Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Wii HD vs PS4 vs Xbox 720

3 new consoles are expected to come out in 2010-2011

Wii HD --> keep gameplay of Wii but with much better graphics

PS4 --> keep graphic of ps3 but copy(?) wii gameplay

Xbox 720 --> no rumors yet

What do you guys think about them? Personally I think we will have 3 copy cat consoles :/ some catch up with pure power (wii), some will catch up with gameplay (ps4 ,xbox720).
    Last edited by Kadajenova; Oct 3, 2008 at 11:36 AM.
    I'm BI, so what ?

If new consoles come out THAT soon I'm going to set my current ones on fire and throw them through the windows of their respective publishers.

People don't want to keep buying new consoles every few years for extremely minor graphical/gameplay updates. And if this is true then I'm going to be quite pissed off at the gaming industry for pulling that kind of crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Aisha379 View Post
    If new consoles come out THAT soon I'm going to set my current ones on fire and throw them through the windows of their respective publishers.

People don't want to keep buying new consoles every few years for extremely minor graphical/gameplay updates. And if this is true then I'm going to be quite pissed off at the gaming industry for pulling that kind of crap.
    Well its not too soon like you said : N64 (1996), gamecube (2001), wii (2006)
    New console every 5 year, so 2011 is a possible year.
    I'm BI, so what ?

But Sony was yapping a ton about a 10 year life span for the PS3.

I think if they barely cut that in half, a lot of people are going to be pissed. I mean, its more expensive than a 360 and has very few exclusives as is - people put money into a PS3 because of their promises for the future, if they go back on that I think the PS4 will do even worse in sales =S

a comfortable place between dreams and reality

Why are you getting mad now? Generation cycles have been 5-6 years since the NES.

Anyway, I'm not done with this generation yet, and until I see something up and running in my house I don't really care. What happened to that sick PS3 with dual-HDMI output and 4 LAN ports? Yea, that sh*t didn't happen.

EDIT: Starting the next generation doesn't mean abandoning the old one. Sony continued to make PS1 games for about 10 years, but the PS2 still came out roughly 5 years after PS1's release. The same is happening with the PS3. Hell, the PS2 probably still makes more money for Sony than the PS3 does.
    Last edited by amtalx; Oct 3, 2008 at 11:19 AM.

Why are you getting mad now? Generation cycles have been 5-6 years since the NES.
    Because this is the only cycle where I was old enough to have to buy them all myself =X

a comfortable place between dreams and reality

Quote Originally Posted by Aisha379 View Post
    Because this is the only cycle where I was old enough to have to buy them all myself =X
    Yea, now I see why my parents thought I was crazy when I wanted a new system.

Kitty the Tigergirl Aisha_Clan-Clan's Avatar

Xbox Squared is going to be a circle shape.
    =~.^=

Well aisha, dont you want to see and play 10+ new consoles generation before you die? Consoles follow the moore law too since they have processors, GPU ect...
    I'm BI, so what ?

Heck, I'll stick with this console generation until I die if they keep continuously making good games for them.

(Or until we get Star Trek-like Holodecks...)