Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

I was worried RAcaseal was gonna be left out, actually, glad to see they won't be.

Also, I do hope heavy attacks are included, photon arts are nice, but I'd like the normal attacks to be worth using too.

lol, Racaseal....I like hunewearls. But i'm definately liking how the Hunewms look.

Heavy Battle Virtuaroid VR-Raiden's Avatar

Well if there are indeed no heavy attacks, who was it that said PS0 would play more like PSO?

cause I'm gonna slap 'em

Quote Originally Posted by VR-Raiden View Post
    Well if there are indeed no heavy attacks, who was it that said PS0 would play more like PSO?

cause I'm gonna slap 'em
    Well the creators said so hehe.

I was semi excited and semi upset to hear Photon Arts would be back. It's like they're cool, but not.

With any luck they'll realize that photon arts should be used in conjunction with standard attacks, not instead of them.

Also, I am really not liking the new force designs. :/

Awesome. Thanks for the clear scans!

Now for some new stuff and clarifications. Let's start with photon arts. It says that when you use PP, you can pull off special "charge attacks" with weapons and techniques. These special skills are simply called "photon arts." In the case of weapons, charge attacks vary depending on the weapon. Sabers will allow you to perform an X slash at enemies while machineguns will have your character dancing around, wildly shooting at enemies. Techniques work in a similar manner. The example given is that the normal form of Resta will heal only yourself, but the "charged" version, Alresta, will heal in a large radius.

Evading has been added to your action palette. (It's the button in the middle that has an arrow arcing over a white dot.) Press this while holding the D-pad in the direction you want to move to. Just make sure you don't roll into another enemy!

Humans are the one race that survived the great war. They rebuilt their cities and began anew. Humans are the most populous and well-rounded race. They are recommended for beginning players.

During the great war, CASTs lay across the land, all deactivated. Then one day, they suddenly woke up with no recollection of past ways. They are the only race that can set traps and are recommended for intermediate players.

Newmans were born and raised on the moon, and are a good race that had long been forgotten. Though they exhibit low HP and defense, they excel at technique usage. Newmans are recommended for advanced players.

We have a new enemy name: Grinble. Also, it seems PSO's enemy classification system is back, as this creature is labeled as native.

Heavy Battle Virtuaroid VR-Raiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gemel View Post
    Well the creators said so hehe.

I was semi excited and semi upset to hear Photon Arts would be back. It's like they're cool, but not.
    Heh, then I'm going to slap the creators, i guess XD

That's how I felt about learning PAs were back too...they're pretty but I think there's many problems with them. Such as making normal attacks almost completely useless.

call me crazy but after leveling PAs for HOURS...they got pretty old. Heavy attacks on the other hand weren't able to level, so there was no reason to spam them all day.

I woke up and found myself in this place. SERIOUSLY, WHERE THE HELL AM I?!

Quote Originally Posted by EspioKaos View Post
    Awesome. Thanks for the clear scans!

Now for some new stuff and clarifications. Let's start with photon arts. It says that when you use PP, you can pull off special "charge attacks" with weapons and techniques. These special skills are simply called "photon arts." In the case of weapons, charge attacks vary depending on the weapon. Sabers will allow you to perform an X slash at enemies while machineguns will have your character dancing around, wildly shooting at enemies. Techniques work in a similar manner. The example given is that the normal form of Resta will heal only yourself, but the "charged" version, Alresta, will heal in a large radius.

Evading has been added to your action palette. (It's the button in the middle that has an arrow arcing over a white dot.) Press this while holding the D-pad in the direction you want to move to. Just make sure you don't roll into another enemy!

Humans are the one race that survived the great war. They rebuilt their cities and began anew. Humans are the most populous and well-rounded race. They are recommended for beginning players.

During the great war, CASTs lay across the land, all deactivated. Then one day, they suddenly woke up with no recollection of past ways. They are the only race that can set traps and are recommended for intermediate players.

Newmans were born and raised on the moon, and are a good race that had long been forgotten. Though they exhibit low HP and defense, they excel at technique usage. Newmans are recommended for advanced players.

We have a new enemy name: Grinble. Also, it seems PSO's enemy classification system is back, as this creature is labeled as native.
    Well, this helps! Sounds all great to me. Thanks Espio!
    Last edited by Aumi; Oct 2, 2008 at 09:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by EspioKaos View Post

Techniques work in a similar manner. The example given is that the normal form of Resta will heal only yourself, but the "charged" version, Alresta, will heal in a large radius.
    Wait, this confuses me. It implies one of many things:

1. If resta is the normal version, and alresta the charged version, then does that mean that once again techs and skills are linked to weapons? But then that would mean (at least from the videos) that canes and rods can attack and heal.

2. If that is the case, then can you only link one tech/skill to a weapon?

3. If not the case, how are we choosing the techs and skills we pull off?

Quote Originally Posted by Niered View Post
    Wait, this confuses me. It implies one of many things:

1. If resta is the normal version, and alresta the charged version, then does that mean that once again techs and skills are linked to weapons? But then that would mean (at least from the videos) that canes and rods can attack and heal.

2. If that is the case, then can you only link one tech/skill to a weapon?

3. If not the case, how are we choosing the techs and skills we pull off?
    I wish I knew, but the article isn't too clear on that. It implies that photon arts are for striking and ranged weapons only while techniques are completely separate; both of these are classified as "charge attacks." And since the normal and heavy attacks don't seem to use PP (no mention is made of PP consumption, at least), I'm thinking that you'll have to add a special attack icon (maybe like PSO's special attack) to your palette to use a weapon's charge attack, which would deplete your PP. Hopefully this will be cleared up in one of SonicTeam's site updates.

Oh, and did anyone else notice that telepipes are back? (Check the action palette in the upper right corner of the first page of the new article.)