Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Don't like your sub? Call the cops!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080805/...u_Hcm7ZU4uQE4F

I was laughing my ass off when I first read this. Unfortunately, I ran out of laughs and then started thinking about it...

1. This guy probably doesn't understand there are worse emergencies in Florida.
    2. Chances are there is another Subway nearby that he could have gone to.
    3. Assuming #2 is true, I don't think he thought of that.

Ah well, at least he was arrested.

I'm thinking that there had to be something horribly wrong with the guy. It's not clear to me that this sort of reaction emerges from a sane and sober mind. Simply enough, if he wasn't on drugs at the time, then it could be that he stopped taking them.

Go team ph4il! 02/07/2016

This just goes to show that you dont get between a man and his sandwich.

Quote Originally Posted by HUnewearl_Meira View Post
    I'm thinking that there had to be something horribly wrong with the guy. It's not clear to me that this sort of reaction emerges from a sane and sober mind. Simply enough, if he wasn't on drugs at the time, then it could be that he stopped taking them.

Maybe. There are people like that though. These are people with huge egos and believe the world revolves around them. Something doesn't go right or go there way and they can be a little irrational.
    Orange Hand. CZ-75b.

I'd be too if my name were Reginald. Just kidding.

I've seen people overreact at my job for stupid things like our Disgruntled sandwhich lover.

"Can I return this?"

"Do you have a receipt?"

"No..."

"Sorry I need a receipt for a return"

"I'M CALLING MY LAWYER AND SUING YOU!"

".......k"

That's a good day.
    -Uni 11 Vet/Slacker"They told me I could do anything. So I f***ed a god!"

PSN-Nicalrant Xbox Live-Nicalrant Wii code- A jumble of numbers, Ask me

Curiously attractive for a fish man Zorafim's Avatar

This wouldn't of happened in Miami Florida, would it? If so, I really wouldn't of put it past him.

all I have to say is lol

Some people just think that they need to call the cops anytime they have a problem. I hate cops and I have never found any reason to calll them. If my stuff gets stolen and I call them ; what are they going to do. My uncle got robbed and pistol whipped once so he called the cops and told him the apartment where the robbers lived and they did absolutely nothing. Police are only there to put people in jails, write tickets, and protect the upper class.

Quote Originally Posted by Dangerous55 View Post
    Maybe. There are people like that though. These are people with huge egos and believe the world revolves around them. Something doesn't go right or go there way and they can be a little irrational.
    My brother-in-law is regretfully married (everyone else's regrets-- not his) to a woman who commonly engages in horrendous fits of rage. I've been witness to her screaming bitterly at my brother-in-law, because he spent all of $8 on a piece of computer equipment (25-foot ethernet cable)-- a purchase that was necessary at the time, which had her convinced that they wouldn't be able to eat for the rest of the week. When I say that the exchange of $8 made her upset, I don't mean that she calmly expressed her worry to her husband, I mean that she spent a good twenty minutes violently screaming at him in the back room of his apartment, before finally storming out the front door with a vivid proclamation that his parents were never married.

So yes, I'm quite familiar with irrational people. That sort of irrationality does not occur under normal circumstances. My brother-in-law's wife, for example, has genetic deformities, which have altered her mental faculties-- there is a physical problem with her body which has a significant impact on her brain chemistry. When she flips out, it's not because she's a normal person who's had a bad day. She flips out because she has this severe chemical imbalance, which greatly impairs her ability to behave in a rational manner. Even through all of this, she's not adequately irrational to think that the police have any authority to supervise the Sandwich Artist at her local Subway in the construction of her sandwich, let alone use the emergency phone number to alert them to the perception that they mayonnaise has been applied to the meat and lettuce, rather than to the bread, itself.

Operating on the assumption that this Peterson fellow is, in fact, a 42-year-old who has lived in the United States, presumably for most (if not all) of his life, as opposed to being say, a foreign dignitary of some sort who might be accustomed to having military or law enforcement personnel at his side to ascertain that filler and condiments have been applied in proper order and quantity, I can only conclude that something has gone horribly wrong to impair his perception of what is appropriate, and what is not. 42 years is a hell of a long time to go, without discovering that the police are not to be bothered with trivial problems that don't actually concern the law. He could have been on drugs, he could have a chemical imbalance, a head injury, or a diagnosed or undiagnosed mental disorder such as Autism-- I don't know. I can't accept, however, that this is an otherwise normal, functioning person.

Go team ph4il! 02/07/2016

Quote Originally Posted by HUnewearl_Meira View Post
    I agree, but this just puts the face with the palm.
    Last edited by Kylie; Aug 5, 2008 at 05:24 PM.

PSO2: Kylie.HUnewearl.Sh02