Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Lets bring the FKL gaming community a little closer

I was going to post this in OT, but there are strangers there. So I'm starting small in the all too familiar landfill. I got Left 4 Dead on tuesday, and it started a bi of obsession with Valve. Many of us here play online games of various genres. And a bunch of you guys moved onto skype, which I'm not too familiar with yet.

Originally, I was going to make a thread solely for gathering peoples' Steam usernames, then realised we can make a floating sticky with peoples' contact information, friend codes, steam, skype usernames, and everything else, whatever, etc.

Steam: Firocket1690 (orange box, audiosurf, left 4 dead)
    Gunbound Revolution: Lylas
    MKDS: 055902-968950
    TetrisDS: 681256-234391

I'll have my pokemon diamond FC up soon.
    Last edited by Firocket1690; Nov 21, 2008 at 07:50 AM.

Supreme Pantless Commander SpikeOtacon's Avatar

There is a Wii Friend Code thread, but it didn't take into account other stuff like Steam and Xbox Live, PSN, etc. I think a thread with all of the information would be better than just a WiFi code thread.

But then we have threads like the Brawl and Mario Kart madness thread where they have lists of players with specific games and specific codes. And that's well an organized too. If we keep the codes to one thread, we could either have all meetups planned in there, or in separate theads. Either way, it could get a bit messy with all of the various ways to play.

What to do, what to do?

She's a summer love in the spring, fall and winter

I think we should make a new thread with contact information, and (attempt to) restrict people to one post each. This one post will have every gamertag/friend code/username they think they would use, and they can always edit that post if they need to add anything.

Personally, I like Tact's idea, which kinda merges my idea of keeping contact in one thread.
    Floating sticky with contacts, gamertags, friend codes, steam accounts, etc.

Then individual threads to organise when people want to play a specific game at any given time.

Anyone else up for this? Start adding information! 'cause I don't want to go through that awkward thing of asking people individually. I just found out Outrider plays L4D in that thread. It just seems unnecessarily tedious to ask individuals, when we can consolidate it in a single thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Firocket1690 View Post
    Personally, I like Tact's idea, which kinda merges my idea of keeping contact in one thread.
    Floating sticky with contacts, gamertags, friend codes, steam accounts, etc.

Then individual threads to organise when people want to play a specific game at any given time.

Anyone else up for this? Start adding information! 'cause I don't want to go through that awkward thing of asking people individually. I just found out Outrider plays L4D in that thread. It just seems unnecessarily tedious to ask individuals, when we can consolidate it in a single thread.
    Unfortunately, I bought it for 360 as I don't have a gaming-ready PC.

But yes, I am in full support for this, if only for the selfish reason that it will help me finally get all this random information in one place.

Okay, three people behind the idea is enough. Who's going to make the thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Tact View Post
    Okay, three people behind the idea is enough. Who's going to make the thread?
    joo know it ain't me ;3
    but i can help w/something threadz
    Last edited by Dhylec; Nov 21, 2008 at 03:54 PM.
    Blink & you might miss it! ;3

Oh, keep sig at 600x180 px & 49KB, yah?

The Master of Mispeled Words Moo2u's Avatar

Cool idea! I likes!

But I'll keep updating the Mario Kart/Brawl Madness thread, if that's alright.

Quote Originally Posted by Moo2u View Post
    Cool idea! I likes!

But I'll keep updating the Mario Kart/Brawl Madness thread, if that's alright.
    I don't see why that would be a problem with my proposed system.