hello everyone. this is my first post, nice to meet you all.

as the subject stated, i found that you can change the % on the ??? weapons and spical weapons you find.
    sorry if this has been told before.
    i came across this when doing ult forest runs as a yellowboze humar. a berlt(i forgot how to spell it) drop me a red handgun. i picked it up and check the % on it. it said 10/0/0/10/10(hit) so i said good. i when to the tekker to get it IDed. but when it ID it, it came out to be 0/10/20/0/0. i when huh??? you ripped me off #@#@ grrr. so i didn't belive him and said no and payed him. then i had him ID it again. it came out 0/5/10/10/0 so i said no again. and let him ID it again. it came out to 10/0/5/0/20 i was like wow i can do this all day long and get the % i wanted. but after the 3rd time, it won't change anymore.

hehe sorry for my long story. I didn't know this so i need more info on this subject.
    thanx in advance for your help.

Weapons in the game can be tekked to have 10 more percent, so your Red Handgun could have been tekked to 20/0/0/20/20%.

If the weapon originally had no percents it can't be tekked to have 10% on everything. Just thought I would let you know.

Seriously, this topic has been more or less run into the ground. But since you (referring to CrazySeeD) heinously scrambled the whole thing, I figured I'd be nice and correct you in case you or anyone else who has missed the dozen or so topics was confused.

A tekker can only alter stats that already exist by +/- 10%. Anything with 0% default will always have 0%. For example: 20/0/0/35/0 can be anything between 10/0/0/25/0 and 30/0/0/45/0. Also, a weapon bought from a shop can have up to two stat types and a weapon found on Ragol can have up to three stat types.

Edited for clarification.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VulpesMundi on 2003-01-31 04:51 ]</font>

ahhh. thanx for clearing it up.
    and sorry about the mess on my post.
    but after the 3rd time, the tekker stop changing the
    %'s. do they stop on the 3rd time or i can keep on doing it next time i find a weapon?

On 2003-01-31 05:00, CrazySeeD wrote:
    ahhh. thanx for clearing it up.
    and sorry about the mess on my post.
    but after the 3rd time, the tekker stop changing the
    %'s. do they stop on the 3rd time or i can keep on doing it next time i find a weapon?
    I think the answer you are looking for, if I understand the question, is that you can tek the same weapon indefinitely. However, since it is random, it may tell you that the tekker hasn't changed it a few times in a row. For some items, you have to tek it over and over and over to get what you want.

I regards to another weapon, you can do the same thing. There is no limit to the amount of times an item can be tekked, other than your bank account and patience, as long as you leave it unidentified.

Is that what you were asking?

Uncompromising Voice of the Legitimate

Since I'm relatively new to PSO I'm glad this topic came back up, as I was not aware of such.

Thanks for the clear explanation Vulpes and thanks for asking CrazySeeD.