Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast

we didnt have updates for a month or so due to problems that they told us about. mainly being the MAG 2 delay. (which they immediately followed with a new event..) its not like sega just said "no, we dont wanna give you updates" they told us why updates got delayed, after the delay, we got updates again.

before that delay, we had been getting updates, not really on a weekly or biweekly update, but we did get updates.
    (before all that, i dont remember them telling us we'd get biweekly updates, complaining about something we aren't told we'll get is just crazy)

If the second expansion/Huge Update to PSU includes some of the DS game , Ps:Zero's features (like evade moves), classic PSO wepons like the Lavis series,
    all-new solid-state weapons, improved visuals, and all new Cloths, new Parts, and
    PSO-style unique quests; free-use of vehicles in specific missions *prays this is included.*
    If it has all this, then I will "shyte bricks." Might just be wishful thinking.. I'll have to wait and see what they come up with.

*Please* surprise me with something really cool Sonic Team..please?
    I wish every PSO-World member playing PSO2 would have this outlook/attitude:
    "I'll be honest: I'm a man of simple pleasures, and as long as I get to stab the blazes out of something, I'm pretty content."
    Tactlessness is ugly, willfull ignorance and bigotry is even uglier

Oh wow, interesting. I never thought about what would be in store for PSU's future... Hopefully they go all out with this. Will be looking forward to details.

Quote Originally Posted by Pika View Post
    what bad service? the servers are clean and safe, we get regular updates (even tho we doint get 20 thousand new things every week
    *looks at last night's update*

Yeah, great service The service for the US/EU server (hell, even the JP players to an extent, with the 360) has been pretty awful. We started a couple of months behind JP (which is fine, I expect that), now we're what, over half a year behind?

Just look at the population figures- people wouldn't be leaving as much if things were done right.

HUnewearl power since 2003. NGS Official Creator (SectionSkyly)

New...expansion...?! *takes a moment to get over the surprise* YES!
    Phantasy Star Portable 2 characters:

Kinako-Level 76 Female Human Force
    Koji-Level 64 Male Beast Hunter
    Rinia-Level 15 Female CAST Ranger
    Nova-Level 7 Female Newman Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by Neith View Post
    *looks at last night's update*

Yeah, great service The service for the US/EU server (hell, even the JP players to an extent, with the 360) has been pretty awful. We started a couple of months behind JP (which is fine, I expect that), now we're what, over half a year behind?

Just look at the population figures- people wouldn't be leaving as much if things were done right.
    again...we cant expect every update to be huge, we had a good update 2 weeks ago? and as i said, the they explained why we ended up further behind then before, due to the delay this past summer.
    people leave the game for new games. the problem now is theres tons of online games to play, so its hard to find people who stay on one game for years at a time.(WoW seems to be the exception here...)
    some may claim other MMO's prove this wrong...but i disagree...and also point out PSU isn't a true MMO.

Whatever this expansion/update turns out to be, it won't change anything for the NA/EU servers imo. The population base of the PS2/PC and the Xbox 360 servers has dimished so much that no promise of new content or an expansion will rekindle it.

I stopped playing just before MAG2 started, and i have no desire to go back to the game yet. There have been what? TWO noticable updates in the time that I have been away. The 360 servers are still plauged with awful slowdown and inflation due to SoA's awful handling of the Grinder Glitchers.

It's not SoA's fault that the population is so small and forever dropping it's because SoJ simply don't care about the Western servers enough to actively persue a way to boost it's numbers. Phantasy Star Zero looks like the only good thing coming from them in the near future, I doubt that this will be enough to bring me back to PSU even if it is an expansion.
    Get busy living or get busy dying.

Sylpheed - Beast Acrofigher 130/20
    Crimson - CAST Fortegunner 130/20

So Pika its only because of MAG we are 7-8 months behind instead of the 2.5-3 months behind we should be at?

Nice! I can't wait! Even if it was a remake of episodes 1 and 2 with all the VR missions and such that would be kick ass! Remember how great episode 2 was and how linear the whole game was?! I'd plop down $30 just for a remake of that. I'm not going to sit here and shit on PSO/U because when it comes down to it basically its a good game with great potential. Whether or not they use that is on them. I could imagine then bringing back Eps 1 & 2. They seen how the users jumped for that little taste of mag, they're kinda doing it on the DS. To me logic would say, "Hmm...People still do really like the PSO world. Hey! I know how to get more money! Lets rehash Eps. 1 & 2! Done!" I'm not saying thats what they are doing or whatever whatever whatever but we both have to admit that would bring back the old PSO'ers (They are here right) so thats more fan base, the new guys would like it, and end the end SEGA sees higher profit because people loved PSO.

I think people are getting too excited over this considering the amount of details (read: zilch) we have.

For all we know, the "additional update" could be nothing more than bringing over the new items from the PSP version of the game (which would be nice in itself, but far from game-saving)

Or, heck, even some stupid little cellphone mini-game, or a specific PS3 port, or something along the lines of not being what everyone is hoping for.

Also, no offense Pika, but you should kinda save your breath. Part of me agrees with you, while the other part just thinks you sound like your defending Sega blindly. Its fine if you enjoy the game the way it is, but the truth is, the majority of people are nowhere near satisfied with the way the game has been handled (myself included)