Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Q : Can you use spells with weapons like sabers, shields, daggers or do you have to use a force weapon?

PSO2 & PSPortable2 Addict Amherst_Wind's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gemel View Post
    Q : Can you use spells with weapons like sabers, shields, daggers or do you have to use a force weapon?
    You can use spells with any weapon or barehanded, however Wands and Rods boost your spells power and your own magic stat, so there is a reason to use them while casting techs.
    Also like PSO different weapons will give you different casting animations, though I haven't tested if any are faster than others yet.

alright for those of you that have it already.. a couple simple questions...

I usually make a HU but mechguns are like my favorite type of weapon. Can all the HU classes use mechs? has anyone stumbled across a duel sword special weapon yet like musashi or yamoto?

and last but not least...

Would I be able to learn the basic gameplay and menus by trial and error without having to look up words? I am a pso vet so the series is not new to me. This last question pretty much determines whether I will order it from play-asia or not so try to give me a good answer =).

Quote Originally Posted by aarosmashguy View Post
    alright for those of you that have it already.. a couple simple questions...

I usually make a HU but mechguns are like my favorite type of weapon. Can all the HU classes use mechs?
    My cast hunter can use mechs. Very useful in this game. Got me through 70% of the story.

has anyone stumbled across a duel sword special weapon yet like musashi or yamoto?
    Not yet.

Would I be able to learn the basic gameplay and menus by trial and error without having to look up words? I am a pso vet so the series is not new to me. This last question pretty much determines whether I will order it from play-asia or not so try to give me a good answer =).
    Trial and error got me through just fine. Same with PSP, JPBB, and JPPSU.

ok thanks for the info Zarode. Sound like I'll be pre-ordering this asap. Hopefully it won't take too long because I'm dieing to play this.
    Last edited by aarosmashguy; Dec 22, 2008 at 12:35 AM.

Here is some general information that I have learned while playing that I think would be helpful. Some of this may have already been mentioned in this thread or elsewhere...

Guns dont use PP like in PSU, and they even have charged special attacks like melee weapons. Wands/staffs also have charged special attacks. And you can also fight unarmed like in PSO and use a charged special (my HUnewearl does a kind of chun-li rapid kick thing XD).

Something useful to know about techs. You seem to be only able to find 1 type of tech disk for each element (just a matter of finding higher lvl disks like PSO). But charging a tech will make you cast a higher rank of it.

For example charging foie will cast rafoie, and you have to charge resta to heal others around you. I'm not sure if its possible to get gi-type techs since I havent played around with techs much, but I'm guessing you are limited to 2 types per tech.

It would appear that mag's can be found with already lvl'ed stats, one mag I have found had 23 power/striking already on it. But its Photon Blast was the twins buff raising one (I dont remember the PSO name), while my lvl 17 pure striking had the same evolution but had an attack PB. Perhaps mags come with random PB's, I'm not sure about this.

To activate a PB when your PB guage is full, press L+R. You can hold L+R and use D-pad to turn your direction to aim it. Or hold it to allow others to stack their PB's with yours for more power (like in PSO using multiple PB's would increase attack power and buffs given).

Also mag's can be fed any item including weapons and armor like PSU's partner machines. I tend to feed mine melee weapons, though I may try feeding some guns later to increase dex.

I have heard some say that they found a rappy mag cell thats usable on a lv60+ mag. I have yet to get one myself.

When playing single player doing story or side quests with npc characters, your stylus-chat shortcuts will be replaced by npc commands. I have not worked out which each one does yet, but some seem to issue orders like heal, buff, or even use PB. Someone needs to make a list of these.

There are also lobby actions while in town by pressing L+D-pad, or L+R+D-pad for opposite sex actions.

In multiplayer item drops are not shared, everyone actually gets their own drops on their side. But the items each person gets are not the same as the ones gotten by other players in their game. I dont know if rare items are handled any different.

You are not able to drop an item in the field for others to pickup, the only option to drop just discards the item into nothingness. But there is an item trade option at the storage/info npc back in town.

Quote Originally Posted by neo-kun View Post
    I have heard some say that they found a rappy mag cell thats usable on a lv60+ mag. I have yet to get one myself.
    I've found the Rappy one and another one for level 70+ MAG's. Pics:

It wobbles back and forth, vaguely resembles the new Rappy model but I personally don't like the look of it.

Level 70 one:

Sorry for the small images, no$gba runs at a tiny resolution and I couldn't be bothered to find a workaround just to take a few screenshots.

In multiplayer item drops are not shared, everyone actually gets their own drops on their side. But the items each person gets are not the same as the ones gotten by other players in their game. I dont know if rare items are handled any different.
    Rares work the same way, everyone gets different items both from crates and the chests that appear when you clear a room/boss.

When playing single player doing story or side quests with npc characters, your stylus-chat shortcuts will be replaced by npc commands. I have not worked out which each one does yet, but some seem to issue orders like heal, buff, or even use PB. Someone needs to make a list of these.
    NPC battle commands
    * "Free order" tells an NPC to freely go into battle.
    * "Attack shift" tells an NPC to go into an offensive mode.
    * "Shooter sight" tells an NPC to use long-ranged attacks.
    * "Heal order" tells an NPC to focus on healing.
    * "Follow order" tells an NPC to stick close to the party leader.
    * "PB release" tells an NPC to use their photon blast.
    * "PB chain" tells an NPC to chain their photon blast with the leader's.

So wait....does that mean if like say I pick up a monomate. It will still be there on someone elses screen until they pick up their version of what has dropped? Or does it happen like, I pick up a monomate. And everyone gets a random item?
    Phantasy Star 2 Char/Serv
    ChronoTrigga - Human Female - Ship 7 / Block 30

Quote Originally Posted by Handsock View Post
    So wait....does that mean if like say I pick up a monomate. It will still be there on someone elses screen until they pick up their version of what has dropped? Or does it happen like, I pick up a monomate. And everyone gets a random item?
    Monsters don't actually drop items anymore. Once you clear a room a chest appears which has all your pooled drops. When you break the chest all the items pop out but everyone gets different ones, so on my screen there might be 2 Meseta's, a Monomate and a sword, but on someone elses screen there could be 2 swords, a gun and 2 Meseta. Crates work the same way, when you break it a different item spawns on everyones screen. No more lootwhoring and worrying about people stealing drops.