Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Default PSU (lack of) update discussion

Oh wow.

At least I can go hunt Rappy Latans- no, because I already have every one of their drops barring Pumpkin Trick (and I don't even WANT that).

Seriously, the updates are getting worse and worse How long is ST going to hold off on Carnival? I don't particularly care for it (only want Yasha/Falclaw from it), but it's obvious we're being drip-fed here.

This, ladies and gentlemen is the start of 'PSOBB syndrome'. First the content updates slow down to a terrible pace, then stop altogether.
    Last edited by Neith; Oct 28, 2008 at 08:07 AM.

HUnewearl power since 2003. NGS Official Creator (SectionSkyly)

Quote Originally Posted by Neith View Post
    This, ladies and gentlemen is the start of 'PSOBB syndrome'. First the content updates slow down to a terrible pace, then stop altogether.
    Does no one remember PSO GC?

Bi-tri monthly updates were common [and I don't mean 2 or 3 updates per month], and that was before they had to create new content; I'm pretty sure there was almost a year gap before the end of some of the DC quests [OLD. DREAMCAST VERSION QUESTS, BTW] and Episode 2 Challenge 1.

It may seem similiar, but its really not as bad as any incarnation of PSO as far as updates go.

Frankly, the updating wouldn't feel so bad on PSU if they promised once a month updates, and they'd probably give us exactly that; real updates once a month. The real problem is that they promised more, and they aren't delivering. THAT is the real frustrating part.

Like, they all used shit like Resta Merge and Marina's Bag too
    Like, you don't need to fucking heal Bob shit AFKing in Ruins 1 when you're at the final room in Ruins 3
    Or Ruins 75, whatever overexhagerates my point better

That's not quite the same. PSO GC was released with all stages available, on all difficulties selectable from the outset with no level cap but the maximum of 200. It's disingenuous to say PSU has a better update schedule when most of those updates are just releasing the equivalents in bits and pieces.

PSO was also a ridiculously smaller game

Fine, should I compare it to BB then, where that is simply not the case?

Like, they all used shit like Resta Merge and Marina's Bag too
    Like, you don't need to fucking heal Bob shit AFKing in Ruins 1 when you're at the final room in Ruins 3
    Or Ruins 75, whatever overexhagerates my point better

That's the other problem. Given how much bigger a game PSU is when compared to any incarnation of PSO, it's only reasonable to expect the flow of updates to be superior considering how much easier it should be to break off chunks from the whole.

Quote Originally Posted by Orrefe View Post
    Does no one remember PSO GC?

Bi-tri monthly updates were common [and I don't mean 2 or 3 updates per month], and that was before they had to create new content; I'm pretty sure there was almost a year gap before the end of some of the DC quests [OLD. DREAMCAST VERSION QUESTS, BTW] and Episode 2 Challenge 1.

It may seem similiar, but its really not as bad as any incarnation of PSO as far as updates go.

Frankly, the updating wouldn't feel so bad on PSU if they promised once a month updates, and they'd probably give us exactly that; real updates once a month. The real problem is that they promised more, and they aren't delivering. THAT is the real frustrating part.
    Considering I played PSOGC for oh, a few years, of course I remember it.

PSOGC was also on one unified server. We DO have content in the future for PSU, but it's being rolled out so damn slow that everyone will have quit before we have the rest of it.

I would GLADLY take one large update a month over this- because what we're getting is, quite frankly, laughable. I'd have quit a long, long time ago if I didn't have friends who make the game fun for me.
    Last edited by Neith; Oct 28, 2008 at 12:12 PM.

HUnewearl power since 2003. NGS Official Creator (SectionSkyly)

*clears throat*

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

*clears throat again*

Now that I've joined in with the masses. Thanks for the posting Espio. I'm glad that we're finally getting the lobby, I'm sure all the new players are excited about it. I know I've got a ton of people who'll be stealing me to farm Halloween rares so I'm happy to see the update.

Everyone else, enjoy whatever else you're doing other than PSU, glad to hear you're doing that instead of polluting all the new players into thinking their game sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by BIGGIEstyle View Post
    Everyone else, enjoy whatever else you're doing other than PSU, glad to hear you're doing that instead of polluting all the new players into thinking their game sucks.
    They need to know the truth!
    Random ragnus speed run -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IAWVpqMnI24
    Grove of Fanatics S2 run -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwDJ37FMA6k

Quote Originally Posted by BIGGIEstyle View Post
    *clears throat*

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

*clears throat again*

Now that I've joined in with the masses. Thanks for the posting Espio. I'm glad that we're finally getting the lobby, I'm sure all the new players are excited about it. I know I've got a ton of people who'll be stealing me to farm Halloween rares so I'm happy to see the update.

It's actually a lot more rude to make them spend their money and then find out later.

Quote Originally Posted by Artea View Post
    It's actually a lot more rude to make them spend their money and then find out later.
    Did you enjoy the game when you first started? Did you enjoy the game while you still had things to occupy your time? If so, then why not give them the same chance?

If you started a game- at any point in it's life (dead or not)- and were interested enough to pay that first fee for it, would you like it if everyone who played the game made you feel like a horse's ass for doing so? Probably not.

I understand where all the people who have done everything they can currently are irritated at the lack of new content, but some people have plenty left to occupy themselves, and others still just started a week ago!

I understand wanting new content and this game having nothing left to offer for a lot of you, but shit, think of the people who do! You are inadvertently taking the dagger that Sega has stabbed our game with and are pushing it in with each new player you scare away from the game.

I'm not trying to save anything anymore because one person can't make a difference to a corporation, but at least think of the other people who have the opportunity to experience everything you've already enjoyed for the first time.

I understand being angry, but show some consideration. Just as much money is coming into this game as all of you leaving. And most of you will come back. PSU still has some life in it. Don't kill it yet.