Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Customary AWESOME Title Solstis's Avatar

It's Blizzard. It'll be worth it.

Blizzard could package dog shit and it would be the most amazing dog shit in the universe.

I'm going with Toadthroat. Go ahead and whine and moan, we'll see how many people stick to their guns about avoiding it.

Red, Blue and Yellow? Sounds more like how they treat the Civilization series. Too many ideas, so they ship them separately in expansions. HUGE expansions. It's still really annoying, but it'll be okay as long as they don't treat it like the Sims. Hey, you want to own a pet? Too bad, buy the expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Retehi View Post
    Oh great, what next, monthly fee for Diablo 3?
    http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/55271

So yeah, a possible monthly fee for a more "advanced version" of Battle.net

"Unless they are 9.99 each you can die in a fire "

this guy said it best.
    ooh my nephew is gonna be SOOO disappointed, and so am I.
    OK, what if i ONLY want the Protoss version, do i HAVE to buy the other 2 even though i dont play Terran or Zerg? Also, would they all even come out at the same time?!

Quote Originally Posted by NPCMook View Post
    http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/55271

So yeah, a possible monthly fee for a more "advanced version" of Battle.net
    No. They may be releasing DLC over Battle.net for a fee.

"Pokemon Prove Evolutionism Is False" Shattered_weasel's Avatar
    In the ER room with the lovely and talented George Clooney.

Quote Originally Posted by amtalx View Post
    Diablo III > everything else Blizzard does.
    Diablo 3 is starting to smell like shit too. They are throwing around the possibility of only 4 people per game. Buy able DLC (no idea what that might be now). Not able to choose attributes. It's not looking good.

Yes, how dare they give their IP's truely fleshed out singleplayer campaigns in an effort to push the game as far as they can, as opposed to fucking all the fans over with drastically cut-back storyline and gameplay. All aside that its their fucking IP and they're free to do what they want with it.

Some of you seem to have a sense of entitlement to how dev's make their shit and package it to you. Would you prefer they cutback on the game, give you a half-assed and hurriedly put together peice, or a nicely crafted 3-disc set that fully realises the Starcraft franchise?

And lets be real, none of you fuckers can stick to your guns when it comes to a Blizzard product; if you're a fan of the IP's they've maintained over the years, you're going to gorge yourself on the Terran campaign and still be eagerly waiting to pay $29.95 for the next campaign to come out.

I could understand if they were releasing the game once, and then four months later they were to release an "Enhanced Edition" with afew extra missions and cutscenes, only to have them release an "Ultimate Collector's Edition" with a figure and art book five months after that.

Atleast they're more or less telling you "Hey, we're releasing the game this way because we want to do the IP justice", and if I were them I'd of added "And if any of you have a problem with it, feel free to blow Blizzard collectively, because it's our love-child and we're not going to half-ass it to please any of you self-righteous asstards who think they are shareholders."

It'll all work out, the whiners will get it out of their system after much hooting and hollaring, and guaranteed they'll be the ones who rush out and take a day off work to buy the damn thing anyway.
    Look, he did it again.

Quote Originally Posted by ABDUR101 View Post
    Yes, how dare they give their IP's truely fleshed out singleplayer campaigns in an effort to push the game as far as they can, as opposed to fucking all the fans over with drastically cut-back storyline and gameplay. All aside that its their fucking IP and they're free to do what they want with it.

Some of you seem to have a sense of entitlement to how dev's make their shit and package it to you. Would you prefer they cutback on the game, give you a half-assed and hurriedly put together peice, or a nicely crafted 3-disc set that fully realises the Starcraft franchise?

And lets be real, none of you fuckers can stick to your guns when it comes to a Blizzard product; if you're a fan of the IP's they've maintained over the years, you're going to gorge yourself on the Terran campaign and still be eagerly waiting to pay $29.95 for the next campaign to come out.

I could understand if they were releasing the game once, and then four months later they were to release an "Enhanced Edition" with afew extra missions and cutscenes, only to have them release an "Ultimate Collector's Edition" with a figure and art book five months after that.

Atleast they're more or less telling you "Hey, we're releasing the game this way because we want to do the IP justice", and if I were them I'd of added "And if any of you have a problem with it, feel free to blow Blizzard collectively, because it's our love-child and we're not going to half-ass it to please any of you self-righteous asstards who think they are shareholders."

It'll all work out, the whiners will get it out of their system after much hooting and hollaring, and guaranteed they'll be the ones who rush out and take a day off work to buy the damn thing anyway.
    You are kind of proving my point, it doesn't matter even if they only release the Terran campaign then the Zerg and finally the Protoss, each one is supposed to enhance the gameplay of the last. SO why not just hold off on each of them and release them as one large bundle? With how they've stated this, they are just going to rush the Terran campaign for a quick buck, and then add on to it via Zerg, and further add on to it via Protoss.

YES, I would rather wait for them to just bundle the game together than buy it in parts!

Here's a better question, who the hell plays RTS for the story?

QFT to Abdur's excellent post.

Furthermore:

They have a huge, solid Terran campaign that needs a bit of fleshing out at this point, and once you figure out the dev time needed for the other two campaigns it would have delayed the game for years. After months of discussion, this was their solution.

I would imagine much more of you would be considerably more bitchy were the game delayed for that long, than having two "expansion packs".

I am personally somewhat neutral on the situation. As long as they don't make each one $50 and there really IS a ton of content to each one, then I'll live.

Customary AWESOME Title Solstis's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by foamcup View Post
    Here's a better question, who the hell plays RTS for the story?
    People that want to play the RTS for the story.