Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Agito Repca?

a comfortable place between dreams and reality

Quote Originally Posted by Furches View Post
    I personally dont think that there will ever be a stronger long sword, unless they decide to release the real version, and even then it still may be weaker than the repca is.
    I seriously doubt that a 12* will be the strongest when weapons will eventually go up to 15*. A 15* Kubara would make a Repca look like child's play.

Maybe but their is a 15 star kubara sword from PSO, sorry if that might be the one you are speaking of, some kind of Elyn sword or something,

Quote Originally Posted by Neith View Post
    Agito Repca is, for the time being at least, the best sword in game if you're prepared to grind it. There are better swords for PP, but not much even comes close to Agito's potential ATP. You could find it at less than Lv100 (level requirement for HIVE S2 missions is only 85), but it'd probably be pretty slow hunting one at that level. It's not really an item you'd hunt to help you get to Lv100, but more an item you'd hunt once you are Lv100 or higher and can handle HIVE S2 a bit easier.

If you're considering hunting one, I'd wait until you're a bit higher level to run HIVE S2, unless you have some friends to help out (on PC/PS2 at least HIVE is very scarsely populated).

As people have said, currently the only way to get one is to have the board drop from any Lv100+ HIVE monster (except Dulk Fakis). In the next event, I believe there are SEED-Magashi who can drop Agito Repca already made at 100-149. However, I have no idea how rare the drop will be from SEED-Magashi, and as a made item it's likely to have low elemental % (or even neutral...).

If you're serious on hunting one, I'd bite the bullet and hunt it in HIVE, not from SEED-Magashi. It'd be terrible to find one from Magashi, only for it to be neutral, or extremely low %. Of course, it depends how rare the drop is from him.

Edit: If you want a powerful sword to help you level up, you have a few other options:
    De Ragan Slayic
    Kan Yu (This is only usable by Male characters though)
    Huge Cutter Personally, I'd go with this, Huge Cutters are cheap to buy, and very easy to find.
    Svaltus sword got that massive PP with pretty comparable ATP towards other sword rares.
    Pretty good looking IMO also.
    [PSO2] Darkante: Cast HU-44/RA-43/FI-42/GU-30
    Astral Storm: Newman F HU-35
    [PSP2:I]
    RB3 - Dark Knight "Ante" : Cast M Lv 200/ JLv Hu50/Ra50/F30/Va46
    RB3 - Crimson Sky: Beast F Lv 174/ JLv Hu34/Ra18/Fo1/Va50
    RB0 - Zone Dynamite: Beast M Lv 76/ JLv Hu0/Ra7/Fo0/Va0

I'm only able to play offline. I may be online someday, but for now...
    I haven't been able to get any S2 missions offline. Are they even possible, or are they another online-only thing?

EDIT: I am not interested in PP. I mostly use the main attack unless I'm training in Rozenom (Then it's necessary). If I do run out of PP, I just use Photon Charge. :P
    I also have the De Ragan Stayer, but even in Rozenom it is sometimes utterly useless (Does 0 damage...)
    Last edited by Reki_III; Sep 1, 2008 at 12:52 AM.
    I almost survived Rozenom City!
    [Lv.89]x1 vs. [Lv.120+]x7 ... yup, its fair.

Hearty Official Member Chuck_Norris's Avatar

Hah, swords are even more useless in offline than online. Go with an Axe, dude.

The axe speed for me is way too slow. By the time I raise my axe up, I'm alreay hit, so I need to start again. This dosen't happen much with swords.

I'm thinking of going online relatively soon to see if it is worth it. I have no friends or family to play with, and it also means using a different character than my current one.
    I almost survived Rozenom City!
    [Lv.89]x1 vs. [Lv.120+]x7 ... yup, its fair.

Quote Originally Posted by amtalx View Post
    I seriously doubt that a 12* will be the strongest when weapons will eventually go up to 15*. A 15* Kubara would make a Repca look like child's play.
    what are you talking about, all kubara melee weapons are trash, besides if your looking for an 15* sword, you have one hell of a long wait, even if they do have a weapon that can beat the repca it will be a long ass time before we get it going on how the updates are going and how far we are behind.
    I will never be a memory.

I still think an Agito Repca, decent grinded will blow away any future sword, unless there's a 13*+ sword that grinds in a similar fashion.

De Ragan Slayer +10: 1094ATP / 491PP
    Agito Repca +10: 1531ATP / 415PP

A +6 Agito is almost as powerful as the +10 De Ragan Slayer, and at +7, it totally kills it.

While I can't say whether there'll be a 13*+ sword that grinds like Agito, I can't see any GRMs coming close (maybe the 15* GRM- if it even exists). I mean, the 12* is still 437ATP behind Agito at +10.

I guess we'll see what Elysion grinds like when the Japanese server gets that.

Also, obviously, good luck to anyone getting an Agito/De Ragan Slayer to +10 >_>

What you have to remember is that GRMs, and most Kubaras are good from the get-go, and you can use them no problem at 0/10. Agito NEEDS grinding to be of any use whatsoever. Really, it's not worth using until +2-3, and not 'good' until 4-5.
    Last edited by Neith; Sep 1, 2008 at 11:32 AM.

HUnewearl power since 2003. NGS Official Creator (SectionSkyly)

Agito Repca also rocks for having a tiny ATP variance.

The only which sucks with Agito Repca is that it needs a lot of grinds to be good, but if you get one above +7, it'll be ages before a better sword is released, if any.

Quote Originally Posted by Hrith View Post
    Agito Repca also rocks for having a tiny ATP variance.

The only which sucks with Agito Repca is that it needs a lot of grinds to be good, but if you get one above +7, it'll be ages before a better sword is released, if any.
    Yeah, since I got mine I noticed the damage doesn't vary much at all. I don't dare try for +7 with mine though, +5 is more than enough for me

HUnewearl power since 2003. NGS Official Creator (SectionSkyly)