Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

If you notice the robot slowdown in sacred stream does not occur until the robots stop making noise. What I mean by noise is when they slide around and make beeping sounds. All robots will make noise upon thier death but the slowdown robots make absolutely no other noise at all. Thats also probably the cause of the Memory leak/Thrashing as with each successive kill of these "silent" robots the game gets slower and slower.
    When I killed just a couple and abandoned the mission I was only slightly slower than the paty I then ran with. It didn't degrade any further until I quit. But if you go off and kill all the silent robots (once you encounter the silent robots all the rest will be silent) The dip in performance is rediculous.
    Im really not that dangerous...

Quote Originally Posted by Apone View Post
    If you notice the robot slowdown in sacred stream does not occur until the robots stop making noise. What I mean by noise is when they slide around and make beeping sounds. All robots will make noise upon thier death but the slowdown robots make absolutely no other noise at all. Thats also probably the cause of the Memory leak/Thrashing as with each successive kill of these "silent" robots the game gets slower and slower.
    From what I've observed is that once one robots become silent, they all become silent. That I'm sure of. Whether one particular robot starts it or not, the end result is the same.

Actually, the slowdown does start before the noise stops, but it's very minimal. You'll have to run a particular mission over and over again to grasp when the slowdown is not occurring from the special effects from other party members' PAs or double-skin lag. In SS, I've gone through one group of robots, all making sound, only to turn to go to the next spawn zone to say, "Hey, this is running a little slower than normal." Sure enough, the next big robot gang bang will make noise for one or two defeats, but stop making noise after that. From there, the slippery slowdown slope becomes a greased nigh-vertical drop.
    Last edited by Brainwrecked; Sep 2, 2008 at 11:42 AM.
    I'm Guy, so what?

Robot going silent in SS = sign of slow down bug, now that's an interesting find which one might be able to use to their advantage depending on the situation. I would've never noticed this if you guys didn't point it out since i usually play with the volume down so low, so that I can hear voice chat better on my headset.

Depending on how soon you can spot this into the mission, maybe you could decide whether it's better to just abandon/restart the run or to stay with the party you are in until mission ends but not participate in clearing all those silent robots(or just sit out in lobby during the rest of mission without getting booted out of the party if you can manage to possibly).

If this is not the case whatsoever, then you can always just do the dashboard reload before starting SS run as the last resort which could be more safer and definitive solution to avoid robot slow down bug.

I've been getting 2nd thoughts on this sound effect glitch associated with robot slow down bug,.. it might be possible that the memory overload is caused by faulty coding or conflicts on robot sound effects going thru infinite loops, not due to robot graphic textures or explosion animations. I know there was some reconfigurations and upgrades made on sound effects in general that came with AOtI update.

Could anyone from PS2/PC verion confirm if Xbox PSU is the only version that supports in game Dolby Digital 5.1 surround sound? (if it is, then we could be one step closer to pin pointing the actual cause of robot slow down bug...)