Default help with joy to key

anyone know how to get it to work for a 360 controler?

its no different than any other controller. first install drivers for the controller, then you can map keys w/ joy2key just fine. there are very good unofficial xbox drivers that let you make the shoulder triggers digital, but i dont have the link w/ me rite now.
    Quit PSO2

Quote Originally Posted by Inazuma View Post
    its no different than any other controller. first install drivers for the controller, then you can map keys w/ joy2key just fine. there are very good unofficial xbox drivers that let you make the shoulder triggers digital, but i dont have the link w/ me rite now.
    Have you actually tried? I have a wireless 360 controller, joy2key is incompatible with it for whatever reason.

If your controller is wireless and you have the wireless receiver:
    Spoiler!

If it's the wired kind (which I have no experience with), look into XBCD360 drivers. I hear that solves the trigger problem.

As for joy2key, you'll have to stick with other controllers. If I ever need to use it for some other game, i have to switch back to my PS2 controller because it just doesn't pick up anything from my 360 controller. Must be one of the drawbacks to having unofficial drivers
    Last edited by Syl; Sep 5, 2008 at 04:59 PM.

http://www.oneswitch.org.uk/2/I/JoyToKey/JoyToKey.htm

it was actualy because i was using vista...idk either just follow the steps on this an i got it to work lol...now i must afk lvl my shiz lol

i use the wired xbox360 controller w/ unofficial drivers w/ both of my computers. joytokey works fine w/ it too. i afk leveled most of my techs that way.
    Quit PSO2

Guess wireless is the answer on that one then lol

I sat for about 2 hours trying to work my wired XBox 360 controller with no luck. I downloaded multiple versions on XBCD drivers and stuff but it seems to hate my version of VISTA.

Chid, 32 or 64 bit?

Quote Originally Posted by Inazuma View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Syl View Post
    Have you actually tried? I have a wireless 360 controller, joy2key is incompatible with it for whatever reason.

If your controller is wireless and you have the wireless receiver:
    Spoiler!

If it's the wired kind (which I have no experience with), look into XBCD360 drivers. I hear that solves the trigger problem.
    The problem of the shoulder triggers not being registered by JoyToKey isn't in fact a problem; JoyToKey does indeed register the shoulder trigger inputs, but you won't notice it by default. This is because the shoulder triggers (LT and RT) aren't your normal analog or digital buttons, but they (LT and RT) trigger the z-axis, and JoyToKey doesn't show the z-axis in its default window layout (see image below).
    http://i.imgur.com/CmZNfWs.jpg

So this is what you need to do in order to see the z-axis inputs in JoyToKey:
    - In the default window (see image above) go to the "Options" tab, then in the first drop-down box (Show/Hide buttons) choose "Show all axes (8 way + POV x 2)" instead of "Stick x 2 + POV x 1"; now go back to the "Joystick 1" tab and you will see this:
    http://i.imgur.com/oPUlIZN.jpg

if you press the Left trigger in the xbox360 controller the "Axis5(>0)" line will be highlighted, and the RT will highlight "Axis5(<0), so finally you can now assign keys to the xbox360 controller triggers.
    Last edited by Huesoman; Sep 30, 2013 at 09:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Huesoman View Post
    The problem of the shoulder triggers not being registered by JoyToKey isn't in fact a problem; JoyToKey does indeed register the shoulder trigger inputs, but you won't notice it by default. This is because the shoulder triggers (LT and RT) aren't your normal analog or digital buttons, but they (LT and RT) trigger the z-axis, and JoyToKey doesn't show the z-axis in its default window layout (see image below).
    http://i.imgur.com/CmZNfWs.jpg

So this is what you need to do in order to see the z-axis inputs in JoyToKey:
    - In the default window (see image above) go to the "Options" tab, then in the first drop-down box (Show/Hide buttons) choose "Show all axes (8 way + POV x 2)" instead of "Stick x 2 + POV x 1"; now go back to the "Joystick 1" tab and you will see this:
    http://i.imgur.com/oPUlIZN.jpg

if you press the Left trigger in the xbox360 controller the "Axis5(>0)" line will be highlighted, and the RT will highlight "Axis5(<0), so finally you can now assign keys to the xbox360 controller triggers.
    Did you notice the date to those posts you replied to?
    Remembering the Universe. Click below!