View Poll Results: On a Scale of 1 to 10 How Good Is PS0? Feel free to explain why.

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 =[

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%

1 3.03%
  • 5 :/

1 3.03%

0 0%

3 9.09%

6 18.18%

12 36.36%
  • 10 :3

10 30.30%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Review Thread

Default Review Thread

Write a review for PS0 if you have it and are currently playing it. Rate it a 1 out of 10 and don't go easy on it because it's a handheld. Rate it on playability and fun not just because it's a handheld game that isn't complete garbage or something of the sort. Try to base it off a wide audience not just a 'special' audience that you may fall under that would make this game extraordinarily good. Go! :O

I don't get it. ''Try to base it off a wide audience not just a 'special' audience that you may fall under that would make this game extraordinarily good''? Wait, what?
    ...Rest in peace, ol' chap. :'(

You know like those people over at the PSP area right after the demo came out they were all like omg it's like psu but also like pso cause they took out all the things that sucked but then when i played it i was like wait a minute it still sucks they lied to me!
    Last edited by Dragwind; Dec 26, 2008 at 07:54 AM. Reason: removed offending portion

Lol

Opinionated. All reviews are. So you won't get far if they aren't going to be so. There's no such thing as facts when it comes to *good* games. Well made, sure, good? No, strictly a matter of taste.

Yeah yeah. The game is awesome, anyways.
    ...Rest in peace, ol' chap. :'(

I miss mindless mobs following you blindly.
    And switching weapons/using stuff that's not on the pallet takes forever.
    Besides that it is pretty PSOish and I like it.

Itīs pretty much PSO handheld with more variety.
    The music isnīt as interesting, but still not bad.

A faster palette switching would be appricatied, iīm thinking of whoever wants to use a force spell casting type would like that.
    I havenīt actually tried using forces yet in this, so it might be more forgiving.

Also, whoever made that 100 floor dungeon must been drunk.
    It takes almost all day upon completition, and you canīt in any way turn off the game during that quest.
    Because then you forfeit all the progress there.

Sorry if i went a little off topic last lines, but i feelt it had to be said.
    All in all, i gladly give this game a 9/10.

I love PSO and PSU, and this game as well...gotta be pretty damned hard to squeeze everything in there unto the DS.
    [PSO2] Darkante: Cast HU-44/RA-43/FI-42/GU-30
    Astral Storm: Newman F HU-35
    [PSP2:I]
    RB3 - Dark Knight "Ante" : Cast M Lv 200/ JLv Hu50/Ra50/F30/Va46
    RB3 - Crimson Sky: Beast F Lv 174/ JLv Hu34/Ra18/Fo1/Va50
    RB0 - Zone Dynamite: Beast M Lv 76/ JLv Hu0/Ra7/Fo0/Va0

I think I'm gonna buy this. So far it seems to offer a lot even when compared to PSO. I mean 8 levels? Wow. Telepipes, Shots, MAGs, etc. The onl thing I don't like is the theme of the game. It's not as futuristic but I think I can live with that. Sometimes change is good I guess. Sega just won 50 bucks again. boop boop.

I give it an 8.

Gameplay wise its amazing, plenty to do, same addictive elements that made PSO so great, but a few knacks with the controls. Although its unfair to blame this on PSZ, the lack of buttons kinda hampered my experience. The fact I cant do a quick select of weapons whilst moving just makes me remember how well PSO was, although they did the best they could for this, the fact there was no shortcut for Techs makes things harder, although you could say that makes the game a bit more strategic. Nevertheless, I miss it.

The music was quite average, theres a few annoying tunes, but the rest is average bordering good. Best tune so far is clearly part 2 of the last area (cant recall the name). The inclusion of some PSO sound effects felt great too.

And finally, online. I love it, played it a little but not too much, too busy offline grinding. But I do feel Sega concentrating on the lowest possible age rating ruined a little bit of it. Although they couldnt have a fully fledged interactive lobby like PSO, they could of made it into little chat rooms. I'm pretty sure they would of gotten away with communication between strangers if they upped the age rating and put a warning on the box, but ofcourse, its CERO rating is A, making this unallowed.

So yeah, 8 out of 10, maybe it should of been 9 out of 10..oh I'l just leave it as 8, already voted!

It's good, not the best, but certainly has it's charm. 8/10

CBA to write a real review. Also, inb4DSsucksPSPbetterboy

Bad rating system, I have a better one:

-Above all RPGs
    -Above PSO
    -Below PSO
    -Above PSU
    -Below PSU
    -Below all RPGs
    Fan Art of my Character & Matoi Defending a City
    Spoiler!