Default PSU offline without internet access

This may be a bit misleading. You do initially need the internet, but after that, you can be offline. This will help those that don't have internet at home or those that will be left without internet for a while. Note: This works for Windows XP, I do not know about Vista.

1) Download and install a personal web server. I highly suggest 'Abyss Web Server X1'. But, if your computer can't handle background processes and PSU, then I suggest 'Apache'.

2) In the "C:\Program Files\Abyss Web Server\htdocs" directory (or where ever else you installed it to) the following folders need to be created in this order:
    "GameGuard\SEGA\SEGAPSU", so that your directory looks like "C:\Program Files\Abyss Web Server\htdocs\GameGuard\SEGA\SEGAPSU".

3) Now for the gameguard server files. Click on: http://update.nprotect.net/GameGuard/SEGA/SEGAPSU/....
    It will take you to a Index Of page. Download them from the list there. If you don't see the list, or are blocked from it for some reason, copy the above URL, and paste the file names at the end.
    gamemon.npz
    ggscan.npz
    npgg9x.npz
    npggNT.npz
    npgmup.npz
    nppt9x.npz
    npptNT2.npz
    npsc.npz
    NPSCAN.npz
    SEGAPSU.npz
    splash.npz
    update.cfg

4) Put the downloaded files into the htdocs directory.

5) Open C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\hosts (open in notepad)

6) Add the lines:

127.0.0.1:80 update.nprotect.net
    127.0.0.1:80 124.78.4.91NS
    127.0.0.1 124.78.4.91NS
    127.0.0.1 update.nprotect.net

below '127.0.0.1 localhost'.
    Notes: If there are grins in the lines, replace the grins with a colon then a capital 'D'. Also, if your OCD kicks in, you can press tab to align the addresses, but it isn't necessary.

7) This is important! Save the hosts file, then right click > Properties. Click on the read-only box, then OK. GameGuard is aware of this workaround and will nullify the entries if this is skipped.

If you already have gameguard-updated files, go into the C:\SEGA\(PSU Folder). Delete the GameGuard folder.

9) Start up PSU.

If you see 'authenticating' even when you aren't connected, then it worked. If not, let me know if something didn't work that was said in this guide. But, double check first, please.

This completes the process of using offline mode, offline. If you can't download at home, but still have access to downloading, then I suggest a flash drive. Or something else to that effect.
    I almost survived Rozenom City!
    [Lv.89]x1 vs. [Lv.120+]x7 ... yup, its fair.

Quote Originally Posted by Reki_III View Post
    This may be a bit misleading. You do initially need the internet, but after that, you can be offline. This will help those that don't have internet at home or those that will be left without internet for a while. Note: This works for Windows XP, I do not know about Vista.

1) Download and install a personal web server. I highly suggest 'Abyss Web Server X1'. But, if your computer can't handle background processes and PSU, then I suggest 'Apache'.

2) In the "C:\Program Files\Abyss Web Server\htdocs" directory (or where ever else you installed it to) the following folders need to be created in this order:
    "GameGuard\SEGA\SEGAPSU", so that your directory looks like "C:\Program Files\Abyss Web Server\htdocs\GameGuard\SEGA\SEGAPSU".

3) Now for the gameguard server files. Click on: http://update.nprotect.net/GameGuard/SEGA/SEGAPSU/....
    It will take you to a Index Of page. Download them from the list there. If you don't see the list, or are blocked from it for some reason, copy the above URL, and paste the file names at the end.
    gamemon.npz
    ggscan.npz
    npgg9x.npz
    npggNT.npz
    npgmup.npz
    nppt9x.npz
    npptNT2.npz
    npsc.npz
    NPSCAN.npz
    SEGAPSU.npz
    splash.npz
    update.cfg

4) Put the downloaded files into the htdocs directory.

5) Open C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\hosts (open in notepad)

6) Add the lines:

127.0.0.1:80 update.nprotect.net
    127.0.0.1:80 124.78.4.91NS
    127.0.0.1 124.78.4.91NS
    127.0.0.1 update.nprotect.net

below '127.0.0.1 localhost'.
    Notes: If there are grins in the lines, replace the grins with a colon then a capital 'D'. Also, if your OCD kicks in, you can press tab to align the addresses, but it isn't necessary.

7) This is important! Save the hosts file, then right click > Properties. Click on the read-only box, then OK. GameGuard is aware of this workaround and will nullify the entries if this is skipped.

If you already have gameguard-updated files, go into the C:\SEGA\(PSU Folder). Delete the GameGuard folder.

9) Start up PSU.

If you see 'authenticating' even when you aren't connected, then it worked. If not, let me know if something didn't work that was said in this guide. But, double check first, please.

This completes the process of using offline mode, offline. If you can't download at home, but still have access to downloading, then I suggest a flash drive. Or something else to that effect.
    Hello,

I'm new here.

May I request for the SEGAPSU.npz to be sent to my email address [email protected]. I tried to download it but it appears that it has already been removed from their server.

Thank you in advance.

I am playing offline Phantasy star universe. Just wondering where to find ether acid. I am in chapter 10. I am a bit OCD and i like to finish synthing and finding items. Is there a mission where ether acid drops or a shop (OFFLINE!) that sells it? any help would be appreciated!
    Download OG0-093 dumps questions and answers to successfully complete certification.For more details visit now Rockefeller University and Art Institute of Las Vegas and Youtube or Facebook best wishes.

Phantasy Dad Online II Dragwind's Avatar

Please do not bump threads that are more than 6 weeks old without a reply.
    PSO, PSU, PS:Po, PSZ | PSO2: Jergraw (All classes 90) Lunaeris Demoria (Fo/Te 90) Onlak (Hr 90)
    -**Tech crafting max- message me for crafts**-

Forum Rules - Read it!