Page 23 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1320212223242526 ... LastLast
    The Magnanimous Guardian Magician's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by desturel View Post
    Pssh, this isn't a job it's recreation for me. I didn't lose anything and my time wasn't invested. I spent Friday and Saturday playing a game. If I had done something productive like write a book or program a new application for work, then I might think I had lost something. My recreation time is transient. If I had fun at the moment, then mission accomplished.

This is why I can play this game while others are constantly bitching. Their concept of fun isn't playing the game. It's finding cool stuff. You can find out more about my particular stance on the game from Tynselle if you care to. I ran with him all Saturday so he knows I put in more hours than most of the people complaining right now. (48% boost rate after two days of play? This is the easiest boost road so far.)

Anyway my opinion, that's why I kept it short in my initial post and deleted my rant.
    Are you D-Fro then?

a comfortable place between dreams and reality

Quote Originally Posted by Green_Bandit View Post
    You know I'm not mad or upset at Sega at all. Know why? Stuff happends. Point blank. period.

If some data corrupted then thats out of their control. Its not their fault. Why hold them accountable? As far as you know they could have done everything to the "T" perfect but when the servers were booted back up something was just not in their control. Every had your personal hard drive just crap out on you for no reason? Was it your fault? No. Was it your computers fault? No. Shit just happends.
    You don't spend much time in the tech industry do you...

I've already made this point so I won't go into the details again, but this kind of problem only 'just happens' to companies like Sega. There are many reliable data redundancy methods that are very effective. That being said, the data corruption was probably the result of a bad script or something. I find it hard to believe that a company with Sega's assets would run into such basic data corruption issues.

Quote Originally Posted by desturel View Post
    Pssh, this isn't a job it's recreation for me. I didn't lose anything and my time wasn't invested. I spent Friday and Saturday playing a game. If I had done something productive like write a book or program a new application for work, then I might think I had lost something. My recreation time is transient. If I had fun at the moment, then mission accomplished.

This is why I can play this game while others are constantly bitching. Their concept of fun isn't playing the game. It's finding cool stuff. You can find out more about my particular stance on the game from Tynselle if you care to. I ran with him all Saturday so he knows I put in more hours than most of the people complaining right now. (48% boost rate after two days of play? This is the easiest boost road so far.)

Anyway my opinion, that's why I kept it short in my initial post and deleted my rant.
    Let me be the first to congratulate you.

Quote Originally Posted by Magician View Post
    Are you D-Fro then?
    That would be me.

Maybe it's just me but, wasn't this just a Power maintenance ?

Why did the game data get corrupted if the job wasn't even related to the servers in the first place ?

This is making me very glad that I did not reactivate like I was considering.
    PSO2JP Ship 2 - ID: BlakLanner
    Main Character: Aenaenon (Techer of inconsistent ability)

ok let me tell you tools whats up, sega gets money, and we get boned. straight up. nothing has changed since 2 years so why are you guys still whining? its not real life, stop taking this game like its real life you bunch of nerds. Get your stuff back keep doing GBR and stop crying. quitting or crying on this forum won't do anything except raise your personal views on a video game. get a life

greetings guardians,

to be honest and after i'm calmed down about losing items (i.e battlestoppers 6/9)...all in all i'm glad that they rollback.

this is my first GBR and i couldn't predict or see how the economy and the prices on "special" items (erm grinder s+10), units/weapons will go up or down.

as i logged in, i've got my wasted money back (luckily) and i was able to manage my meseta much better then before and could buy some weapons, armors and units etc, for acceptable amount of mesetas especially grinders. also selling my old stuff for good prices.

now i am poor again, but this time i'm prepared for the GBR Missions (in my opinion ).

i'm sure that many other will dislike my view on this situation, and also understand that they're pi$$ed of about their drops.

oh yeah, sega really messed this up but sh!t happens everyday...in RL and even in games...

but for sega and player sakes, and not losing more PSU fellows:
    Give us an extended GBR, Grind,Synth Boost or EXP boost whatever!
    that is the very least thing they should do to satisfy or motivate the people to stay here.

just my reaction on this stupid situation, flame me for this if you want...

greez and still happy hunting
    sev.

edit:
    misspelling or bad grammar are there for your amusement (english isn't my mainlanguage)

even tho i lost items
    My Psychologist says "the past is past move on". so i'm moving on like it never happend.
    n_n
    being positive
    just like finding a girlfriend. and if the girl turns you down move on to the next and forget about her.
    "don't get MAD get GLAD" haha!

Quote Originally Posted by Ryno View Post
    even tho i lost items
    My Psychologist says "the past is past move on". so i'm moving on like it never happend.
    n_n
    being positive
    just like finding a girlfriend. and if the girl turns you down move on to the next and forget about her.
    "don't get MAD get GLAD" haha!
    i wish i stell had a girlfriend.