Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Bad and/or Lazy Teachers

Since this is what I originally read the "Bad and/or Lazy Techers" diarrhea-fest as and was woefully disappointed due to that thread being nothing more than "BAAAW TECKERS R'NT MAH BUFF SLAYVS", I've decided to make this thread and hope that you all stop giving that other thread the light of day in favor of a far superior thread.

Who's sick to death of teachers who are too bad and/or lazy to teach their students properly? I know I am. :3

I had a few teachers back in highschool who really wouldn't even speak in front of the class, they'd mostly hand out paperwork and that's pretty much it.

More than half the teachers/lecturers I've came across have been fine. Theres only ever been a few that I've had massive problems with. Students are a bigger pain in the rearend than the teachers half the time.
    Last edited by Thalui89; Aug 11, 2008 at 01:43 PM.

Do substitute teachers count? :3

One time, back in high school, we had this sub for chemistry class. She was really young and unprofessional. She handed out worksheets to everyone and said "OK guys, do these work sheets. By the way, where is the remote for the TV?" A student then proceeds to find the remote, and she decides to turn on Maury, the trashy talk show, while we are working. She put one of my classmates by the door on "remote duty", so that if a teacher or someone was going to walk into the classroom, they could turn the TV off quickly.

So yeah, she watched trashy daytime television while we did chemistry worksheets. xD
    I wish I was making this up.

My networking teacher was pretty bad, rather than make us do any work, he just sat there and let the entire class play counter strike all day. Hell, he even joined in a few times XD

Um, our teacher subtely directed us to the website where we could see nude pictures of her.
    wait, this isn't bad...

Quote Originally Posted by Lyrix View Post
    My networking teacher was pretty bad, rather than make us do any work, he just sat there and let the entire class play counter strike all day. Hell, he even joined in a few times XD
    I had a similar teacher for my Desktop Computers course. We started the school year with one teacher who was going to actually teach and have us use an A+ book. A month into the class he gets a job much closer to his home, so we get a new teacher that "teaches" for the rest of the year. What he did was give us a a computer, put out boxes of parts, and told us to get the computer to work and working on the small in-room network. The people who cared in the class had that done within 2 months (finding working parts that fit whatever computer you had was difficult). This being a full year class (50 mins a day Mon-Fri), he told us to find something to do, so one kid brought in Starcraft (the computers were all old, roughly Pentium 2s) and we installed it on every computer that was working (network install) and weplayed that for half the year. A+ for playing Starcraft.

Closest he ever got to teaching was telling about 6 of us to try and use the Mac in the room for 2 classes.

My Current Favorite Poster: KubaraManiac JAFO22000's Avatar
    Texas Chainsaw Mascara, 'cause that's where you're from!

Teachers these days need to learn what irony is.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Nitro Vordex's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RufuSwho View Post
    Um, our teacher subtely directed us to the website where we could see nude pictures of her.
    wait, this isn't bad...
    Gib links. just kiddingp

I've had some bad teachers, and you can really tell when some are doing it because they love teaching and the others who see students as dollar signs.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyrix View Post
    That's not a bad teacher, that's an epic teacher.

My German teacher arrives twenty minutes late every class, even though it's third period (she comes from her house to school for third period, then leaves for lunch, then comes back for fourth and fifth period). She's always pissed off when she gets here, and since I'm never there and still do well, she's always angry at me.

On several occasions I've been ejected from the class for not having sheets that were handed out on a day I missed. She's not there in the morning before classes, she leaves as soon as the lunch bell goes, and she's gone by the time I get to her room after fifth period, so I ask for them during class. She tells me to pick them up on my own time, and then boots me from the room. I missed an entire week of classes because she wouldn't give me my sheets.

One time I photocopied my friend's sheet (before it was completed >_>), did the work, and showed it to her. She ripped it up and kicked me out anyway.
    Last edited by McLaughlin; Aug 12, 2008 at 08:58 PM.
    Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must set yourself on fire.