Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Rough menu guide

Figured I'd throw up a quick guide of a couple of menus so that people don't accidentally delete their characters like I did Feel free to add your own guides! Anyway, here goes:

MAIN MENU:

-First three options are character slots, obviously
    -Fourth option deals with friend codes and such
    -Fifth option configures your DS for wifi, same as in Mario Kart, Pokemon, Metroid, whatever else

FRIEND CODES MENU
    -First option shows everyone you've added as a friend
    -Second option allows you to add a friend code as well as a username associated with that code
    -Third option allows you to change the name associated with your code
    -Bottom screen displays your own friend code and name

CHARACTER MENU
    -First option is Story Mode
    -Second option is local multiplayer
    -Third option is online multiplayer
    -Fourth option is character customisation (you can modify your character whenever you want)
    -Fifth option gives you a yes/no prompt to delete your character

CUTSCENE/DIALOGUE STUFF
    -Press Start to skip cutscenes
    -Press X to rapidly skip through dialogue
    -Pressing Y lets you read anything you might have missed by scrolling back with the d-pad

IN-GAME TOUCHSCREEN STUFF

-Top-left corner is obvious - shows your HP, PP and level
    -Top-right corner shows your Action Palette - the icons are bound to the Y, B and A buttons respectively. Hold R to bring up the secondary Action Palette
    -Bottom-left corner - this window shows you the name and a couple of stats on items you're about to pick up, you also get prompts when someone comes online here
    -Bottom-right corner - Map of the current area, shows exits, chests and other stuff
    -Uppermost button, next to map - brings up the Pictochat editor, touch to open
    -Lower button, next to map - brings up your cache of saved/predetermined Pictochat pics, touch to open
    -See the empty strip between all those boxes? That's where other players' HP is displayed.

IN-GAME PAUSE MENU
    -First option is your inventory, which is split into four categories: support items, weapons, armour/mags and technique items (I think). Left/right switches categories, up/down to select items, L/R to view info on selected items, A to equip/use, B to cancel
    -Second option is (I think) a quick-equip menu, not sure
    -Third option allows you to customise the Action Palette
    -Fourth option deals with Mag stuff - feeding and all that junk
    -Fifth option is to do with quests in single-player mode
    -Sixth option allows you to save or quit

More to come!
    Last edited by Vernon12345; Dec 20, 2008 at 09:31 PM.

Default Here's a guide I found

Online Connection Guide
    From Gamefaqs:

You can play PSZ with up to three other people. This'll be a run-down of the menus.

First: To add Friend Codes.
    As soon as you press start you're greeted with your character slots. To see your friend code and register other friends, press A on the menu right above Wi-Fi. There you'll see your name, your friend code and three options.

Option 1: View friends.
    Option 2: Add friend.
    Option 3: Change shown name.

Now that you've got friends (and a Wi-Fi connection, durrr) select your character and go down to Wi-Fi. It'll have the golden emblem, not the silver like Local Multiplayer. You'll be greeted by a prompt, press A on the first option. It's already highlighted. You'll connect and then you'll see three options.

First option: Host/Join Game.
    To host a game, click the first option. You'll be sent to a room where you can draw, that's the lobby. When your friends join, you'll see an 'A' icon appear next to the 'Start' icon. Press A to start the game.
    To join a game, go to the second. You'll see your friends list! This is the most confusing part that I've found. At your friends list, you'll see four icons.

- Blue background, black person symbol. This means they're waiting in the lobby, waiting for people to join their game. The amount of symbols is how many people are there.
    - Green chainlink. This means they're online, but not in a lobby.
    - Grey chainlink. They're offline.
    - Red background, black running guy. They're in a game.

Now, to join a game. You'll need someone in a lobby. When they're there, press A. Click the first option, and then the first option again. It takes a little bit of time to join a lobby, so if you see yourself alone in there don't pay any mind, you're joining.

Caution: Press A and choosing the first (and only) option on someone who ISN'T in a lobby will delete them from your friends list.

The second option in the main Wi-Fi menu is random matchmaking. I'm not sure what the first red tick is, but the other three are levels. When you're happy with the settings, press A on the two Japanese characters at the bottom-right and you'll start searching. I haven't used this to an extent, so I don't know much after that.

The third and last option in the main Wi-Fi menu is to start a game. Alone. Nobody can join, but it'll notify you when people log onto your friends list and when they make a lobby. It's a good way to play if you're waiting for a friend to come on.

Thanks for the menu translations. I'm sure they'll help a lot of people out.

thanks man i was hoping someone would do this i look forward to seeing some more! now just waiting for my game to arrive

PSO Assassin

Quote Originally Posted by Vernon12345 View Post
    -Fifth option has been greyed out thus far, don't know what it is
    I think this option has quest information and allows you to quit your currently active quest (and return to town).
    Last edited by yellow5; Dec 20, 2008 at 03:27 PM.

I just remembered that the katakana for that option is Kuesuto, so I can only assume that means quest. Nice job yellow5.

Nice guide,Thanks. wish i would of had seen it sooner before i accidentally erased my character but oh well now i wont' make same mistake lol.

Anyone who's running this on a emulator know how to connect to wifi?
    Phantasy Star 2 Char/Serv
    ChronoTrigga - Human Female - Ship 7 / Block 30

It isn't possible. Don't try. It isn't, really. There's no way you can play only with a Nintendo DS emulator.

Oh well, it was merely for testing purposes anyways. I plan on buying this gem when the real game comes out in the U.S. I can't fricken wait. XD
    Phantasy Star 2 Char/Serv
    ChronoTrigga - Human Female - Ship 7 / Block 30