Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Yeah looking down only works for mission lag sadly. Not robot lag..
    Peter Griffen
    Robo Zelda
    Agito repca addict.
    http://psupedia.info/User:Chicken

To fix, go to dashboard, restart psu. if that doesnt work, shutdown 360, then restart router. there robot lag is gone, if you get it again, just repeat
    I will never be a memory.

why would you restart your router? Game error=/=Internet connectivity
    Peter Griffen
    Robo Zelda
    Agito repca addict.

Quote Originally Posted by HyperShot-X- View Post
    Guess what else I found out? I did 4 runs straight thru Sacred Stream, no slow down until the 4th map with the blue robot spawn, Bysha type-Otsu32 so, I'm pretty sure this particular enemy is the actual cause of slow down bug.

Now, there has been only 3 known map variants so far for Sacred Stream on psupedia (there could be more that has not been complied yet, i know, possibly upto 12 total), the one with blue robot spawn I ran thru was pattern A-2, Initial spawn: Armed Servant (Basta) x4 on block 1, those are the ones attacking with spears in lightning element.
    TL;DR version for the less-technically inclined:

All robots cause it. Sega might not be resetting/clearing variables. Flowery Pursuit causes graphics lag on a slow scale. Sacred Stream causes graphics lag on a much faster scale.

Full version:

I've hit the robot lag in Military Subway, where there are nothing but green robots. This, however, was before Sega started doing something about the slowdown. I didn't say they did anything properly, but they have hit key areas like Military Subway and Ep2 Ch10. I've not had slowdown in MS or E2C10 since, but my point is that probably all robots cause this slowdown and all Sega has really done is put some "magic" code (Garbage collection? A hardware reset? Maybe resetting something in a software routine?) that fixes only a few missions.

BTW, anyone ever notice how the Shop Search function prior to these fixes always remembered your last search even when you had switched characters and would only clear upon exiting the game? When Sega fixed these missions, it turned out that Shop Search no longer remembered your prior search after switching characters. Related? Maybe. Maybe Sega's not resetting something. Maybe they're calling some code that's supposed to reset some things and it's failing, and the developers either never noticed are did not have enough time to debug.

Memory leaks can be small, but accumulate enough and you'll notice them. And that's a problem in this case -- whatever is causing this is doing so in small amount that's not noticeable at first.

I know a straight run on the GBR always makes me hit severe graphics lag some time in Sacred Stream. A trip to the dashboard prior to running Sacred Stream always allows me to run the mission graphics-lag-free. Flowery Pursuit causes it's own slowdown on a smaller scale that's only noticeable if you peruse the Neudaiz fireworks lobby both before and after running Flowery Pursuit. On that note, constantly running Flowery Pursuit produces notably slower frame rates every time, but it's nowhere near the suddenness of the robot slowdown.
    I'm Guy, so what?

simple solutin.....ps2/pc

Or, you could avoid the missions. No GBR (or anything good EVER), but then you wouldn't have the lag problems!

Quote Originally Posted by Zarode View Post

Or, you could avoid the missions. No GBR (or anything good EVER), but then you wouldn't have the lag problems!
    Looks like my first 360, 4 months after buying it when they first came out. Disc reading errors and 3 RoL, love the fact that I had to purchase another one because they didn't have extended warranties for that issue back then.
    Make Em Bleed!!

Character info (trial phase): http://psupedia.info/User:RahXephon

http://digitaldelights.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by chicken105 View Post
    why would you restart your router? Game error=/=Internet connectivity
    I know of some people, that when they get robot lag a certian amount of times they have to restart router or they still lag tremndously. Also robot lag is not just an in game error, robot lag starts with your 360's memory, inorder to fix it you have to reload the game, or in some serious cases restart your router. besides whats such a big problem with restarting you router, your supposed to restart router every now and then any way.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris28 View Post
    simple solutin.....ps2/pc
    Why would you want to down grade?

Quote Originally Posted by Furches View Post
    I know of some people, that when they get robot lag a certian amount of times they have to restart router or they still lag tremndously. Also robot lag is not just an in game error, robot lag starts with your 360's memory, inorder to fix it you have to reload the game, or in some serious cases restart your router. besides whats such a big problem with restarting you router, your supposed to restart router every now and then any way.
    well, your friends or w/e are the 1st case out of idk how many people I played with that had to restart there router because of a game error. It's not your router anyway, slowdown only occurs when scrolling through items/PAs or in mission. Not in lobbies, sending messages or even chatting through the mic.
    Why would it start with your 360's memory? That doesn't even make sense. It's a bug in the game! If it started with your 360 memory then I guess pretty much you get slowdown in any game. Explain why it only happens in PSU?
    Peter Griffen
    Robo Zelda
    Agito repca addict.

Quote Originally Posted by chicken105 View Post
    Why would it start with your 360's memory? That doesn't even make sense. It's a bug in the game! If it started with your 360 memory then I guess pretty much you get slowdown in any game. Explain why it only happens in PSU?
    Robot slowdown start with a bug from PSU, it is a memory leakage from your 360 that causes you to slowdown and eventually freeze.