Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default How long do you think this game will last?

I was talking to one of my friends about this game and overall, he says that most of the game is easy. =P He already got to level 79 after 6 days of hardcore playing, lol

This really concerns me since it sounds like this game will not last as long as PSO. While PSO is not too hard, PSO is still harder than PSZ from what I understand. I was hoping that there were quests/stages suitable for level 100, 4-p teams to take on but it doesn's sound like there are.

I was hoping that getting to 100 takes at least 2 months minimum but it doesn't sound like that would even be possible if someone plays a few hrs a day.

At this rate, it feels like this game will last maybe a year, 1.5 years at most.

What do you guys, to the players that are already high leveled, feel about this?

Not sure. However, I wouldn't be surprised if the game isn't too long for a single character to get to the end game and be ready to just hunt for items. Still, you'll probably run multiple characters since you can't just class-switch like you can in PSP and PSU.

However, even the PSP game is to provide a quicker and somewhat faster experience, per character, than the full-blown console games. I would think this one may be similar. However, I don't know if there is a lot of seasonal content and stuff put in there. If so, that could really put a big length to it.

The thing that kept more of the dedicated PSO players playing (like me, still playing PSO) were 3 main goals. Hitting 200 (my least favorite), item hunting, and soloing difficult stages like Towers (mini-bosses and megid galore)

I was hoping that there were stages/quests that require 4 100 level players to complete.
    Last edited by metatime; Dec 27, 2008 at 06:07 PM.

I haven't seen that far so I can't tell you yet.

ehhhh psz's bosses are a lot harder than pso's. The dragon actually does more than 2 things. you actually have to think and can't just keep slashing up front.

I just got the game yesterday but so far I love everything except for maybe lvl 100 being the cap and the limited character customization.

Quote Originally Posted by aarosmashguy View Post
    ehhhh psz's bosses are a lot harder than pso's. The dragon actually does more than 2 things. you actually have to think and can't just keep slashing up front.

I just got the game yesterday but so far I love everything except for maybe lvl 100 being the cap and the limited character customization.
    I never mentioned bosses, lol, just the overall hardness of the game once a player has an advance level and some equipment. My opinion was based on a friend who dedicatedly played this game for 6 days straight and I was wondering on other advance players advice on this issue. =P

For a hand held system you really expect it to be as big as pso? and as long?

my mistake about the bosses lol. Its still harder for me than pso and I had like 1000+ hours on that game. The enemies still seem to have more life in them if that makes any sense.

I wasnt expecting it to be massive since its just a handheld game. And also 6 days of hardcore gaming isnt too bad. Solutions simple, dont hardcore the game instead actually play the game.

I would say the game has as much playtime as the first PSO, ep, maybe even EPS1&2, I was surprised at just how much content there is in PSZ. To me it seems a little easier as you can feed your MAG pretty much anything and there are a lot of grinders/materials around. It's hard to really judge playtime because, like PSO, everyone's been putting some hardcore time in over the past week, and we're all gonna start again when the English release comes out anyway. Also, if you're like me and wanna see the story, you'll have to play through story mode with each race, so there's a few more hours already.

Quote Originally Posted by aarosmashguy View Post
    For a hand held system you really expect it to be as big as pso? and as long?

my mistake about the bosses lol. Its still harder for me than pso and I had like 1000+ hours on that game. The enemies still seem to have more life in them if that makes any sense.
    I have 2500+ hrs on PSO, lol so I was expecting at least 500 hrs for PS0 since it's a handheld. XD

PSO was pretty tough in the beginning especially ep2 but once you leveled and find some sacrifical weapons or weapons with hit, it becomes easy.