that way as I've never really had a chance to get used to quick loading times. I'll probably wet myself when I get my first PS3 game.

Also, my PC is crap, and sitting at a PC for too long (know I'm here a lot already) makes my back hurt, and I couldn't get a cool set up like RobTrance just described.

PSO2: Kylie.HUnewearl.Sh02

I've never had much problem with the PS2 version either. Like Kylie and soubrette, I really prefer console gaming cause it's more comfortable for me. And ever since I got a router, it's been even better.

In fact, after reading Kylie's and soubrette's statements, I may stick with the PS2 version.
    Phantasy Star Portable 2 characters:

Kinako-Level 76 Female Human Force
    Koji-Level 64 Male Beast Hunter
    Rinia-Level 15 Female CAST Ranger
    Nova-Level 7 Female Newman Hunter

Curiously attractive for a fish man Zorafim's Avatar

It took me ten seconds to load a new weapon. By the time it loaded, I didn't need it anymore and had to switch again.

@Kylie!: Oh, what is REO? :3 Another MMO? If so, I don't think I've played it, since my MMO experience is limited to PSU and PSO. I have a crap PC as well, haha! XD My PC would explode trying to handle PSU, that's for sure! I also don't have space where I am to give myself a really cool setup , like RobTrance here. So for me, it's PS2 or nothing, and I'll gladly take my PS2, faults and all. Even if I had the option to do it on PC, I'd still pick PS2 because of the comfort factor. :3 I totally know how you feel.

And yes, I can't wait for PS3! The load times will be amazing. X'D
    Now I just have to worry about affording one...