Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

We will see if file sizes come into play when expansions start coming out if they can include ep1 data or have to leave it out.
    If anyone needs help on PC hardware, building a computer, parts/pricing recommendation for PSO-2 please go to this thread:
    http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=189487

Quote Originally Posted by Nuclearranger View Post
    We will see if file sizes come into play when expansions start coming out if they can include ep1 data or have to leave it out.
    I dont get all of this conjecture about "expansions" and "patches". It makes as much sense to me as the fear of an online fee.

Since when in the great history of gaming has a handheld had either patches or expansions? Sequels yes, but expansions? No.

Now Im not saying that thats not a possibility in the future, but you guys act like its a possibility for this game, right now. Yes, maybe the TECHNOLOGY is there, that doesnt mean that anyone cares to add those jewels to the already bound-to-sell-well crown of PSZ.

As I have stated earlier, if we got any sort of "expansion" it would be in the form of a "Version 2". A game you would have to buy at full price (just like PSO V.2) that would simply have the bonus content.
    Illustrator! Pixel Artist!:

Monster Hunter portable and and Phantasy star portable both have patches and downloadable quests. I agree that it is not very likely for PS0, but those are 2 handheld games that do have those features.

Trouble is, the PSP has memory sticks to accommodate those things and the DS doesn't. The DSi will, but do SEGA want to do it at the cost of alienating all DS/DS Lite owners?

There's not much use speculating about it now though, at least not until we have some more details on the game.
    Phantasy Star Zero; bringing my favourite game to my favourite console.

Hidden power with Emerald Star DraginHikari's Avatar

Somehow I don't see this game getting patches more then just memory issues because I just don't see this being a fully all out online game like PSO or PSU. We really don't know how extenstive the online feature is other then the fact that you can play in areas... I haven't seen anything regarding it being anything more then this... I may not be accurate in this though.

If what I believe is the case even if the DS could store data I don't think they would do it because other then possible glitches there really is no point to rebalancing or altering the overall game because in reality if it is a limited online mode any unbalance will probably not effect the gameplay enough to encourage ST to do anything with it.

Either way from what I understand isn't Phantasy Star Portable only a locale area multi-player mode anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by DraginHikari View Post
    Either way from what I understand isn't Phantasy Star Portable only a locale area multi-player mode anyway?
    Yeah but they're making it online by doing something, sorry I don't know much of the details but you can if you check this out.

http://pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=152369

Quote Originally Posted by Saphion View Post
    The DSi will, but do SEGA want to do it at the cost of alienating all DS/DS Lite owners?
    I don't think you'll have to worry about that. Sega's been pretty complacent with alienating fans as of late.

ProTip: To damage your credibility, simply call any of the Phantasy Star games "massively-multiplayer."

Hidden power with Emerald Star DraginHikari's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gemel View Post
    Yeah but they're making it online by doing something, sorry I don't know much of the details but you can if you check this out.

http://pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=152369
    Unforutnely that arrangement is rather difficult at best becasue the only way it's possible is for a person to own both a PSP and a PS3. Not exactly a wide-solution at least not by the standard of people I know XD

Quote Originally Posted by Saphion View Post
    Trouble is, the PSP has memory sticks to accommodate those things and the DS doesn't. The DSi will, but do SEGA want to do it at the cost of alienating all DS/DS Lite owners?

There's not much use speculating about it now though, at least not until we have some more details on the game.
    Optimistically speaking there may be some chance that our GBA slots may be used for memory expansion, like a GBA SD slot, or a Sega made Flash memory expansion using the GBA slot.

I know, It's quite far fetched, but it seems feasible in theory.

EDIT: Come to think of it, by the time Phantasy star zero is out, in its first 6 months to a year the DSi could have expansions, downloadable weapon packs, etc....as DSi exclusives purely for sales incentive.
    Though that level of alienation from the other DS model users would be cruel.
    Last edited by :Floda:; Oct 20, 2008 at 07:37 PM.

Depth no, size maybe.