Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

Default Phantasy Star Zero Contest - Winners Announced

Winners:
    The voting period has ended and here are the winners!
    1. Acala (RAcaseal) by Immovable One
    2. Carma (RAcaseal) by Carma

If you are a winner, be sure to send me a private message and we can make arrangements for prizes.

Voting Gallery:
    The voting gallery is now open! Users will be able to cast votes until January 9th.

Overview:
    So have you been anticipating the release of Phantasy Star Zero and dreaming about the characters you'll create? If so, we have a contest for you! PSO-World is holding a Phantasy Star Zero Character Portrait contest. Users are encouraged to submit their conceptions of their future Phantasy Star Zero characters for a chance to win a copy of the game! Read below to see the rules and submission deadlines.

Guidelines:
    The point of the contest is fairly straight-forward, we want to know what your future Phantasy Star Zero characters will look like! Users are encouraged to come up with creative poses and outfit their characters with unique weapons.

Rules:
    Submissions must be in by January 1, 2009 (when the ball comes down in Times Square). All submitted content should conform to forum rules. You are allowed to make multiple submissions.

Judging Process:
    Once the submission period has ended, a special gallery will be setup. PSO-World.com users will then have the chance to vote for the piece they find to be the most awesome. The winner will be the piece with the largest number of votes. Once voting has finished and a winner has been determined, results will be posted on the front page.

Prizes:
    1st Place:
    Custom Avatar and Copy of Phantasy Star Zero (Japanese or English - Winner's Choice)

2nd Place:
    Custom Avatar

Submission Process:
    Submissions should be sent using the Private Message system to Ryna or HUnewearl_Meira. Any entries received after the deadline date will not be included in the contest. When submitting your picture, be sure to include the name and job class of your character.

Questions:
    If you have any questions, please post them in this thread.

Inspiritation:
    If you need some character references, check out these shots:
    Spoiler!

You can also find lots of video and screenshots in this thread:
    http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=154104
    Last edited by Ryna; Jan 11, 2009 at 05:15 PM.

Cool event idea, looking forward to seeing the entries! What's this about an English copy of PSZ, though?

Quote Originally Posted by RubyEclipse View Post
    Cool event idea, looking forward to seeing the entries! What's this about an English copy of PSZ, though?
    We are going on the strong assumption that there will eventually be an English release. The winner can choose to receive a copy of the Japanese or English version (whenever it is released).
    Last edited by Ryna; Dec 10, 2008 at 08:59 PM.

Cool, thanks for clarifying. Obviously there's been nothing said confirming or denying the release yet, so I just wanted to check in on that. If a US version is not released or announced, what will be the cutoff waiting date before the winner gets the JP version sent?

Quote Originally Posted by RubyEclipse View Post
    Cool, thanks for clarifying. Obviously there's been nothing said confirming or denying the release yet, so I just wanted to check in on that. If a US version is not released or announced, what will be the cutoff waiting date before the winner gets the JP version sent?
    The cut-off time will mostly depend on how long the winner wants to wait. If It were necessary to establish an upper boundary on the waiting time, it'd be April 1st.

Interesting...

I might submit something.
    What I want to know are the restrictions -
    like color scheme, style, design choices, how many entries, whether backgrounds are allowed, etc.

I'll try to draw something..... ANYTHING XD

EDIT: Oh and I wanna know if it's not allowed to show the artwork in public (web) before the gallery is posted.
    Last edited by Immovable One; Dec 10, 2008 at 09:21 PM.
    PSO2 JP
    Sega ID: Elternteil
    アリサ・ランディール
    (Alis Landale)
    Female HUmar
    Ship 2

Quote Originally Posted by Immovable One View Post
    Interesting...

I might submit something.
    What I want to know are the restrictions -
    like color scheme, style, design choices, how many entries, etc.

I'll try to draw something..... ANYTHING XD
    You can submit as many entries as you want. The only restriction on format is that your final submission has to be in the form of a digital picture. So if you want to create a sculpture, you'll need to take a picture of it with a camera.

In terms of content, there aren't too many restrictions. Just make sure you it follows the site's forum rules for content. Overly explicit or profane pictures won't be allowed.

Thanks

Do you want a full body shot? Or is medium shot or close-up ok?
    PSO2 JP
    Sega ID: Elternteil
    アリサ・ランディール
    (Alis Landale)
    Female HUmar
    Ship 2

Quote Originally Posted by Immovable One View Post
    Thanks

Do you want a full body shot? Or is medium shot or close-up ok?
    Voters will be instructed to pick 'the most awesome picture.' So pick whatever you think would look best.

Contest.. ugh.. I'm always bad with contests.. but I might enter.. designing a new PS-zero look voor Qox sounds like fun