Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Default October 1st Famitsu Scans

Phantasy Star Zero got two pages in the latest Famitsu. Has a look at those two story characters plus all the default looks for the different classes.

http://gonintendo.com/?p=57893

Also that one screen in the lower left seems to be a look at character customization. It's the HUmar without his goggles and different colored clothes.

[edit] Good scans.
    http://i35.tinypic.com/ig90g9.jpg
    http://i38.tinypic.com/rii7pf.jpg
    Last edited by Evila; Oct 5, 2008 at 12:57 AM.

I woke up and found myself in this place. SERIOUSLY, WHERE THE HELL AM I?!

Nice, but I hope there'll be someone to upload some decent scans soon. Pictures made with a digital cam aren't good enough.

Story character names revealed.

Red-haired newman chicky is Salisa, described as "a young girl from a forgotten race." (Dun dun dun... newmans... forgotten?) Human dude with massive sword is Kai; he is called a veteran Hunter.

Photon arts confirmed to return. (That explains individual PP gauges as opposed to TP.) Also, one new technique revealed: Alresta. It seems that Resta will heal only the caster, while Alresta will heal in a radius around the caster.

Now don't quote me on this just yet. I'll need a better scan to confirm it, but it looks like in the newman info section, it says they were born on the moon. ... ... >_> The picture gets kind of blurry around this part, so that might be partially off. But, I do see 月で生まれ (the next kanji is too small and blurry to read), which translates as "born on the moon." So uh... yeah.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that the BGM will be like PSO where it changes with enemy encounters.
    Last edited by EspioKaos; Oct 1, 2008 at 09:14 AM.

I woke up and found myself in this place. SERIOUSLY, WHERE THE HELL AM I?!

Yay, changing music! And I'm kinda glad that Photon Arts are in this. Oh, and Espio, will you link the scans if you find some better ones?

Heavy Battle Virtuaroid VR-Raiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EspioKaos View Post
    EDIT: Forgot to mention that the BGM will be like PSO where it changes with enemy encounters.
    FUCK YES!

>.>

i've been missing that.

looks like Forces can wack stuff with their wands/rods again ^_^
    Last edited by VR-Raiden; Oct 1, 2008 at 11:08 AM.

The article has a little section on the story. It's tough to make out some of the details due to the blurriness of the image, but here's what I can see.

A massive war destroys civilization; 200 years pass and humans begin to rebuild Earth. They rebuild their cities, but in the process make new enemies. A group collectively known as "Hunters" band together to fight against said enemy using weapons based on photon energy discovered from the ancient civilization.

October 1, 2008 - Phantasy Star Zero is set to make Christmas very merry for Japanese DS owners (the game arrives in Japan on Christmas day!). To find out just how jolly everyone's going to be, we checked the latest issue of Famitsu, which offers a new update on the game.

While the magazine has already covered the basics, most notably the visual chat system, the new issue shares first details on the game's storyline. PS0 is set on the planet "Earth" 200 years after a great war destroyed all civilization. Only the race of humans remains. As they build cities and attempt to revive their past, however, enemies attack from all around.

To defeat these enemies, humans make use of ancient weapons that they've unearthed. These weapons run on an energy called "Photon" and are wielded by Hunters.

While the storyline has humans being the last remaining race, you'll actually have access to three races: human, numan, and caster. Combined with the various jobs and male/female varients, and you'll find at least fourteen unique types that you can select from when creating your character.

Also mentioned in the story is the term "Photon." This energy form plays a direct role in the game. Players make use of "Photon Points" to perform charge attacks with their weapons and techniques (magic). In the case of weapons, using your photon points results in the weapon performing a special attack known as Photon Arts. With techniques, photon points can expand upon magic, turning, for instance, a solo heal spell into a group heal spell.

Outside of the photon point techniques, the magazine also reveals a new evasion move. Pressing the evade button on the action palette sends your character dashing in the direction that you're pressing at the time on the d-pad, allowing you to avoid attack and get behind your enemy for some easy damage.

Phantasy Star 0 will be playable in Sega's booth at the upcoming TGS, offering players a chance to face off against a giant dragon. We'll be sure and let you know how this particular series translates over to the touch screen.
    Yay! Photon arts return!

Found some good scans, thanks to some anon guy on 2channel. Also as usual, thanks for the translations Espio!

http://i35.tinypic.com/ig90g9.jpg
    http://i38.tinypic.com/rii7pf.jpg

Heavy Battle Virtuaroid VR-Raiden's Avatar

ummm as for those attack icons at the upper right of the first page...

Do we get no heavy attacks again? I only see two attack-like symbols, and now we know PAs are back. That would make me sad :P

This is where it's at. :3