Default Game On: Bionic Commando Rearmed

This week will mark the rebirth of a forgotton spirit. From the days of A Tribe Called Quest, Ronald Reagan, & awesomely overly violent action movies with doods shooting big guns comes a relic that has been forgotton by many. 2D 8-Bit balls to wall action gaming. This relic is, Bionic Commando Rearmed. Some of you may remember this thread. But I felt it was necessary to really explain just how great this package Capcom is offering you will be as well as to give some insight on any who may be curious about this game.

IGN Review: 9.4
    Quote Originally Posted by IGN
    "There is not a person in the world who should go without this[Bionic Commando Rearmed]

Story:
    Some Neo-Nazi-ish doods are starting some some trouble, are you a bad enough dood to kill Hitler and save the jews? Really though, some Neo-Nazi-ish doods are starting some trouble and have taken one of your units fields agents captive, are you a bad enough dood to kill Hitler and save Super Joe? More or less. The original story was a bit lacking being that this is from the 8-Bit era, but Devlopers Grin and Capcom have put 110% effort into revitalizing this game for a new generation. In an effort to promote the new a sequal to this NES classic for PC,360 and PS3 Capcom first needed to show players what this series has been all about and they have gone all out. The story has been reworked from what some of us remember back in our younger years to make it contemporary. Cut in dialogue before boss fights with amazing art work by Shinkiro, one of Capcom’s most talented artists.

Concept Art
    Spoiler!

Gameplay:
    2D side scrolling shooting action with strong platforming elements. In fact when descibing the game to people I usually say call it, a platforming game so hardcore there is no jump button! It true, your character is totally incapable of jumping; so how does he get around you may be asking? This is what really defines the game, his Bionic Arm swinging capabilities. Nathan Rad Spencer is a soilder whos life has been saved and sustained by his Bionic Implants courtesy of the military of course. It may sound a stupid on paper but trust me on this, there is no better feeling then navigating a labarinth of a factory with your Bionic Arm narrowly avoiding the dark precipices below you. Then there are the moments where your free falling for what seems like to be forever only to save your self at the last minute with an extension of you Bionic Arm. Then there are also the top down balls to the wall shooting segments. These segments are in the spirits of such classic games as Ikari Warriors where everyone who isn't you must die and you must survive the hailstorm of bullets unleashed on you.

Extra:
    This isn't just a simple port job of some 8 Bit-NES game. Its a full on reimagining, a rebirth. The graphics have been rehauled, Boss fights redone, enemy AI tweeked, new modes implemented and the music, my god the music. The music itself is so good that the fans have clamoured that it be release for sale and Capcom has kindly obliged. What a minute AC9bizzle, you said something about new modes? Thats right new modes, such as co-op and multiplayer deathmatch type mode for up to 4 players! As well as the challenge rooms. Neither multiplayer nor Co-Op will support online play however these modes are still incredibly structured and enemy AI reacts accordingly much intelligent with multiplayer. Adding a whole new level of depth to approaching certain enemies. Then like I said before there are the challenge rooms. Best way I could descibe this is, think Portals except instead of a Gravity gun, you have a Bionic Arm to accomplish the task and its in 2d. Pure platforming bliss with over 50 challenges. Now heres the real kicker.
    YOU GET ALL THIS FOR A MERE 800 POINTS!
    10 dollars on PSN 15 On Steam and D2D. While some companies charge you 1200 for ports or other XBLA tittles this game with much more content and much more heart comes at a shockling 800 points. Its a steal! Everyone should do themselves this favor and download this game.

So let's go over this.
    • Classic Bionic Commando side-scrolling gameplay, updated with new abilities, weapons and bosses
    • Top-Down Stages – the return of the top-down scrolling gameplay of the original’s “Enemy Encounter” stages, with remixed music from the classic Commando!
    • 2-player co-op mode
    • Total modern visual and audio revamp
    • Challenge Rooms – obstacles courses and swing puzzles that test your skills, with your best times ranked against other users in online leaderboards
    • Multiplayer – up to 4 players can face off in a frantic melee of shooting and swinging!
    • In-game art designed by Shinkiro, one of Capcom’s most talented artists (some of you should remember his work on the Capcom Vs. SNK games.)
    • Cross-game interoperability – complete specific parts of Bionic Commando Rearmed to unlock new content and hints for the Bionic Commando sequel
    • OMG look at all these godamn bullets!

And all this for only 800 points/10 Dollars

Release Dates:
    Xbox Live Arcade
    Worldwide on August 13th
    800 Microsoft Points

PlayStation Network
    Japan – August 13th (¥1,200)
    North America – August 14 (US$9.99)
    Europe – TBC

PC
    Worldwide – August 14 ($14.99)

Screenshots
    Spoiler!

Media
    Spoiler!
    Last edited by AC9breaker; Aug 11, 2008 at 11:57 PM.

"Brotherhood asked for no friendship, only loyalty. They stood back to back as the galaxy burned - always brothers, never friends; traitors together unto the last."

Yeah, like I said in the first thread; its entirely on my radar and I've been waiting for it, eagerly. I was bitching and unable to find a release date months ago, without hearing any word about what happened to it.

The original was so badass, can't wait to sink my teeth into this and see how they re-did and built upon the foundation.(And yes, the music is totally bitchin)
    Look, he did it again.

New kickass trailer and game it out now! GET THIS SHIZ!

http://www.famitsu.com/game/news/1217352_1124.html

"Brotherhood asked for no friendship, only loyalty. They stood back to back as the galaxy burned - always brothers, never friends; traitors together unto the last."