Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Furches View Post
    Robot slowdown start with a bug from PSU, it is a memory leakage from your 360 that causes you to slowdown and eventually freeze.
    i know that. You said it started from the 360 memory.
    Oh and i never heard of some1 freezing. Anyone that had it freeze on them please post here. :/ I'll need at least 10 people to believe it. And how many missions afterwards you played.
    Peter Griffen
    Robo Zelda
    Agito repca addict.
    http://psupedia.info/User:Chicken

Robot slowdown start with a bug from PSU, it is a memory leakage from your 360 that causes you to slowdown and eventually freeze.
    Memory leaks are not started by the360!!!! Memory leaks are a flaw from programming (Software). Memory leaks by definition is generally when a resource(Memory) is not allowed to be reallocated(Released) and general flaws can occur such as unnoticeable effects to crashing systems.

In the case of the memory leak in PSU the side effect is decreasing performance (Lag) and it continues to decrease in performance(More Lag) until you reset or quit.

i have laged out before, it happens after you get the extreme robot lag, it take about 45 mins after getting it for your 360 to freeze.
    I will never be a memory.

i have laged out before, it happens after you get the extreme robot lag, it take about 45 mins after getting it for your 360 to freeze.
    I myself have played to the point where my system "freezed" and had to be reset.

Quote Originally Posted by neoconn View Post
    Memory leaks are not started by the360!!!! Memory leaks are a flaw from programming (Software). Memory leaks by definition is generally when a resource(Memory) is not allowed to be reallocated(Released) and general flaws can occur such as unnoticeable effects to crashing systems.

In the case of the memory leak in PSU the side effect is decreasing performance (Lag) and it continues to decrease in performance(More Lag) until you reset or quit.
    thank you! That's what I was trying to say. Though I didn't know about the freezing part. Myself usually I'll get robot slowdown and go to my room and go afk and come back to reset.
    Peter Griffen
    Robo Zelda
    Agito repca addict.

its pathetic how they havent even addressed this shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarode View Post

Or, you could avoid the missions. No GBR (or anything good EVER), but then you wouldn't have the lag problems!
    LoL, no, smashing your xbox with a hammer out of frustration is not the solution(don't try this at home, kids) nor is avoiding the whole GBR missions all togather just because you need to do 2 min. dashboard reload every once in a while before you start the GBR tour starting fm Sacred Stream.

Quote Originally Posted by chicken105 View Post
    Yeah looking down only works for mission lag sadly. Not robot lag..
    this seems not entirely true, from my experience if you manage to avoid those few graphical slow down spots with the look down trick on Flowery Pursuit, it dramatically raises chance of not getting hit by slow down bug in Sacred Steam regardless of whatever map spawns even if you don't do dashboard reload prior to.
    It all makes sense now, slow down in Flowery Pursuit does compound the memory leak into triggering the fatal slow down at the last block of Sacred Stream.

Quote Originally Posted by Brainwrecked View Post
    I know a straight run on the GBR always makes me hit severe graphics lag some time in Sacred Stream. A trip to the dashboard prior to running Sacred Stream always allows me to run the mission graphics-lag-free. Flowery Pursuit causes it's own slowdown on a smaller scale that's only noticeable if you peruse the Neudaiz fireworks lobby both before and after running Flowery Pursuit.
    So then, depending on the amount of slow down you notice when you scroll thru your menus after Flowery Pursuit in Neudaz lobby, it's safer to just do dashboard reload then rejoin the party instead of taking chance at Sacred Stream where you won't find out whether slow down bug hits you or not until the last block.

For looking down that's mission lag/slowdown. Not robot slowdown.
    Why would the slowdown on flowery pursuit start the robot slowdown?
    Robot slowdown does occur on different missions. Also there was slowdown on Sacred Stream BEFORE we got flowery pursuit. So I have no idea how you got that theory of flowery pursuit starting slowdown on Sacred Stream.
    Peter Griffen
    Robo Zelda
    Agito repca addict.

For looking down that's mission lag/slowdown. Not robot slowdown.
    no offense but you sound either confused or uninformed or both, the point is that using look down trick effectively on FP very likely might help to avoid robot slow down in SS if you do GBR route fm FP to SS in succession without dashboard reload in between, not that you should use look down trick in SS to remedy robot slow down there.

Why would the slowdown on flowery pursuit start the robot slowdown?
    b/c out of personal experience of running GBR til now(my boost rate: 46%) and all the infos gathered up so far on this issue indicates that 9 out of 10 times you get slow down in SS when you took this GBR route: starting fm Hills of Spores-Dancing Birds-Flowery Pursuit(brings you back to the city)-Sacred Stream-White Beast. But you never get robot slow down in SS if you start GBR route from SS right after reload fm dashboard.

Robot slowdown does occur on different missions. Also there was slowdown on Sacred Stream BEFORE we got flowery pursuit. So I have no idea how you got that theory of flowery pursuit starting slowdown on Sacred Stream.
    Yes, Desert Goliath, Grove of Fanatics, & other missions with robots suffer from the same symptoms if you run them repeatedly, in DG which has been ran by so many ppl extensively and all different spawn patterns mapped out completely, you can actually avoid those maps with robot slow downs. But Sacred Stream slow down just bacame apparent as a part of GBR when you run thru it, so it needs a different approach to deal with.
    Flowery Pursuit is not the only mission with graphic slow down, there are others like Sakura Blast which uses the same back ground graphics as FP might as well have the exact same effect as FP if ran just before SS. FP just happens to be the mission with graphic slow down that accumulates memory leak into robot slow down in SS.
    So, as dumb and unpractical as it may sound, looking down trick seems to work even more than you thought it would once you get used to it, you just won't know until you try it for yourself.
    Last edited by HyperShot-X-; Sep 2, 2008 at 01:05 AM.

Why would the slowdown on flowery pursuit start the robot slowdown? I have no idea how you got that theory of flowery pursuit starting slowdown on Sacred Stream.
    Because it all comes back to memory leaks. Again, run around near the COG in the Neudaiz fireworks lobby (looking away from the COG), then run a full Flowery Pursuit mission, then go back to the COG and repeat step one. The slowdown is tremendously noticeable.

Guess what? Memory leaked. Not enough to affect you inside a non-reskinned lobby or non-robot mission, but obviously something has been lost.

Now run Sacred Stream, which is rife with robots that'll wreak havok on your poor 360's memory. While you might have gotten away with a slowdown-free run if you had done a fresh boot, you now have a head-start on reaching your goal of "too much memory gone to keep frame rates up."

The 360 gives devs 512MB RAM to deal with. PSU can't utilize all 512MB all the time. No game can. This is the reason you might not notice the leakage at first -- the leaked memory just hasn't forced PSU to use a smaller amount of RAM than it wants to yet. But as the leaks pile up, eventually PSU will be crunched. And that's when you notice slowdown.
    I'm Guy, so what?