Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Creepiest teacher ever...the art teacher that "taught" us about subliminal messages. Cited the 1957 Vicary movie-theater experiment as fact. I'd find out what a shitload of fuck that was almost 10 years later thanks to Slashdot and Wikipedia.

Most out-of-tune with the times...the reading teacher who carried on an excruciatingly embarrassing 5-minutes-long conversation about the word "suck" when someone in the class exclaimed, "That sucks!" Her final retort, "It meant something different back in my day," just made you want to crawl in a hole and die. Clue stick: 8th graders know that definition of the word, too.

Most fake humanitarian...Ever had one of those teachers that would make promises in front of the class to help students out that couldn't afford certain extra supplies? Back in 7th grade, my father had been laid off and money was really tight. The English teach wanted us to have a notebook and some other stuff to keep a journal. I noted that unlike years past, my parents didn't get us much in the way of school supplies. So I decided to swallow my pride and take my English teacher up on the offer, but I got directed to the little student-run school supply shops.

Douchebagsayswhat? Those things are about fund-raising, not low prices.

Fuck him then and double-fuck him now. When my grandmother passed away, I found out just how bad those times were. My mother was very upset to find grandma's checkbook. At a time when grandma "didn't have any money," she had entries paying the other siblings' extra-curricular bills. My mother recounted how she was looking over her budget crying back then because "she couldn't afford you guys' shoes."

When my English teacher revealed at the end of the year that his intent for that journal was to show us some kind of change in our perspective, I laughed my ass off. My skipping those journal assignments had just been justified.

How's this for an observation in change in perspective: I used to be a happy little kid without a care in the world and now I'm a bitter middle-aged man because of candle-sniffing cock-whoring fuck-trophies like you. Go climb a wall of dicks, put them in a wheelbarrow, and ride them straight up your own ass. When you're done with that, don't come crying to me about not wanting to do it. Everyone in the real world does things they don't want to do, I just thought you might want to know what it's like. And as far as I'm concerned, you still owe me one notebook. Which you can proceed to do with that what you just got done doing with the mountain of phalli. Next time don't play the humanitarian card if you don't intend to live up to it.
    Last edited by Brainwrecked; Aug 13, 2008 at 05:24 AM.
    I'm Guy, so what?

Let's see. Well, I had a 6th grade teacher who would sometimes obviously show off her peacock-colored feathery thong to the class.

I had a freshman year history teacher who would start off with a lesson, but he was so senile he'd instead go on and on about HIS high school years. That was actually pretty entertaining.

Then there was the Physics teacher who never gave us homework or in-class work. She just read from the book and then we were handed a test. Because a lot of the kids didn't really get the chance to put things into action, most of them failed. I can't really complain because there was no homework, but still. It wasn't her job to not give us homework.

I had to laugh when I saw this topic since it immediatly reminded me of one teacher in particular.

Without going into too much detail, I once had a Maths teacher who always was late to class beacuse he would spend all his time in the facualty office flirting with another teacher who was married to some other dude ( we would always see them walking together, late to thier respective classes ). Once he got to class he would speak to us as if we were vermin and as if it were beneath him to actually teach ( he had got a doctorate in Mathamatics from Oxford Univerity so he was obviously smart, thing is noone would hire him so he begrudgingly became a teacher, I know all this because his younger brother was in my class ). More often then not he would write a few equations on the board, everyone would raise thier hand for help but he would only help the female students while all the male students ( that includes me ) would be stuck there clueless and desperate for help.

Once & forever Protranser Gunslinger-08's Avatar

My only really bad experience with teachers was my chemistry lab professor, who I'll be dealing with again this fall. Mean, old, bitter man who treats his assisants (who are all grad. students) like children, and thoroughly mocks anyone who is even seconds late to the lab, or gets caught making a mistake in the lab. His tests are hard, his pop quizzes cruel, and his bad sense of humor making the experience all the more sour.

I'm not looking forward to retaking the class.

Ship 2 - Gatz

Quote Originally Posted by SubstanceD View Post
    More often then not he would write a few equations on the board, everyone would raise thier hand for help but he would only help the female students while all the male students ( that includes me ) would be stuck there clueless and desperate for help.
    Amusingly enough, my Spanish/French teacher does the same thing. Only, he actually hits on the female students. He's a nice guy, but when he does that it's incredibly creepy.
    Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must set yourself on fire.

Absolutely, positively the MOST unlucky person!!! Raine_Loire's Avatar

My brother had an English teacher that made them write essays 4 days a week but didn't bother to grade them. By the end of the semester, she hadn't read anything he'd written yet, and my mom went in to talk to her, and she said "I really can't be expected to read everything that every kid in my class writes! I don't have enough time to do that!"

Seriously, when my brothers were in MN they actually lost intelligence. Shitty snowbilly school systems!

I had great teachers, but that was so long ago, nothing is the same anymore!