Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Solution to Slowdown?

I know theres another thread and maybe this was mentioned, but i dont feel like reading eveyone elses bullshit. So while you are running and lagging just toggle your camera to the ground (LOOK DOWN). And there it is, the long awaited fix we"ve been looking for. Try it, it really works.

That doesn't fix robot slowdown and isn't practical when fighting. Not much of a solution.
    Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must set yourself on fire.

Thats all we got for now take it or leave it. Its about as practical as turnin the damn box off and on every run. you got somethin better?

Circle jerk?

Avoiding those missions seems to be working pretty well. GBR doesn't affect boss boxes anyway.
    Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must set yourself on fire.

I just got the expansion today, and earlier it was doing fine, now its all frickin sloow, its never been slow like this until now, (all throughout the nonexpansion game was fine, is this an expansion thing? harddrive?)

how long has this been going on?? is this going to be fixed? i'm not paying for a game that I have to restart after every mission

wtf

is this when you only run certain missions? like sacred stream?
    Last edited by Raveno; Aug 29, 2008 at 11:00 PM.

Certain missions are affected more than others.

Quote Originally Posted by STRANG View Post
    Thats all we got for now take it or leave it. Its about as practical as turnin the damn box off and on every run. you got somethin better?
    You just have to exit to the dashboard. Simple as pressing the big green X button (to bring up the blade), press Y (Exit To Dashboard), press Up (to Select Yes), press A (to confirm). Hypervisor unloads all game data from RAM, including the memory PSU had been leaking.
    I'm Guy, so what?

Actually did some test runs myself to confirm the dashboard trick and YES indeed, it works for me. You DO NOT have to reboot your box or do that fancy cache clearing trick to clear the slow down.

Guess what else I found out? I did 4 runs straight thru Sacred Stream, no slow down until the 4th map with the blue robot spawn, Bysha type-Otsu32 so, I'm pretty sure this particular enemy is the actual cause of slow down bug.

Now, there has been only 3 known map variants so far for Sacred Stream on psupedia (there could be more that has not been complied yet, i know, possibly upto 12 total), the one with blue robot spawn I ran thru was pattern A-2, Initial spawn: Armed Servant (Basta) x4 on block 1, those are the ones attacking with spears in lightning element.

It's better to just abort the mission as soon as you spot the blue robot spawning.
    This also throws out the theory that no slow down on the 1st run thru SS off fresh boot always, it's all pure chance for getting the map with blue robot spawn.

There are only 2 blocks in SS and you can solo thru it in no time in low lvled mission, so post your findings if any...

ST might already be aware of this issue & been working on a fix, it's just long over due & not enough ppl submit their complains to push thru the patch sooner. Well, who would really run SS when GBR is over anyways.. :/
    Last edited by HyperShot-X-; Aug 30, 2008 at 02:27 PM.

Nothing new here. Just look at the ground during the missions where slowdown occurs. When you get to a decent stopping point go to the Xbox Dashboard and reload PSU. That should take care of all problems.

When it happens again: rinse and repeat.
    Yitbos!