Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    The Eggy Bastard

Default entertaining thought of getting a PS3...

it would be a whlie before I saved up a good amt of cash for my electric guitar, but after that I have 123 bucks in an account at the gamecrazy up the block that I am looking forward to using towards,potentially,a ps3. i am currently a happy xbox360 owner and an avid enjoyer of most games, regardless of platform. I'm also a bit of a collector. given my recent hiatus from psu, I've been a little bored now that all I have on my plate is school and work.

so, convince me. outside of MGS4, what are the reasons I should,at some point in the near future, acquire a ps3? or should I put the efforts elsewhere?

If you wanna get a PS3, I say go for it. The library of games out at the moment isn't too bad but your gonna have to fork over 500 dollars for one.
    --------------------------------------------------
    Planning to replay PSP2 and prove to myself that the chaining mechanic do not slow down the pace of the combat. =/
    Planning to replay PSU (ep1 and 2) for story and gameplay, PSZ and PSP2 offline mode Only Also I'm keeping my FC for psz up though the Network Mode is closed.

The Eggy Bastard

isnt it 400 now? at lesat thats what Ive been seeing around here. 400 for the 80 gig version. of course involving games and tax and an extra controller you're 100% right in the over 500 figure. thing is, I'm saving up for something else atm Im trying to ask people if there's any convincing reason to get out and do it spontaneously or just bide my time be patient wiat for better games and hope for a price drop,and get my fender strat sooner

One thing to note about PS3s are how they are backwards compatible. Some systems are, others aren't. If this is useful to you, you need to know a lot about each version.

Hearty Official Member Chuck_Norris's Avatar

Home, FF13 (even though that's coming to the 360 too, you may wanna get the PS3 version in case your 360 RRoD's) Ratchet & Clank Future: tools of Destruction (and the expansion pack that costs 15 dollars) Kingdom Hearts 3 (If you can get over the disney part, the game is great. >_>) God of War 3, Heavenly Sword is pretty good, Killzone 3 (Not sure if that's gonna be on the 360 or not) Grand Theft Auto 4. (Even if you don't like the game series, the online mode is rather fun) Devil May Cry 4 (Again, on the 360 also, but the RRoD thing....) Soul Calibur 4 if you like Darth Vader more than Yoda, uhm...Resistance: Fall of Man 1 and 2, the next Sly Cooper game is probably gonna be on the PS3, Uncharted Drake's Fortune, uuhh...That's all I can think of now, but there's more coming.

The Eggy Bastard

thanks for the note on compatability, but I have a ps2 already. I hope this thing lasts me, I love that sleek black box. mucho kudos to sony for the design on that, by far the swankiest.

ff13 I do plan to pick up on the 360,definitely...not cus I want it on 360 over the ps3 but I beleive, from what I have been told,that it will indeed be 360 exclusive. I already have gta4 on the 360,it kicks total ass. currently have it paused while I type this. kh3 I will definitely check out, didn't realize it was coming out. never checked out 1 or 2 but I've always been meaning to try. maybe I'll pick up 2 sometime soon. my 360 already got the red lights so I'm running on a replacement now,so the thing shold be good for a while. not a huge fan of the soul calibur series, but I may check it out. sly cooper sounds interesting to me.

thanks. anybody know of anything in the future that's must-have?

Hearty Official Member Chuck_Norris's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by majan View Post
    ff13 I do plan to pick up on the 360,definitely...not cus I want it on 360 over the ps3 but I beleive, from what I have been told,that it will indeed be 360 exclusive.
    Who told you that? It was first announced to be on the PS3.

Oh, and I think Finaly Fantasy Versus XII is a PS3 exlusive.

Quote Originally Posted by majan View Post
    thanks for the note on compatability, but I have a ps2 already. I hope this thing lasts me, I love that sleek black box. mucho kudos to sony for the design on that, by far the swankiest.
    Ok, so you must have a new (thin) PS2. Those of us with the older bulkier ones may have to worry about Disk Read Errors much more often (mine's been sent in twice).

My understanding is FFvsXIII is currently listed as PS3 only, but have not heard anything confirming it will always be that way.

I've been using mine as primarily a multimedia machine / DVD / Blu-Ray player but then I haven't been playing consoles much at all lately either.

As Blitzkommando reminds us, it's also a Blu-Ray player. And not a bad one at that. That could also be a factor, if you are interested in hi-def movies.
    Besides that, some good games were mentioned here already.
    If you are interested, Here's a comprehensive list of PS3 exclusives, old and new. (Try their link to their source for the same list, with more details).
    And if that wasn't a long enough list for you, I also found this list here. It's in Dutch, though, and not really that interesting.