Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Percival View Post
    May I remind all our fellow forum members that are importing the game, that they should… nay, that they have a moral obligation, once they receive the game, to unplug for a few minutes a day and answer all the questions we might have. We'll be feeding on your table scraps until the NA release, so be magnanimous.
    We'll do more than that. We'll make a Youtube series as an offshoot to 'The Guild' based on exploits of PS0....
    Ok. We sooooo won't be doing that. However, people have answered questions on PSP, all the time. I doubt this will be any different.

16 More Days till release of Phantasy Star Zero (Jpn Ver.)

Importers, remember to answer my questions. For if they are not answered, it will be your stomach... that would be empty when I choose not to serve you food or anything else to you.

Yes, and especially for people like me who are unfortunate enough to not be able to import this game, please keep us updated. I can already make a prediction that will most likely... no, WILL be true. Once that game hits Japan shelves, we can expect a whole chockfull of yummy details about the game.

Er, okay guys. Though don't gut me if I can't give you story details.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarode View Post
    Er, okay guys. Though don't gut me if I can't give you story details.
    I could care less about story, PSO wasnt known for its story, and PSU was so dorked up with bad JRPG cliches and nonsense that I gave up on that as well.

Gameplay, enemies, and how much fun it is, thats all I care about.
    Illustrator! Pixel Artist!:

Quote Originally Posted by Niered View Post
    PSU was so dorked up with bad JRPG cliches and nonsense that I gave up on that as well.
    I couldn't agree any more.

You got that right. Well, that's how I feel about all action Dungeon Hackers. It's like one of my favorite genres in the world. However, my problem is part of my addiction. I have a plethora of these games. I'm not just addicted to just a few games in the genre, but practically to the genre itself. In fact, outside of the many little indi-games that fall into the category, I've played a good majority of them.

And while a few, like Diablo II's mythos and CG movies, have surprisingly interesting tales...I hardly care in the end what really happens with the 'Wanderer', or Diablo's famous 'Archangel'. I just want more of the game. More things to fight, more places to fight in, and seeing shiny stuff pop out of stuff I defeat (or the means to get more shiny stuff).

Now, not all are good. There are some with badly implemented combat controls, or have too little combat variety (in addition to a lack of environment interaction) to maintain interest. I've had a few of those, which I play for a while, but then kind of give up on.

Still, there has never really been a Dungeon crawler in which I felt any importance in the on-going story in being a factor of why I play it. (Even Dungeon Siege 2's attempt to create some lovely story scenes really was just filler stuff, to me)

I don't take the stories seriously, but I truly do get entertained by comedy. Some of my favorite dialogue, text, voice, otherwise, in a Dungeon Hacker...is when the game doesn't look at itself too seriously and throws in humor. Things thrown in there to cause me to chuckle are probably the best thing you can serve me, as long as I enjoy the feel of your hack and slash. Story is just gravy...however it will never be my expectation.

Each day, when the countdown reaches closer to zero, my anticipation and hype get built up even more. But as stated above, story... bleh. Like anchovies on pizza, not too many people care for it.

I woke up and found myself in this place. SERIOUSLY, WHERE THE HELL AM I?!

Quote Originally Posted by Saphion View Post
    I shall do my best to serve my country-- err, I mean forum!

[Salutes]
    *Stands beside Saphion, closes eyes and salutes too, opens eyes and suddenly finds himself in front of the grave of The Boss thinking "What the hell am I doing here?!"*

Well, I'll try to give you some footage and intel. But don't expect too much as I'll be busy making good use of all my Christmas gifts. Games and Japanese Learning software!