Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by DreXxiN View Post
    I'll take my 255 Acc needle guys thanks. <3 no 0's
    That would be the same for me,
    plus unless you have a certain setup of clothes/parts, the Barec looks pretty lame. (The bullets too)

I only wanted to get 2/3 SN/G's to +6/x for the PP, I dont care about the attack.
    1500ish PP is surely enough for a shotgun right? :l
    Waiting for Phantasy Star Online 2.~

PP is the only stat that really matters. I stopped using a Desta because I would frequently burn it out. While Photon Charges are cheap, I don't see the point in wasting them when I can use a Barec, only lose a tiny amount of damage for the sake of hundreds more PP.

ATA doesn't matter on Shotguns either (or anything, for that matter >_>)

HUnewearl power since 2003. NGS Official Creator (SectionSkyly)

Quote Originally Posted by Shadwitz View Post
    As for bullet size, more often than not, most shotgun users that I've seen in action tend to point blank, rendering bullet size... rather moot.
    This makes me wonder if you really use shotguns.
    The size of the bullet matters in ANY situation, especially point blank.

Bullet size is the most important aspect of shotguns, more than PP, ATP or ATA.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleina View Post
    Shotgun variance is the biggest joke known to man.
    Even if a Spread Needle G had 15% atp variance that is only a whopping 35atp lol...
    Not when comparing it to Shigga Pakudec, then.
    People saying SN/G is better because it deals 10 more damage than Shigga Baret is a good argument, but people saying Shigga Pakudec is better because it deals 10 more damage than SN/G are nubs. Gotta love double standards.

Quote Originally Posted by Hrith View Post
    This makes me wonder if you really use shotguns.
    The size of the bullet matters in ANY situation, especially point blank.

Bullet size is the most important aspect of shotguns, more than PP, ATP or ATA.
    I do, and my level 40 bullets are insulted. What game do you play that you can hit multiple monsters when you're at point blank?

If you like the size of bullet, Go to Shigga Pakuda
    but if you like the best what majority people say then, go to Shigga Pakudac.

"ARIKAー戦隊, 参上!!" (click it!)
    Arika     @US server | Arika-chan @JP server

The Singing RAcast~! R2D6battlebot's Avatar

For the OP, the answer to question 2 really doesn't make any difference in this game at all, it's way too 'easy-mode' to really give two shits about a few points of damage.

HOWEVER, it definitely seems like the answer to question #1 is - No, Spread 10/10 seems like the rarest for a long, LONG time.
    Recently gone back to PSO.
    Currently hunting -- God/Ability x3, MILLA, Luck Materials.

a comfortable place between dreams and reality

I do, and my level 40 bullets are insulted. What game do you play that you can hit multiple monsters when you're at point blank?
    That is was gives Shotguns a lot of their power. Shotgun bullets do splash damage, albeit a very small splash.

Also, I have doubts about the size of the bullet meaning anything. Did ST really incorporate different collision models for each rare shotgun? I'm willing to accept this, but I'm going to need more than anecdotal evidence. I can tell you my SNG hits like Jabroga, but that doesn't make it true.

I seem to be playing PSU im not sure what uve been playing lately but ive noticed when im point blank on small monsters u can hit multiple enemies with large shots, as opposed to one enemy with small shots.
    We are well aware that the community is fed up with continuing problems and the lack of adequate explanations, but we still do not have an answer for you. -Chillaura
    We do not have any solid updates scheduled. -Chillaura
    ST at it's finest.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoTeppin View Post
    I seem to be playing PSU im not sure what uve been playing lately but ive noticed when im point blank on small monsters u can hit multiple enemies with large shots, as opposed to one enemy with small shots.
    No :O
    #1 International MAG+ TA Champion in PSU. Co-Founder of Royalz

Weapon Att only makes for an ever decreasing % of your total damage, and in the case of Shotguns, the second weakest weapon on Att stat in the game, the influence of the weapon Att is minimal and its diminishing returns start to show earlier.

Why?

Given a common Fortegunner (ok we could take Protranser, there is'nt a big difference either) profile, like 140/20 Male Cast Fortegunner, we get a base ATP of 1544, 1689 with the SPS, but let's also forget about that to emphasize the importance of the base and don't sound contradictory, as the SPS or Cati Power adds an ATP similar of that of a Shotgun Att, which could derive in a "then power units mean nothing too", which is a different debate since the power unit affects your base and thus every one of your weapons. Back on topic, Shotgun Att on the most common user, 140/20 M C fG.

Now let's take two shotguns, and a very different pair, and also let's give the Spread even more advantage ignoring the damage variance & bullet size issues:
    -An almighty, so dreamed, "I masturbate looking at numbers on a little grey card in my inventory screen": Spread Needle/G 10/10 'Att. 235 (1779)' on the mentioned gunner.
    -A cheap, badassly elegant, everydoghasapair, "omgz yu r such a n00b uzin that shit": Shigga Desta 5/X 'Att. 128(1672)'

So 1779 - 1672 = 107 ...wow!, no, wait, 107 on 1544, a 6,9% of your total ATP, just WOW!! Now apply the damage formula and be amazed of your white numbers difference on the field.

I don't know you, but I do imagine better things to do with the hundreds of millions that toy costs, than improving my Shotgun damage by an ever shrinking 6,9%, as the higher we go on the level cap, the higher the base ATP, the less the weapon Att affects your performance. And remember, this was calculated without a power unit, so no need to wait for a new lvl cap, equipping your unit is already decreasing that percent right now.

END.
    Those who will not follow are doomed to lead.

Dakkon Blackblade, Beast Male (Level 150), FF 20 - PC/PS2, Online
    Tor Wauki, Cast Male (Level 150), FG 20 - PC/PS2, Online
    Marhault, Human Male (Level 150), MF 20/FT 20/AT 20 - PC/PS2, Online
    Frankie Peanuts, Cast Male (Level 150), GT 20/FI 20/AF 20 - PC/PS2, Online