Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Rappy Hunter Serial Killer ThEoRy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zorafim View Post
    Because she's a sad, outcasted, biologically engineered half-monster, who fights using a mixture of agility and support, and has a heroic death half-way through the game.

I'll be damned if I need any more reasons to love a fictional character.

This.
    Killing BioMonsters Since 1988
    1,427,595,780 exp
    Give or take a poulty

PSP is automatically good just because of Helga. Morganna's Avatar

Because she's a sad, outcasted, biologically engineered half-monster, who fights using a mixture of agility and support, and has a heroic death half-way through the game.

Also, if I recall, she starts out as your (Rolf's) girlfriend...and most of us want one of those, right?

So, of the Nei lovers here, how many of us make Nei clones in PSU? I think I have one, but I might need to fix her up a bit. Also, I'm guessing that she's a wartecher (and Neifirst is an acrotecher)...

I did make a Rika in PSU once, made her a Wartecher because they had Twin Claws and support Technics. But to make her look more accurate, it's probably better to make her a CAST.

Zora pretty much nailed it. In a more simplistic way, she's kind of the Aerith before Aerith.

I guess, if videogames were more mainstream, at the time; she'd get the same kind of world reaction.

Funny enough, the game sort of warned the player of such possible outcomes from a very early mission in the game.

Curiously attractive for a fish man Zorafim's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Morganna View Post
    Also, if I recall, she starts out as your (Rolf's) girlfriend...and most of us want one of those, right?
    She's more like a little sister, really. Rolf found her when she was immature, and sort of raised her as a child.

I like how she is dressed, I find her hot, and cute too, she is also a very useful character in combat, and they take her from you...

In the other hand, Alys/ Laila was not very useful in combat and she was rude and a tomboy...

Alys wasn't that effective in combat (felt like a nerfed Kyra, and I didn't even like her that much) but she's one of the most awesome females in the entire Phantasy Star series. I can definitely see why Chaz looks up to her.

Due to the fact that I think that the PS series have a terrible history of character development, I never got to like any of the characters alot.
    PSIV did that way better imo, and I really like all of the characters there.
    I don't think that Rika had a more interesting personality than Nei, but I did not see much of Nei's in PSII, but saw alot of Rika's in PSIV, like of any other character in that game.

Alys, Chaz, Hahn, Rune, Gryz, Rika, Wren all had an awesome personality, imo.
    And hell, I love that green Dezorian, Raja.
    Demi and Kyra did not seem as important as the others to me, however. But oh well.

Or Zio. Zio was so damn awesome. And he was a villain! What about Lassic? I was told that he is an evil king in the beginning, and the next time I heard of him I killed him in his flying castle. And did PSII even have any noticable villain? Neifirst came into the story too late (When she was killed...), mother brain was a dull computer.... and Dark Force...... Well, he was the same thing you fought in PSI...
    What I mean is, neither the charas, nor the villains really noticably interacted in the story in any of the PS games besides in PSIV.
    That's why I got to love all the charas in PSIV, while not really anyone in the other games.

And about Nei in specific: I feel like in Nazi Germany, being pushed into liking Hitler from every side. With all the Nei cameo stuff, they make us like and miss her.
    Last edited by Mysterious-G; Oct 25, 2008 at 02:24 PM.

I woke up and found myself in this place. SERIOUSLY, WHERE THE HELL AM I?!

This and she was the cutest character in the PS Series up until now, IMO! I too have made reincarnations of her in PSO, PSU and SCIV. Oh and she also has a reincarnation in the PS Memorial Drama CD. You can see more of her personality there.
    Last edited by Aumi; Oct 21, 2008 at 04:58 AM.

Curiously attractive for a fish man Zorafim's Avatar

I still haven't been able to get my hands on that CD. I really want to see that, seeing these PS characters in anime format seems great.