Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

you wouldnt have to worry about getting FSOD... saving takes like... less than a second just to save on the PC version.. you wouldnt have to look at loading screens either... sigh stupid SEGA >.>;;

You WOULD worry about:

Hackers doing real damage to your PC

A hex editor could be released to make cheating easily avialable

etc..

-.-

better than losing hours of hardwork >_>

And the ability for more expansion of download content. I remember the time that I played it, it updated the display settings for better fog effects, etc. What's a bit pointless about PC version is that it's Ver.2 ^_^;
    From PSO Ep 1-4 to PSU, PS0, PSP 1-2, and now PSO2... it's been a long journey.

The guy who won't play with cheaters. Period.

Rubesahl hit the nail on the head. PC PSO would be worth getting only if it had Ep. I&II.

On 2003-02-05 16:49, Nites wrote:
    you wouldnt have to worry about getting FSOD... saving takes like... less than a second just to save on the PC version.. you wouldnt have to look at loading screens either... sigh stupid SEGA >.>;;
    Loading would still occur.

Sega's not stupid. They didn't want to put a lot of work into a PC title that was gonna sell like crap.

The PC market is really different from the console market. It's already saturated with MMORPGs and most PC gamers would expect a much more sophisticated game than PSO's very light gameplay. It's definately not something most of them would pay for.

PC gaming in Asia is pretty different. Due to a greater market saturation (particularly in Korea where Japanese consoles were until recently illegal) PC gaming is really really big. Because of this Sega and lots of other companies port over many of their console titles to PC. PSO v2 happened to be one of the titles they ported over. I'm assuming it didn't sell well even in japan or there would probably be plans for PSO eps. I & II for japanese PC already.

Sega is in the business of making money not losing it (well, at least now that they're out of the console manufacturing market...) so they didn't want to pay a lot creating a PSO ep I & II port that was going to sell poorly. It wouldn't be cost effective.

By the way, the asian PC market I was talking about earlier is why there are so many Korean Diablo and Starcraft players.

A PSO Veteran

does anyone know where i can get an import version? oh yeah, does the import version text show up in English if u set the language to it (even NPC talk)

On 2003-02-06 00:55, Darkmage13 wrote:
    On 2003-02-05 16:49, Nites wrote:
    Loading would still occur.

Sega's not stupid. They didn't want to put a lot of work into a PC title that was gonna sell like crap.

The PC market is really different from the console market. It's already saturated with MMORPGs and most PC gamers would expect a much more sophisticated game than PSO's very light gameplay. It's definately not something most of them would pay for.

PC gaming in Asia is pretty different. Due to a greater market saturation (particularly in Korea where Japanese consoles were until recently illegal) PC gaming is really really big. Because of this Sega and lots of other companies port over many of their console titles to PC. PSO v2 happened to be one of the titles they ported over. I'm assuming it didn't sell well even in japan or there would probably be plans for PSO eps. I & II for japanese PC already.

Sega is in the business of making money not losing it (well, at least now that they're out of the console manufacturing market...) so they didn't want to pay a lot creating a PSO ep I & II port that was going to sell poorly. It wouldn't be cost effective.

By the way, the asian PC market I was talking about earlier is why there are so many Korean Diablo and Starcraft players.
    imports are very cheap and easy... doesnt take a whole programming team just port the game.

and theres no proof if the game will sell poorly or not on the pc version... if there was a pso v3 for the pc in NA ill buy it...

loading does occur... but loading is fast for the pc... ever tried the pc version?? its alot faster in loading the maps and characters..

Droid Hunter, Killer of Rappies

Wait a second, the good thing about PSO is that every version is already built for the importation. All you need to do is to make sure the game can play on the country's systems, and update the documentation.

And all you'd need to do with v3 is to port it to an x86-friendly code, so it can play on PCs.

You need a Japanese version of Windows to run PC PSO.