Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is it true?

Default Is it true?

I've heard that the PSPortable gets online updates to the game to keep new things coming and etc.
    If this is true, would the PSZ have something simular?

I don't think the game would be able to store any new updates, to be honest. Not without having to download them each time you play, anyway. I could be wrong though, I know very little about the hardware and software involved.

I remember someone saying in another thread that PSO-style online quests are entirely possible, though.
    Phantasy Star Zero; bringing my favourite game to my favourite console.

Yeah. They say it does that for PSP because the PsP has memory stick for it, and I do know that the DS doesn't.
    New content is nice ;>>
    Guess that's when PSZero2 comes to play x3

Yeah I don't think this game will be server based, but hey! drawings will be my updates! :P

I dont really get what all the hubbub is with 'expansions' and 'updates'. PSO did just fine, and the only way it really got those was by buying an entirely new version of the game.

I think that all of the good news weve been getting has over inflated peoples view of the game. Dont get me wrong I think that PSZ could be the best thing the PS series has had happen to it in awhile, but id rather not see people be disappointed with it in the end because their expectation were too high.
    Illustrator! Pixel Artist!:

Mmm. As long as it has;

- A crapload of rares (check)
    - online play (check)
    - at least four levels (check)

I'll be happy. Online quests'd be nice too.

Quote Originally Posted by Niered View Post
    I dont really get what all the hubbub is with 'expansions' and 'updates'. PSO did just fine, and the only way it really got those was by buying an entirely new version of the game.

I think that all of the good news weve been getting has over inflated peoples view of the game. Dont get me wrong I think that PSZ could be the best thing the PS series has had happen to it in awhile, but id rather not see people be disappointed with it in the end because their expectation were too high.
    well that's a good point. Based on what is currently confirmed for the game, it will be hard for me to be disappointing. At least not like I was with PSU, which I had high expectations and tried really hard to like but just didn't happen. Already just from the videos I can see this is going to be one fun kickass game.

I don't really need the updates either to be happy with it. It's just kinda like, once you've seen everything, you've seen everything, kinda deal.
    I'm guessing it's going to be like PSO in the aspect of Normal, Hard, Very Hard, and Ultimate, which would rockzor!
    And if the story mission can hold out to be something longer then 30 mins of play time to complete, this game may entertain me for a bit.
    I understand your view Niered. I looked at the PSPortable and was amazed. A better PSU, on the go?! Amazing, until we found out about PSZ. I'm still impressed with PSP and my pick it up if I have extra monies, but I'm definetly going to pre-order the English PSZ asap!
    I kinda wish we had the PSZ now due to the lameness of our updates on the Global PSU servers. I wouldn't mind using my psu moneys to buy PSZ while Segac takes their sweet time with the updates.
    I guess this is kind of a lame excuse seeing how badly PSU is going right now, but if my wish does come true (and Segac shapens up) I'll PSZ when I'm not at home and PSU when I am. If I was going to get the PSP I would drop PSU and play PSO at home and PSP outdoors, kinda thing~ If I had the time and money, I'd just play them all! ^_^
    Last edited by Seority; Oct 13, 2008 at 10:12 AM.

Yeah, while updates for DS (Note the lack of the "i") games is really out of the question, that doesn't mean that there can't be DLC. Daigasso! Band Brothers DX, IIRC, is the first game that uses DLC for the DS, and it does it quite well. As of right now, there are 2,650 user-created songs that people can download. (There unfortunately is a download cap of 100 songs, but still)

Quests shouldn't really be that large in size, basically just telling the game what to say, what maps to go on, what enemies are on those maps, and what special weapons the quest can give -- and even then, with special weapons, they would already be programmed into the game (The "unlock" method seen in games like Professor Layton). Then again, if it is a type of weapon that is "downloaded", then perhaps if you play with other people that don't have the weapon "downloaded", your DS sends the information of the weapon to the other DSs temporarily?
    Blue Blue Glass Moon, Under the Crimson Air
    PSŲ (JP): ジェネヴィヴ (Lv.58 HUnewearl) :: Dahlia (Lv.26 FOmarl) :: X-MASS (Lv.06 HUcaseal)
    PSŲ (US): Potpourri (Lv.00 FOnewearl) :: Adelina (Lv.00 RAmarl) :: Brynhildr (Lv.00 RAcaseal)

As I recall in PSO, online quests downloaded temporarily and had to be re-downloaded each time the mission was selected.

I remember a similar thing happening in a few DS games, where you can download new levels etc. but you have to re-download them each time the game is played.

Picross DS even lets you permanently download levels to your cart.