Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Question How is the framerate?

Phantasy Star Portable importers, how is the framerate?

Is it rock-solid or stutter like the PS2 version?

30fps or 60fps?
    Last edited by Frog; Aug 13, 2008 at 01:02 PM.

I can't tell you which one of those it is. It is pretty smooth, most of the time. It also doesn't have that (slowdown for no reason) issue I've seen in the game. You know, the kind in which you move the camera and then it's slower (in a particular spot) yet you really can't see anything more complex in the scene; but if you move, it speeds up again.

I'm sure there might be times when there's a lot going on and there maybe slowdown there; but from what I played, I rarely saw it or to a degree that it was very noticible.

Quote Originally Posted by Akaimizu View Post
    I can't tell you which one of those it is. It is pretty smooth, most of the time. It also doesn't have that (slowdown for no reason) issue I've seen in the game. You know, the kind in which you move the camera and then it's slower (in a particular spot) yet you really can't see anything more complex in the scene; but if you move, it speeds up again.

I'm sure there might be times when there's a lot going on and there maybe slowdown there; but from what I played, I rarely saw it or to a degree that it was very noticible.
    So you are saying it is much smoother than the 360/PS2 versions? They both had slowdown/framedrops.

There is slowdown, but most of the time, it's pretty consistent. It happens in:

Busy levels (eh, I don't see this often)

or

Too much going on (four players trying to kill six enemies all spamming lots and lots of graphical goodness).

The framerate drops pretty badly during big fights.

Anyone using CFW clocking up their CPU? If so, what are you setting it to?

30fps in story mode, 20fps in multi mode, or so it seems to me. I'm fine in story mode unless I have 3 NPCs.
    (Dead server) :: Angra Mainyu : Ahura Mazda : Arbalest : Fischerspooner :: PSUpedia & Forums

Quote Originally Posted by beatrixkiddo View Post
    30fps in story mode, 20fps in multi mode, or so it seems to me. I'm fine in story mode unless I have 3 NPCs.
    There's something weird about multi mode, because even with NO party, the framerate is still noticeably lower compared to multi.

There's times that I'll get better framerate in story with a full party in one area than if I were by myself in multi in the same area.

It's probably related to the WLAN needing to remain active during the whole thing.

Dayton/Fairborn/Troy/Springfield, OH, USA

story mode also has less enemies in the free missions.
    ~360~ MCVelvetJanuary
    ~Skyly~ Beseal 180 AF/FF/WT | True Villain Caseal 170+ AT/GT
    Violent Violet Caseal 180 PT/GM/FM | Mistress Vulcana Newearl 179+ MF

Storymode: 30fps and slowdowns in some areas. Same as in the PC version. Slowdowns arent as bad as in the PS2/Xbox 360 version. The Xbox 360 version is a huge slowdown itself internally running at 25fps while the PC and PS2 versions are 30fps internally

Multi Mode: 20fps + framedrops (framedrops =/= slowdowns) if its busy on screen.

I'm only playing story mode atm. I've noticed frame rate issues at Agata Relics with 3 NPCs, but then again, I was using 3 npcs.