Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Please, please be a 360 MGS4 port. So far it's the only game that makes me regret I don't have a PS3 (that'll only get worse when Gran Turismo 5's full version releases...).

I've been dying to play Guns of the Patriots, but don't know anyone with a PS3 >_> Unfortunately, that symbol (as people have said) is reminiscent of a standard power O/I button, so whether this means a 360 release I'm not sure.

Here's hoping...

HUnewearl power since 2003. NGS Official Creator (SectionSkyly)

MGS4 for 360 would be actually the official end of PS3, it doesn't have enough titles worth your time to stand the fight for long

AKA the Unbelievable Batmobile UnderscoreX's Avatar

Shouldn't it be more like this ?

At this point in time who seriously even cares if the game gets ported to 360 ? The issue with XIII is that people were worried that the game would be downgraded on the PS3 so it would fit on the 360. But since MGS4 is already out I can't see why anyone would care if it goes multi-platform.

Quote Originally Posted by PIT View Post
    MGS4 for 360 would be actually the official end of PS3, it doesn't have enough titles worth your time to stand the fight for long
    Word son.
    My better is better than your better.

Quote Originally Posted by UnderscoreX View Post
    Shouldn't it be more like this ?
    ...Really, I appreciate the effort that Sony fanboys that make these sorts of things show, but they could at least get it right.

It's a steady blinking, with no light in the upper-right... Like this.

At this point in time who seriously even cares if the game gets ported to 360 ? The issue with XIII is that people were worried that the game would be downgraded on the PS3 so it would fit on the 360. But since MGS4 is already out I can't see why anyone would care if it goes multi-platform.
    Mostly Sony fanboys, and people who bought PS3s solely for the two games coming to it that actually matter. One of those two games has been confirmed for the 360 for a while now, and they're probably getting really, really worried that their other reason for their system existing may be going to the 360.

ProTip: To damage your credibility, simply call any of the Phantasy Star games "massively-multiplayer."

AKA the Unbelievable Batmobile UnderscoreX's Avatar

Hey i didn't make the thing, but nice work fixing it.

And there aren't only 2 games that matter... is all I'm going to say before this thread explodes into any other PS3 related thread around here.
    My better is better than your better.

John Cena ain't got me ThePainMaker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aisha379 View Post
    Looks more like the 360 power button to me.

Anyway, I'm a big fan of the series, and I certainly hope the next one isn't a cellphone game! D=

Or a "special edition" of MGS4 for the 360.
    I strongly agree with that. They should do something for the diehard MGS fans who are unfortunate enough to have an XBOX 360 when it is only on PS3

I really don't think they would release a 5-disc version of MGS4 for Xbox 360. Trust me, users can deal with some compressed textures & audio. Most people just aren't going to notice the difference.

Two discs would be likely; three could still be a possibility. Keep in mind that the production cost goes up quite a bit when you're using multiple discs, especially if you need to make a custom case to do so.

I've said before, I don't think anybody would be surprised if MGS4 came out on Xbox 360. Still not sold that this is the announcement for it, but I guess we'll see.

Obviously, the big question is - what would they do about the line in which Otacon says it's so great that the game is on Blu-ray and that users don't have to change the disc during chapter 4?

Obviously, the big question is - what would they do about the line in which Otacon says it's so great that the game is on Blu-ray and that users don't have to change the disc during chapter 4?
    And Snake using a PS3 controller to control the Mark III for that matter.

I'd like to think that, if it comes out on the 360, they'd redo that line as a sort of mocking to some extent =P

Lost Odyssey was 4 discs though, so I guess I can see them releasing a 3~5 disc MGS4 if they really wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by Aisha379 View Post
    Lost Odyssey was 4 discs though, so I guess I can see them releasing a 3~5 disc MGS4 if they really wanted.
    Good point, though I still feel that consumers are more accepting of an RPG that spans 4 discs than an action game that spans 4 discs.

Quote Originally Posted by Outrider View Post
    I really don't think they would release a 5-disc version of MGS4 for Xbox 360. Trust me, users can deal with some compressed textures & audio. Most people just aren't going to notice the difference.

Two discs would be likely; three could still be a possibility. Keep in mind that the production cost goes up quite a bit when you're using multiple discs, especially if you need to make a custom case to do so.

I've said before, I don't think anybody would be surprised if MGS4 came out on Xbox 360. Still not sold that this is the announcement for it, but I guess we'll see.

Well, my estimation of five discs was already based on compression - the game as it is currently fills up a 50GB dual-layer Blu-Ray disc completely.

A dual-layer DVD can hold close to 9GB of data, so five of them would equate to about 45GB total (probably slightly less) - assuming you compress down a lot of the audio and textures, remove Metal Gear Online and make it a free downloadable package to people who own the game, and take into consideration the fact that there would be a good chunk of redundant data across all of those discs, then 5 DVDs would probably be about as small as we could hope to get.

Obviously, however, there are plenty of references directly to Microsoft's competitors that would probably end up being changed. The Blu-ray plug would probably just be removed (because it was the same place where you switched discs in the first Metal Gear Solid, which prompted the disc-switching joke that led into the Blu-ray plug), Snake would have a Zune that brings up the custom soundtrack feature that the Xbox 360 has, Otacon wouldn't have Macs everywhere in the Nomad, and Sunny wouldn't have a PS3 and PSP up in the kitchen.

ProTip: To damage your credibility, simply call any of the Phantasy Star games "massively-multiplayer."