Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

nevermind my last post it seems like most peoples issumes with the ps2 are the load times with arent even that long dpending on your connection. but whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by JubeiSaotome View Post
    Needs less crying because someone is saying the system you play is flawed for this game and more intelligent conversation.

I played on PS2 after playing on PC and it was the worst experience with the game. here were my pros & cons;

Pros:
    * No need to buy an extra controller or an adaptor for a controller.
    * Picks up any USB keyboard.
    * Has the correct voices for AotI, unlike PC where a lot are missing.

Cons:
    * Tiny resolution, UI covers most of the screen.
    * Long load time between maps.
    * Initial 5 second load of characters.
    * 5 second load times of weapons. You are unable to change weapon while a weapon is loading.
    * High level techs cause massive slowdown
    * Partying with a full party causes slowdown.

The game was made before the PS3 was out, however it was quickly ported to 360 before release, so why couldn't ST have just moved development to PS3 before it came out? Could have saved us in the long run.
    This sums it up perfectly. I couldn't of said it better myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Koji1m1 View Post
    nevermind my last post it seems like most peoples issumes with the ps2 are the load times with arent even that long dpending on your connection. but whatever.
    Actually, that is something I missed. The game downloads data between maps and screens, when I was capped (Over my download limit and shaped to 56k speed) it would take up to 2 minutes to load things like the mission menu.

Quote Originally Posted by JubeiSaotome View Post

The game was made before the PS3 was out, however it was quickly ported to 360 before release, so why couldn't ST have just moved development to PS3 before it came out? Could have saved us in the long run.
    Money issues. At the time of PSU's release, the PS3 wasn't exactly looking to be very affordable at all; hence it's low market in Japan and for the most part the rest of the world (at that time). Shifting development from the PS2 to the PS3 would be akin to committing financial suicide.

Random Japanese person: "The PlayStation 3 is a nice system, too bad I can't afford it."

It's their fault that we are stuck with reskins.

Quote Originally Posted by Tessu View Post
    and 0 download content. and cheap graphics.
    So long Xbox servers! Hello JP PSU, Infinity, and PSO2!

JP PSU: Samus Aran lvl 180/20 GM

PS2 is still in competition with PS3, take a look at PS2 prices sometime. Making it for PS3 wouldn't be a good idea considering PSU is a niche game anyway and needed all the help it could get getting people to play.

As for this silly hatred of PS2 players because your PC is oh-so-uber....well, not everyone has $1000 to spare on new computer parts, simple as that. Get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tessu View Post
    LOL. The reskin argument must stop. A lot of MMO RPG games have reskinned model to save spaces and reduce CPU bottleneck. It is all about AI behavior, animations. For example, Dilnazen is completely different than Bil de Vear look wise and attack but has similar animations.
    Last edited by Finalzone; Aug 4, 2008 at 01:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by soubrette View Post
    ^ Huh? xD The only part I got from that was the 'Level 50 tech' bit. I do not speak nerd/techie, sadly. (I turn my PC on, and that's where my expertise ends. xD)

I say 'boo' to the PC elitists, who put people down because of a silly thing like what console they play on. If they want those special features, then they should go play a PC only MMO. Don't play a MMO that shares servers with a PS2 if they want that stuff and then complain about it. I guess there are limitations that go along with sharing the servers with PS2, which they will just have to accept. This game was made for PS2, and there's nothing we can do to change it at this moment in time, so complaining really gets us nowhere, you know? n_n;; *happy heathen dance* Also, this rant wasn't necessarily directed at you, but moreso about the more extreme PC bawwers. I lulz'd at the Promised Land bit!

Besides, SoJ said there wouldn't be another expansion anyway, so there's no need to fret. (I think! Unless they have some kind of trick up their sleeve~!)
    Now I dunno about the previous poster, but I am certainly not a PC elitist. The fact still remains is the disk is full. The last time, they got rid of all the episode 1 cutscenes so they can make room for all the delicious AoI content we get today. FFXI, like the other poster stated, had a HARD DRIVE support. You don't need to be techie to know a hard drive is what stores data, and in the case of the Fat PS2's Hard drive, it allows them to store additional data, which is what MMOs expansions need.

There is no doubt in my mind that back when PSU was still in development that they intend to do the exact same thing as FFXI did. Sony did the retarded thing of making sure the slim PS2 doesn't have a HD support and stop selling HDs for the PS2, so Sega had to scrap that idea and they are now suddenly stuck with a system that cannot allow them to make more content on.

People who play MMOs want new content, and all PC MMOs to date always find ways to add new things now and then, be it downloadable content or expansion disks. PSU had unfortunatly got itself into a bad position of needing the PS2 players in Japan to support them finanacially, but due to them cannot add new content without telling the PS2 players "Sorry guys, but theres no room left in the DVD, and thanks to Sony none of you can even get a hard drive anymore. So you're stuck with AoI while the PC and 360 get this awesome expansion!"

Its not the PS2 players that bother me, just the ones who go around telling us we have no right to complain that a out dated console that is screwed by Sony is holding the game back. The fact IS that the PS2 is doing that and it is Sony's fault. And I get annoyed when ignorant players claim that we have no right to complain about lack of new content (missions, weapons, clothes, lobbies) when I am sure they themselves want new content as much as I do, and they don't realise the fact that the PS2 IS holding it back. (But it is not your fault, I just wish you guys understand that our complain is legitimate instead of filing it into the "Stupid complaints that are useless" section.)

The PS2 had the accessories to make it work like a PC, but Sony blew it. Is it the player's fault? Hell no. But don't go around saying we're not allow to complain Sony's stupidity and that we are worried that we may never see new content due to the PS2 version.

There is really only 2 solutions to this. Sony needs to bring back the HD for PS2 (they won't) or the PS2 players will have to upgrade to the PS3 since that has Hard drive support. But one solution is never gonna happen cause Sony is moronic, and the other one is unfair to people who can't afford getting a PS3 yet.

And Sega Japan hasn't announced an expansion yet or planned one, it doesn't mean it won't happen sometime later. At some point they will realise that people want new content or they will just get bored and leave. I seem to recall in a gaming site that Sega wants PSU to last for 5 years. It will not under just one expansion. I bet the PSP game and the lack of another expansion so far is to bide their time and hopefully by the time they announce it, most players can afford getting a PS3. That is really the only way to add more content at this point.

Bottom line. Our complaints are legit, and not everyone is a PC elitist, I run this game on a laptop for god's sake and I still play my PS2 alot. We are mad at Sony's mistake. Not the player's and probably not even Sega.

If you guys still don't understand, then feel free to PM or MSN me so I can explain what a hard drive is and why the game needs it. And frankly, we all know if the PS2 didnt get an awesome variety of games, no one would have cared about it. The games are what make the console worthwhile, even though spec wise, the PS2 has the weakest technology capabiltities when compare to the gamecube and the Xbox. Why do we love the PS2? Cause it has our fav games on it. For me is Kingdom Hearts 2.
    Last edited by Kairi_Li; Aug 4, 2008 at 01:53 AM.

I understand your complaints very much, and my point is not that you shouldn't be frustrated, but that there is really no point in complaining about it because unfortunately, there is nothing that can really be done about it. D: I'm not saying your points are invalid at all, or implying you are a leetist (I would consider a PC leetist someone who takes thier annoyance of the PS2's limitations onto to players, which I have sadly met a lot of. You aren't one!), but at this point, the complaints get annoying because of the fact we can debate as much as we want, but sadly, the situation is what it is and it will not change. Thats why I wish PC users would stop; none of the whining will change the situation.

I think PC users are jumping the gun a bit when they talk about expansions and downloadable content, because clearly, ST can't even give us content that is already on the disk. (Also, no plans for expansion, according to SoJ.) I think they'd be borderline incapable of something that complex! I mean, every MMO has it's pros and cons, and PSU's is the fact that we have everything already on the disk, but there are a lot of factors to this game that make it more enjoyable than a bunch of MMOs. You have to take it as it is. Besides, the lack of new content is not because of the set up of the game and what console it is on and how data is unlocked, but rather the fact ST can't do their job to save their life. It's not the console, so that's where I think you are confused. Lack of updates fall upon ST's (very pathetic) shoulders.

My bottom line? Your complains are very legit, but you are sending your cries for help into a blackhole and wasting your time and energy over being frustrated on something that absolutely cannot be changed at this point in time. My advice would be to sit back and enjoy the game and have fun! :3 There are other things much more important to worry about, and every MMO has it's issues.

Also, don't assume everyone has technie knowledge. xD I certainly don't know anything about computers. I'm a music major, and I don't assume everyone knows what a Plagal Cadence is, even though it's a common thing most musicians would know. Not everyone has the same level of understanding, and I'm no nerd, so you will have to excuse me for not knowing. But a lot of people don't know, so it's not as uncommon as you think. :P